I'm new to Droid, as I just got my Droid yesterday, yea bit old but works for me. I want to use my blackberry holster as it fits the phone, but everytime I put it in it goes to car mode. I have researched and found nothing. 1 thing said to put the phone facing the magnet and I have tried that and it still goes into car mode. Any idea how to get it to stop please. TIA
    12-03-10 12:02 PM
    Download and install the app Dock Nothingness from the Market. When the Droid encounters the magnet, a pop-up window will ask which app to launch, choose Dock Nothingness (Always).

The app will prevent the Car Mode from launching; however, the screen will come on for a second or two, then will go back to standby.

If you do want to use the Car Mode later, you can launch it manually from the app icon in your system app tray (or move the icon to your home screen).
    Last edited by xliderider; 12-03-10 at 12:25 PM.
    12-03-10 12:12 PM
    Download and install the app Dock Nothingness from the Market. When the Droid encounters the magnet, a pop-up window will ask which app to launch, choose Dock Nothingness (Always).

The app will prevent the Car Mode from launching; however, the screen will come on for a second or two, then will go back to standby.

If you do want to use the Car Mode later, you can launch it manually from the app icon in your system app tray (or move the icon to your home screen).
    Thanks so much!!!! I will give it a try as soon as I get service. Im at work where the building has no service.
    12-03-10 02:55 PM
    I don't know about dock nothingness but I use dockblocker from the market. It cost .99 but works perfectly. You can put the app icon on your screen so you can toggle it on and off as needed. When it is turned on the screen goes in and out of sleep mode as u put it in and take it out of the magnetic holster. Turn it off and then you can use your home or car dock if you have one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-10 06:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD