Literally have been on the phone with VZW and MOTO all morning trying to get my exchange email set up on my phone. No luck whatsoever! I must say that the lady from VZW was an american and was very patient and worked very hard to solve my problem. MOTO on the other hand.....couldn't 1/2 speak or understand English. We tried one simple setting and she said to take the phone back to the store! Talk about giving up fast! I was going to try to setup my email so that it would go through gmail while MOTO and VZW try to fix the exchange issues. They couldn't even figure that out! So now I have a pretty cool phone that is useless when it comes to email. I am going to be as patient as possible and give them some time to help me fix my email. If by Monday I still don't have a solution, I will be returning the phone! I don't know what other options I have. I would LOVE someone to post a NEW thread giving step by step instructions on how to set up email to flow through gmail and also how to set up exchange mail. I literally have changed every setting and still can't get it to send or receive my company email.

VZW dosnt support any exchange servers, you will need setting from your IT dept to set it up right.
    11-07-09 01:01 PM
    for whatever reason, the wifi on my droid just didn't like the wpa setting. i changed to no security, WEP, and WPA2 and all connected just fine.
    You're probably better off with WPA2 anyway.

BTW, where's Sal? Did what we told him fix his Yahoo email and now he's locked himself in a room with the Droid and isn't coming out?
    11-07-09 01:02 PM
    I'm having trouble setting up my Yahoo! account. It keeps saying incorrect user/pass when I know I'm putting them in correctly.

Also, how can I get my contacts, etc. from my BB Storm to my Droid?

Help, please.
    Google Sync will fix your contacts
    11-07-09 01:03 PM
    Let me get this straight before I go pick up the Droid that is on hold for me. If I just want a plain old Outlook type pop/smtp email account using my Verizon address there will be an account set up routine or wizard that will have me enter the incoming server (incoming.verizon.net), the outgoing server (outgoing.verizon.net), my email address (*****@verizon.net) and password. I will now receive emails just like I do on my desktop except in Droids email application. Is this going to push automatically or will it poll at some time intervals that I select?

Another question. I was told I cannot easily sync with Outlook. How can that be true if Android uses ActiveSync?

Thanks in advance for any help.
    Sorry to tell you but Verizon no longer has servers, since Aug 09. no vzw.net acct will work any more
    11-07-09 01:05 PM
    Google Sync will fix your contacts
    I had never tried google sync before, but it literally transfered my contacts from Tour to my amazing new droid in under 30 secs. Flawless

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-09 01:07 PM
    I made the same post on the Storm 2 forums dude..... Like I said... I've never said the Android was a bad phone, my only complain was the e-mail... THATS IT! Go through every single one of my videos, every single one of my comments.
    Gmail is da bomb just as fast as BB's
    11-07-09 01:19 PM
    Don't know if this has been discussed or I am the only person noticing and experiencing it.

When I am on the home screen, I can't get the phone to show in landscape even when I tilt it, what am I doing wrong, have checked every possible setting, I was only able to get it to run after installing open home, but I don't want that app since first off all, its function is to install themes, but one of the options in the settings was to unlock it to go into landscape on the main menu.

Does anyone know how to enable landscape for the main menu without workaround apps?
    11-07-09 11:13 PM
    seems yahoo won't work yet, sure someone will figure it out.

create a gmail account, transfer the contacts using googlesync and then load them to the droid.

MY QUESTION, any tips on getting contacts from an EnV2 to a droid? google sync won't work.
    i don't know how it was done...but I handed the rep my ancient LG (En)V and she transferred everything in three mins and handed it back. Are you near a store?
    11-07-09 11:32 PM
    Is there a speed dial option? if so how do u get to it?
    there is no actual speed dial option, instead make a widget out of your contact. then you'll have it on your home screen
    11-07-09 11:42 PM
    Literally have been on the phone with VZW and MOTO all morning trying to get my exchange email set up on my phone. No luck whatsoever! I must say that the lady from VZW was an american and was very patient and worked very hard to solve my problem. MOTO on the other hand.....couldn't 1/2 speak or understand English. We tried one simple setting and she said to take the phone back to the store! Talk about giving up fast! I was going to try to setup my email so that it would go through gmail while MOTO and VZW try to fix the exchange issues. They couldn't even figure that out! So now I have a pretty cool phone that is useless when it comes to email. I am going to be as patient as possible and give them some time to help me fix my email. If by Monday I still don't have a solution, I will be returning the phone! I don't know what other options I have. I would LOVE someone to post a NEW thread giving step by step instructions on how to set up email to flow through gmail and also how to set up exchange mail. I literally have changed every setting and still can't get it to send or receive my company email.
    Get your IT admin to send you your companies Trusted Root Certificate link. You will need to download your companies Cert, then install it into trusted root certificates and you will be good to go...This is what I had to do for mine, if it does not work for you, then I do not know what else it could be...Good luck...
    11-07-09 11:56 PM
    I knew I wasn't able to instal POP3 anymore (since yahoo took down the freaking link on their page that says HOW TO SET IT UP) and now was charging a "fee" for it, but I thought to myself "THEY CAN'T DO THAT TO EVERYONE, MOST PEOPLE WILL FLIP OUT WHEN THEY NOTICE THAT", but I guess I was wrong... LOL

So all I gotta do to get my yahoo e-mail is to pay a freaking fee!? I hate them so much, I don't even care about the couple bucks, just the fact that they are charging. DBags!!!

Gracias Civic that is greatly appreciated.
    I think you should update your OP so that people will know it's not the phone, but your Yahoo account. Some may not read all of the posts and make a quick (and wrong) assumption.
    11-08-09 03:49 AM
    I think you should update your OP so that people will know it's not the phone, but your Yahoo account. Some may not read all of the posts and make a quick (and wrong) assumption.

Look Under EMAIL ISSUES THREAD, someone has posted steps to set up YAHOO. email without paying
    11-08-09 04:01 AM
    Look Under EMAIL ISSUES THREAD, someone has posted steps to set up YAHOO. email without paying
    I don't use Yahoo. I was just telling Sal that he should update his OP so that people will see it wasn't a phone error at all.
    11-08-09 04:21 AM
    Phone hardware is OK, got used to the keyboard and it's not that bad. But OS is horrible but stable. No ways of getting to files to see a file root system. e-mail is easy to setup if you have gmail but a corporate account, it has trouble. No luck for me there. Battery life is HORRIBLE. Had it charged for an hour after I got it at 5pm and by 9pm, phone was dead. Didn't get a chance to do much on the phone since I had a busy night. Sucks...
    Selecting multiple messages is no go and copy/paste function is horrible.

I thought I would of liked it but I will be going back to BB tomorrow.
    For the battery life, you must have a lot of apps and processes running in memory. Download Task Killer or Advanced Task Killer and you will be surprised how much stuff automatically runs in memory, even if you don't open the app.

Likewise on the file manager/viewer, there are a lot of file viewer apps on the market.

Wow, you are going to return the Droid after only one or two days with it. You have 30 days.

Even I gave the Tour 2.5 weeks before I decided it wasn't for me.
    11-08-09 05:06 AM
    I have an Eris but this is an email question so it should still be the same set up. I have 3 gmail accounts. My normal everyday use one was what they set up my phone with at the store and i have the big M enelope on the homescreen that gets emails in seconds. However i would like my other addresses to be like that as well instead of showing up as a pull service in the "mail" icon on the homescreen at whatever interval they polled on. Is this posssible?
    11-08-09 05:51 AM
    Why does my gmail account on my computer show i have over three hundred contacts but my droid only shows over two hundred? When i search for a contact its there and if i start to re-enter a contact all the information comes up but why am i showing over a hundred less? is it a setting i am missing? Please help! Thanks.
    12-20-09 12:48 AM
    Why does my gmail account on my computer show i have over three hundred contacts but my droid only shows over two hundred? When i search for a contact its there and if i start to re-enter a contact all the information comes up but why am i showing over a hundred less? is it a setting i am missing? Please help! Thanks.
    The contacts on your gmail account may have some duplicates. These won't show on the droid. You also may have a sync issue. Try Droidforums.net, there are lots of answers to questions like this over there.
    12-20-09 08:39 AM

Open "contacts" press menu then "display options" then select your account. Scroll down to the bottom and check "all other contacts" see if that works...
    Last edited by noroll; 12-20-09 at 09:08 PM.
    12-20-09 09:04 PM
118 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD