I've my gps on because google maps works fine but on verizon navigator a get this message

TO OBTAIN YOUR CURRENT POSITION, VZ NAVIGATOR REQUIRES THE GPS SETTINGS TO BE TUNED ON

i click on yes and send me to "location & security settings" but everything has the checkmark so everthing is on?
    someone know how to fix this ptroblem?
    01-28-11 11:06 AM
    have you called verizon tech support for help?
    01-28-11 11:38 AM
    Please tell us what phone you have?
    Secondly does VZ Nav still cost money?
    Thirdly if it does don't buy it and use Google Maps with Navigation best GPS out there.

Edit it does cost so......have you added it to your plan although your wasting money to do so..........
    Last edited by Accidental Post; 01-28-11 at 11:52 AM.
    01-28-11 11:49 AM
    Why on earth are you using VZ navigator?
    01-28-11 11:51 AM
    you have a droid phone and Google voice navigation is FREE why would you want to pay 9.99 a month to have VZ Navigation? I had a BB prior to my INC and had to pay for the VZ Navigation. Having the google voice navigation wasn't offered for BB users.
    Now that I have the INC the first thing I did was cancel the VZ Nav. I find the google voice to be just as good............you are throwing good money away.
    01-28-11 12:50 PM
    you have a droid phone and Google voice navigation is FREE why would you want to pay 9.99 a month to have VZ Navigation? I had a BB prior to my INC and had to pay for the VZ Navigation. Having the google voice navigation wasn't offered for BB users.
    Now that I have the INC the first thing I did was cancel the VZ Nav. I find the google voice to be just as good............you are throwing good money away.
    You point out yet another reason I want to dump my BB for a Bionic. I resent having to enable VZNav every time I go on vacation. It's only $10, but it's the principle of the thing--I don't like being nickeled and dimed, plus having to install/uninstall VZNav for those times when I'll use it. It's yet another time-wasting process that is due to Verizon's greed.
    01-28-11 01:04 PM
    echo sentiments. Free Nav was a big selling point in going Android.
    01-28-11 03:09 PM
    I have to agree with everyone else. Why pay VZW for Navigator, when Google gives it to you for free?
    01-28-11 04:07 PM
    Since you are rooted and running a custom ROM, my guess is that they stripped out something that was vital for VZ Nav to run.
    01-28-11 07:53 PM
    I have to agree with everyone else. Why pay VZW for Navigator, when Google gives it to you for free?
    echo sentiments. Free Nav was a big selling point in going Android.
    Why on earth are you using VZ navigator?
    Why you all ask? Well google maps is a fine navigation tool that I often use. But I subscribe to Vzw nav because ultimately, Vzw nav has way more options such as suggest alternate routes due to traffic congestion /accidents, avoid toll roads, hov lanes, or ferries. But the most important feature that Gnav does not currently has is different transportation options. When I drive I need to know the truck routes, as any driver will tell you. You can't just choose a street and drive on it. It has to be a truck route, it also has walking, bicycle or public transport aside from car and truck. So until gnav includes that feature Vzw nav is a must (for my needs). Now with that said, ease of use goes to gnav, sound is loud and clear when hooked up to a external speaker (unlike Vzw nav) and gnav is faster. The only other way I see subcribers paying for the service is maybe they are used to vznav. At first I found gnav confusing but you see its not. Vznav is. But you can fine-taylor to your gps needs. Yes. Long reply........

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    lssanjose likes this.
    01-29-11 08:57 AM
    Huh? I've used google nav, and it did account for traffic conditions. Trucking, I'll give vznav that. Maps has public transport, walking, and bike; and they tie most of that into google nav.
    01-29-11 09:55 AM
    Why you all ask? Well google maps is a fine navigation tool that I often use. But I subscribe to Vzw nav because ultimately, Vzw nav has way more options such as suggest alternate routes due to traffic congestion /accidents, avoid toll roads, hov lanes, or ferries. But the most important feature that Gnav does not currently has is different transportation options. When I drive I need to know the truck routes, as any driver will tell you. You can't just choose a street and drive on it. It has to be a truck route, it also has walking, bicycle or public transport aside from car and truck. So until gnav includes that feature Vzw nav is a must (for my needs). Now with that said, ease of use goes to gnav, sound is loud and clear when hooked up to a external speaker (unlike Vzw nav) and gnav is faster. The only other way I see subcribers paying for the service is maybe they are used to vznav. At first I found gnav confusing but you see its not. Vznav is. But you can fine-taylor to your gps needs. Yes. Long reply........

+1
    Not only that, but why question what someone wants to do with THEIR MONEY. Obviously, the people who are doing the questioning, won't pay for VZNav, that's fine. THAT'S YOUR CHOICE. So give anyone the same respect if THEY choose to pay for the service.

YOU do what YOU want with YOUR money, let THEM do what they want with THEIR money. Period.
    01-29-11 01:45 PM
    Some people, like myself want to know. If they don't want to answer it, that's fine with me. Why question someone's wanting to question? If someone's free to make a decision of what to do with their money, I'd like to know - so I can be informed, as to why they made the decision they made. I'll let them do what they want with their money, while you, and they allow myself and those who want to, ask them why.
    01-29-11 09:10 PM

Hey, apologies if I sounded obtuse in my reply. Thanks for clearing that up. I have to remind myself not to make an "a-s-s" out of "u" and "me"
    01-29-11 09:12 PM
    Some people, like myself want to know. If they don't want to answer it, that's fine with me. Why question someone's wanting to question? If someone's free to make a decision of what to do with their money, I'd like to know - so I can be informed, as to why they made the decision they made. I'll let them do what they want with their money, while you, and they allow myself and those who want to, ask them why.
    If you really wanted to be informed then maybe your question should be like:

"What are the advantages or benefits of paying for VZNav as opposed to using the free google service?"

or even

"Hey, I've been curious as to the differences of paying for VZNav or using google maps?"

Or something to those effects.

That's if you were really wanting to be informed.
    Last edited by Itzdatdude; 01-29-11 at 09:51 PM.
    01-29-11 09:46 PM
    If you really wanted to be informed then maybe your question should be like:

"What are the advantages or benefits of paying for VZNav as opposed to using the free google service?"

or even

"Hey, I've been curious as to the differences of paying for VZNav or using google maps?"

Or something to those effects.

That's if you were really wanting to be informed.
    I think we all assumed he had simplistic reasons to choose VZNavigator, still. I could have rephrased my questions. But, that's why I gave kudos to Whoolio for giving info, I know I overlooked.
    01-29-11 10:40 PM
    I think we all assumed he had simplistic reasons to choose VZNavigator, still. I could have rephrased my questions. But, that's why I gave kudos to Whoolio for giving info, I know I overlooked.
    Right. Whoolio was giving you HIS needs for VZNav. The OP was just saying that they was having problems with it, and I think one or two people gave him a suggestion. Then people started asking why do they use it.

Truthfully I think they posted in the wrong section. Unless they have an Android phone.
    01-29-11 10:54 PM
    Unfortunately, the OP never returned to the thread to respond and clarify the original question or problem(s) they were having.

Their post history indicates a lot of threads started with easily searched questions asked. Greater than 50% of their post history is to post a thread like "what's the best browser, what's the best rom, do I need an antivirus"?
    01-30-11 12:35 PM
    Unfortunately, the OP never returned to the thread to respond and clarify the original question or problem(s) they were having.

Their post history indicates a lot of threads started with easily searched questions asked. Greater than 50% of their post history is to post a thread like "what's the best browser, what's the best rom, do I need an antivirus"?
    The OP never participates in the majority of the threads he posts. I already brought to his attention in another thread that he's bordering on laziness by not doing his own research before posting questions he can easily find himself.

BTW, I've yet to come across anyone with an android device that actually uses VZ Navigator, it's regarded by the majority as bloatware and it's the first thing that's removed after someone roots thier phone.
    Last edited by JD914; 01-30-11 at 03:06 PM.
    01-30-11 03:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD