I'm pretty unhappy right now. We had to go back to T-Mobile because Sprint decided to be fast & loose with their billing so back to T-Mobile we had to go. To make things worse, I had trade my Evo in so I'm back to the G2 again until the Sensation drops. The G2 is hella sweet. Vanilla Android rocks, but reverting back from the Evo's 4.3" screen to the G2's 3.8" screen is torturous.
    05-28-11 08:42 PM
    that sucks.....they increase the cost of your plans?
    05-28-11 08:55 PM
    We paid ahead on the bill because we were behind. They gave us a bill credit then decided to bill us for two months (last month that we already paid plus this month). When we called to dispute the bill, they claimed we never had a credit to begin with. And, of course our rates haven't been coonsistent.
    05-29-11 01:36 PM
    I'm sorry to hear that. I have the G2 and loved it but I don't think I would be happy with it again now that I've been spoiled by the big screen of the Thunderbolt.

Sent from my VZW Thunderbolt.
    05-29-11 06:11 PM
    That sucks, K Bear!! I have another friend who is having a rotten time with Sprint as well.

I'm surprised you're going to go with the Sensation. I remember you had some harsh words about the MT4G, and to me the Sensation is like the MT4G on mega steroids. Needless to say, I can't wait for it .
    05-29-11 08:05 PM
    The Sensation is equivalent to the Evo 3D. It's top off the line Android. The MyTouch line is a great entry series, but is hampered by its UI, IMO. Vanilla Android rocks, there's no doubt about it. Sense is great, even though it's a battery hog. The MyTouch UI on top off Sense kills the user experience for someone like myself.
    05-29-11 08:40 PM
    I am not a fan of Sense. I just use Launcher Pro and things work a lot better for me. Have you tried that?

I would love to get a HTC device on VZW that is vanilla Android.

05-30-11 04:33 AM
    I've always said that people would think of the MT4G differently if they had dropped the MyTouch branding. It's just the BRANDING that kept people from not taking this phone seriously. This was a beast of a phone when it came out nearly 7 months ago and still holds up. I tried the G2x for a few days and honestly it felt like a downgrade.

Vanilla Android should be better IN THEORY, but for the most part I haven't seen the benefits. Faster updates? The G2 came out in September and the MT4G came out in November and both will get their gingerbread update this summer. Faster OS? Not really. Yes the MT4G stutters every once in awhile, but when I had the G2x I had to do battery pulls at least once a day. In the 7 months I've had the MT4G I've had to do battery pulls maybe 2-3 times. The MySense UI really has no bearing on the phone's speed in this regard.

I know it's personal preference, but I actually like Sense. I like having features out of the box. When I got the G2x I had to root around for apps that mimicked things that Sense automatically had, like a lock screen music player widget. Plus, the stock Sense keyboard is the best I've used so far. I'm really looking forward to seeing what all comes with Sense 3.0.
    Last edited by pantlesspenguin; 05-30-11 at 08:38 AM.
    05-30-11 08:34 AM
    I am not a fan of Sense. I just use Launcher Pro and things work a lot better for me. Have you tried that?

I would love to get a HTC device on VZW that is vanilla Android.

Right now I'm using Beautiful Widgets Lite. It gives me almost everything I loved about Sense without killing my battery.

As far as a Vanilla Android device, I know there will be a new G series device released in or around back to school time that blows the Nexus S and G2X out of the water. Hopefully a version of it his Berizon. The Incredible S should be more like the Sensation and Evo 3D, but is not.
    05-30-11 02:33 PM
    Sorry to hear about your misfortunes with Sprint. Unfortunately your experiences are not out of the normal in dealing with them. I had the same shady misdealings with them years ago around the time the Touch Diamond came out and I tried them out. Glad I kept Verizon in case things didn't work out. It's sad to see that the more things change, the more they seem to stay the same. I want the Evo 3D so bad but I will never give Sprint a penny of my hard earned money.
    06-04-11 01:40 PM
    VZ will release something comparable. HTC is notorious for re releasing the same phone under a new name across carriers...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-11 04:39 PM
    HTC does release devices in the same family across all carriers. Each carrier's device has a feature or few that are unique to that carrier and of course names are different.
    06-04-11 05:05 PM
    So I had to bend over and take one for the team. My other half ended up getting better coverage & prices with AT&T. I'm not happy making the jump to the Death Star, but it is what it is. I'm now using the HTC Inspire. It's much snappier than my Evo and has more real estate & a more responsive keyboard than the G2.
    06-06-11 08:08 PM
    haha, well you cant complain too much at least with android you have choices of great device on all carriers
    06-06-11 08:28 PM
    Thanks Matt. I'm just glad I'm back with a full touchscreen device. Physical keyboards are great in business, but in real life, virtual is where it's at.
    06-06-11 10:18 PM
    hahaha, try telling that to a bunch of BB owners! but yeah im never going back to physical keyboard
    06-06-11 10:25 PM
    Blah, sorry about ATT. They don't have unlimited data anymore. I hope you like your new phone though!

06-07-11 09:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD