I am sure many will opt for the official 2.1 flavor for your droid, while many of you are sticking with custom Roms. I thought I would share my happiness on the Helix Launcher with the official 2.1. I have been running it for a day, and love the black app tray, 7 screens supporting live wallpaper. If you have 2.1 now, go to the market and pick up Helix Launcher for free and use it? What do ya think? FCs not an issue so far
    03-31-10 11:41 PM
    I am sure many will opt for the official 2.1 flavor for your droid, while many of you are sticking with custom Roms. I thought I would share my happiness on the Helix Launcher with the official 2.1. I have been running it for a day, and love the black app tray, 7 screens supporting live wallpaper. If you have 2.1 now, go to the market and pick up Helix Launcher for free and use it? What do ya think? FCs not an issue so far
    I am running firmware version 2.1 Nexus mod. Live wallpapers with my droid clocked to 1ghz. I have to say that I am very well pleased with it. Nah I don't think I will be switching over to the official either....
    Live wallpapers is awesome. Sometimes it can be busy but still love it. If nothing else it will be a conversation piece. I was in the VZ store doing some exchnages n the sales person who was helping me had a Droid. I showed he mine and she was blown away. When u show people what u can do with this thing they are blown away.........
    04-01-10 08:34 AM
    I am running firmware version 2.1 Nexus mod. Live wallpapers with my droid clocked to 1ghz. I have to say that I am very well pleased with it. Nah I don't think I will be switching over to the official either....
    Live wallpapers is awesome. Sometimes it can be busy but still love it. If nothing else it will be a conversation piece. I was in the VZ store doing some exchnages n the sales person who was helping me had a Droid. I showed he mine and she was blown away. When u show people what u can do with this thing they are blown away.........
    Thanks Trendy, my first thread got it's cherry popped, lol. The droid is amazing, and I have never had a phone this long that I am still very satisfied with. I was on the edge of putting on a custom rom, but I never actually sat down to do it. When I installed 2.1, I was frankly disappointed, same app tray, still three screens (my three were cramped beyond cramped) and I was ready to root. I rolled across HelixLauncher in the app market and it gave me what I was missing about 2.1. It works so well, that I made it my default Launcher (never could do that with other replacement apps, as most had FCs). Helix has run perfect ever since I installed it. That said, I still may put on a custom rom for the purpose of controlling the silicon, and getting new eye candy, but I am good for now.

I am blown away by the speech to text feature in 2.1. I have been sending off emails without lifting a finger. The recognition is scary good, though odd last names require a manual input. Who uses keyboards anymore

Hope ur out enjoying the weather, it is nice outside! I am stuck in BIO 111 for three hours then I am headed to the lake with the kid....L8TR
    04-01-10 11:10 AM
    Thanks Trendy, my first thread got it's cherry popped, lol. The droid is amazing, and I have never had a phone this long that I am still very satisfied with. I was on the edge of putting on a custom rom, but I never actually sat down to do it. When I installed 2.1, I was frankly disappointed, same app tray, still three screens (my three were cramped beyond cramped) and I was ready to root. I rolled across HelixLauncher in the app market and it gave me what I was missing about 2.1. It works so well, that I made it my default Launcher (never could do that with other replacement apps, as most had FCs). Helix has run perfect ever since I installed it. That said, I still may put on a custom rom for the purpose of controlling the silicon, and getting new eye candy, but I am good for now.

I am blown away by the speech to text feature in 2.1. I have been sending off emails without lifting a finger. The recognition is scary good, though odd last names require a manual input. Who uses keyboards anymore

Hope ur out enjoying the weather, it is nice outside! I am stuck in BIO 111 for three hours then I am headed to the lake with the kid....L8TR
    This is your first thread... wow.
    Well since my phone was already rooted.
    I got Rom Manager, since I don't have a PC
    at home. I loaded Ultimate Droid which has the Helix
    Launcher 2.1. It is nice, I am indeed enjoying
    the weather....
    Have fun late.....
    04-01-10 11:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD