dont get me wrong blackberrys are good phones and i like the design of the storm 2 but... im just over all this work i gotta put in on this phone and im over all the glitches-bugs with the storm/storm 2..

i had the storm 1 since day one and its the deff the best phone ive ever owned but i had to put in so much effort just to make it work and run "good" (leaks,app,etc)... ive had the storm 2 since day 1 also and i really do like the phone but what do you know it just started flipping out on me right now before i posted this, i know i know just do a battery pull and it will fix it and so it did... BUT if its happening this earlier within the 1st week of the phone its deff gonna happen in the future with this phone. IM JUST OVER THIS WHOLE ORDEAL I HAVE WITH THESE STORMS.

so when that android comes out on friday, please believe ill be there picking one up for sure now at my verizon store and trading in my BB storm 2 thank god its within the 30 days of exchange.. whos coming with me to the droid side??

heres a lil video and pics of what exactly my phone was doing.. (and no i dont have any apps that would do that or leaked OS's its pretty much stock) i know a lot about these phone because of CB. im on here everyday reading up on everything..

11-02-09 03:24 PM
    Ok, have fun with the Driod. Bye.
    11-02-09 03:26 PM
    If you think the Droid is going to be bug free, guess again.

What app's do you have loaded on the phone?
    11-02-09 03:28 PM
    I just looked up the app "facecall" in crackberry app store and this is what I got.

"This product is not compatible with 9550/9520 (Storm2)"
    11-02-09 03:30 PM
    Ok, have fun with the Driod. Bye.
    Quite often I wonder what's the age bracket for our beloved crackberry forums users.
    There seems to be more tinybopers here than there ever was at those ensync/backstreetboys/britney concerts COMBINED! lol

Now the forums are flooded with Droid here I come, or just really silly stuffs.

Are there any adults here? Business people, you know, the targeted people for blackberrys!
    11-02-09 03:31 PM
    Quite often I wonder what's the age bracket for our beloved crackberry forums users.
    There seems to be more tinybopers here than there ever was at those ensync/backstreetboys/britney concerts COMBINED! lol

Are there any adults here? Business people, you know, the targeted people for blackberrys!
    lol im 22 years old, im not a lil kid thats for sure and YES i do use my phone for work quite a bit because i have 3 jobs! so thanks

i really do want to stay with BB's but its hard when stuff like this happens quite often... so ya idk
    11-02-09 03:33 PM
    seems like a theme issue ? or app issues...

i am keeping my storm2 but am also getting the droid ! so ill see yah on the other side
    11-02-09 03:42 PM
    Wow wtf, why not return your Storm2 for another. I think your units bad sir, at least you can have a working unit before droid hits. It may change your opinion, I have not had a single issue with my Storm2. Mine is absolutely perfect, I've tested every bug reported so far on CB. I think you just have a BAD unit, this phone is really awesome. If you can figure out how to simulate that error I can try on my phone and see if its device specific.
    11-02-09 03:44 PM
    I just looked up the app "facecall" in crackberry app store and this is what I got.

"This product is not compatible with 9550/9520 (Storm2)"
    I noticed that as well. It also does not come up as a storm2 compatible app in AppWorld.
    This could very well be a User problem and not necessarily an issue with the phone. OP remove the app and any others that are not compatible with the phone and see if you still have the same issues.
    11-02-09 03:47 PM
    Also, good job to the guy who found out that FaceCall isn't compatible with Storm 2. It's so important to know that with a brand new device, apps won't be ready for it right away and trying to load them and use them anyways will only result in random things happening to your phone.
    Last edited by BerryGuy25; 11-02-09 at 03:59 PM.
    11-02-09 03:55 PM
    I noticed that as well. It also does not come up as a storm2 compatible app in AppWorld.
    This could very well be a User problem and not necessarily an issue with the phone. OP remove the app and any others that are not compatible with the phone and see if you still have the same issues.
    ya it prob is because of facecall but its dumb how a lot of apps dont work with 5.0.. it just kinda sucks you know
    11-02-09 03:56 PM
    give it some time, its a new phone with a new OS. the developers will update their apps.
    11-02-09 04:04 PM

I'm here and I prefer the Blackberry's. My phone has to do communications (talk, email and text) and do them exceptionally well. After that, I like to lsiten to audiobooks and podcasts.

iPhones are ok, my daughter has one; however, when everything went down with a hurricane, my Blackberry could send and receive texts (some of the time) and BB Messenger worked all of the time. My daughter's iPhone played music and we were entertained. My BB allowed me to find out where we could get ice and supplies.
    11-02-09 04:06 PM
    Is there a chance you could learn to insert the word "is" between do and learn? Clown!
    First thing that you should do learn to spell beforre you call someone a "tinyboper", whatever the **** that is! Clown!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-09 04:17 PM
    And remove one of your r's from "beforre". Thanks!

11-02-09 04:19 PM
    Is there a chance you could learn to insert the word "is" between do and learn? Clown!

This right here is nothing short of an awesome crackberry helpful user. Thanks for the help Antagonist. This shyt made me laugh.
    11-02-09 04:29 PM

I apologize for that! I'm just a tinyboper.

11-02-09 04:31 PM
    ya it prob is because of facecall but its dumb how a lot of apps dont work with 5.0.. it just kinda sucks you know
    One of the stupidest things I've read all day. It's a new OS! Of course there are going to be some core changes that render apps that tie in deeply to the OS buggy.
    11-02-09 04:34 PM

So let me get this straight...RIM released a touchscreen phone in, what they admit, is an attempt to gain more exposure to the consumer market...opened up an app store (which such great apps for business people like Facebook and Myspace and of course Fartin' Up a Storm), the ads for Blackberries have absolutely nothing to do with business, and sponsoring U2 are really just a strategy to target business people?

Man that's some strange marketing...well that or you haven't a clue what you're talking about.

As for the OP, enjoy the Droid...just be careful about the "Grass is always greener" mentality. There's no such thing as a flawless OS so I'd wait a while and see what everyday users are saying about the Droid, also play with one in the store.
    11-02-09 04:35 PM
    I'm here and I prefer the Blackberry's. My phone has to do communications (talk, email and text) and do them exceptionally well. After that, I like to lsiten to audiobooks and podcasts.

iPhones are ok, my daughter has one; however, when everything went down with a hurricane, my Blackberry could send and receive texts (some of the time) and BB Messenger worked all of the time. My daughter's iPhone played music and we were entertained. My BB allowed me to find out where we could get ice and supplies.
    You found out where you could get ice and supplies via BBM? Impressive.
    11-02-09 04:37 PM
    Also, good job to the guy who found out that FaceCall isn't compatible with Storm 2. It's so important to know that with a brand new device, apps won't be ready for it right away and trying to load them and use them anyways will only result in random things happening to your phone.
    Wrong, RIM was ******** here.

Most of the apps I had on my Storm1 I had to download OTA for the Storm2...App World thinks I have an incompatible phone...which isn't true. If it worked on 5.0 on the S1...it'll work on 5.0 on the S2.

I had to go through and download half my apps all OTA...sucks too because I can't install Where (no OTA location for it). Go figure when I installed my apps OTA...they worked flawlessly.

Hopefully RIM can get around to fixing that issue pretty quickly...it greatly increased the time it took me to reinstall all my apps.

Most all apps available in app world are 5.0 compatible.
    11-02-09 04:39 PM
    When the iPhone went to 3.0 there were tons of apps that were immediately compatible. The same was true for snow leopard OS and Windows 7 programs. It takes a little bit for the software developers to catch up to new operating systems.

Just be a little patient and soon all the apps will work on 5.0
    11-02-09 04:39 PM
    So if you really wanna get rid of the Storm 2 I would LOVE to take it off your hands... Shoot Ill even give you my Tour for the S2! haha! My Tour is running OS 5.0 too!
    11-02-09 04:40 PM
    When the iPhone went to 3.0 there were tons of apps that were immediately compatible. The same was true for snow leopard OS and Windows 7 programs. It takes a little bit for the software developers to catch up to new operating systems.

Just be a little patient and soon all the apps will work on 5.0
    And it will be the case for Android 2.0
    11-02-09 04:43 PM
    The S2 has not even been out a week yet You have to give developers time to convert their apps and themes. Patience people.

11-02-09 04:48 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD