I have 2 upgrades coming up during summer. I'm looking at the Android platforms. Can the Android phones do grouped contacts like the Blackberry can without having to use a computer?

This is an essential function and an absolute deal breaker from leaving Blackberry if the Android phones cannot do this.
    03-25-10 02:26 PM
    Groups can be set-up in gmail. However, I haven't figured out how to filter/view the contacts by group on my Droid.
    03-25-10 03:53 PM
    That's what I'm afraid of with leaving using a Blackberry. I coach nearly year around and need to be able to send 1 text to a group and it hit all my athletes.
    03-25-10 08:02 PM
    Well then that wouldn't be a problem. I use the app called handcent SMS and you can send a text message out to one of your groups setup in Gmail.
    03-25-10 09:04 PM
    Well then that wouldn't be a problem. I use the app called handcent SMS and you can send a text message out to one of your groups setup in Gmail.
    Wait. So I'd have to get on the desktop/laptop and do it through gmail? I couldn't directly do it through a grouped contact list on the phone?
    03-25-10 09:25 PM
    No. You use Handcent to compose the SMS on your Droid, and you can select to send via the group option. AFAIK, you have to setup the groups in Gmail initially on the computer though.
    03-25-10 09:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD