I like the design of the screen from a hardware perspective. However, I dislike the choice of buttons below it, the "chin" part is also weird to me because I don't now if it does anything special other than have the verizon logo on it. When it's slid open, the keyboard design just looks bad and weird to use, yet not unusable. Not to mention flat keys which don't seem easy for someone with big hands/fingers to use consistently well. The gold also looks tacky and I agree with others that it would have benefitted better on the left for a number of reasons.

But what exactly makes the physical design industrial in nature? Like a breakdown. Just curious so I can make an accurate rebuttal on different design points. And to increase my knowledge of this phone

And on the MicroSD card thing, one reason would be that MicroUSB is a relatively new cable so if you lose/misplace your cable, you can just use a MicroSD card reader or an SD adapter with it. There is also people who do use phones for a portable media player and keep tons of GBs on these things. If someone had a 160gb ipod or zune, they'd need to have 10 microsd cards to hold all their content to only have to carry one device.
    11-07-09 09:14 AM
    so prove the poll wrong with your data. Show us the "real" numbers
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/moto...vote-poll.html
    11-07-09 09:24 AM
    Point two on the beauty pageant...it's an individual thing, because I and many of the reviewers actually love the industrial nature of the design. It's just different than everything else and very solid.

Additionally, I've never really understood the microSD card complaints. How often does an individual really need to go in and pull a 16GB card out of the phone. I don't think I ever had to remove my card from the Storm once. Now if we were constrained to 128 MB cards and had to swap to change .mp3 albums, then I might understand the position.
    Swapping cards could become an issue once Google's official App2SD implementation comes into play and you can swap cards with apps on them. Other than that it's really not.

As per the look of the phone, if the phone could give me a BJ and wash my car and had the world's fastest processor, etc, I wouldn't give a crap what it looked like!
    11-07-09 09:29 AM
    Swapping cards could become an issue once Google's official App2SD implementation comes into play and you can swap cards with apps on them. Other than that it's really not.

As per the look of the phone, if the phone could give me a BJ and wash my car and had the world's fastest processor, etc, I wouldn't give a crap what it looked like!
    LMAO when is that one coming out...........
    But it doesen't cook. oh well
    11-07-09 10:49 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD