Okay played with iOS and WP7 again and so far I like them both better than Android although Android is still very good. I just like the more smooth, responsive, polished and refining experience on those OSs versus Android.

With that said, I'm getting a WP7 phone but I'll still be a fan of Android. Gonna sell my Droid X on ebay.
    Last edited by techman4112; 12-28-10 at 10:22 AM.
    12-18-10 02:21 PM
    I told you.
    12-18-10 02:38 PM
    And I decided I'm sticking to my Droid X and saving my upgrade for something that can blow it away next summer.
    Wait...since when is the iPhone considered an upgrade over a DX?
    K Bear likes this.
    12-18-10 02:57 PM
    The iphone is a great item. Its just to simple for me.
    12-18-10 02:59 PM
    Yeah the phone is nice but I wouldn't use my upgrade on it if it comes in 2011 because not only will there be another release in the summer which will probably have an LTE radio but there will be lots of Android phones coming out with insane hardware. Best thing to do is sit and wait. Can't complain either since I have an X running vanilla Android.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-10 03:45 PM
    I don't want iphone. I have never really liked it. But for Verizon to get it, for those unhappy ATT users, this will be huge for Big Red. I know 5 people who will leave them to come to Verizon once they have it.
    12-24-10 03:08 PM
    I like your new signature Jude
    12-24-10 03:36 PM
    And I decided I'm sticking to my Droid X and saving my upgrade for something that can blow it away next summer.
    No widgets
    No real multi-tasking
    No Flash
    No Google Navigation
    No background notifications
    No customizable notification tones
    ect...

There are devices that already blow it away. IPhone without a doubt is NOT the be all end all of mobile phones, I should know, I own an iPhone 4 that I only use only as an iPod.
    12-24-10 04:31 PM
    No widgets
    No real multi-tasking
    No Flash
    No Google Navigation
    No background notifications
    No customizable notification tones
    ect...

There are devices that already blow it away. IPhone without a doubt is NOT the be all end all of mobile phones, I should know, I own an iPhone 4 that I only use only as an iPod.
    I agree with you. But, it is the best in multimedia (movies, games, music, etc). The hardware is very slick and the apps are superior. So I can see why people would covet the iPhone 4. I have a Dood X and it runs a close second to the iPhone in the multimedia category while besting it with the web browser. When you consider all of the other functions of the phone, the Droid X is superior to it in every other way. But you can't deny the iPhone's strengths.

12-27-10 05:19 AM
    I like your new signature Jude
    I just like Jude... lol
    Respectfully
    12-27-10 09:52 AM
    it is the best in multimedia (movies, games, music, etc). The hardware is very slick and the apps are superior.
    I agree BUT that's where iPhone's appeal ends and it's short comings begin.
    12-27-10 01:37 PM
    I agree BUT that's where iPhone's appeal ends and it's short comings begin.
    Indeed, and I don't want to be the brothers doobiest of debate, but a lot of google apps are raining supreme.
    12-27-10 01:56 PM
    Indeed, and I don't want to be the brothers doobiest of debate, but a lot of google apps are raining supreme.
    The NATIVE Applications are reigning supreme. some of the iOS applications are smoother and "prettier" than Google's counterpart. The SpeedTest.net Application comes to mind, and a few others.

Don't get me wrong i own an iPod and a few Android devices. I LOVE Google's Android platform. But Apple's is nice, just just locked down tighter than a gnats bum hole over a 55 gallon drum.
    12-27-10 03:33 PM
    iOS is the regular army in the cellphone world and android is the special forces. Everyone needs the conventional army, but everyone wants to be in the SF. Oh and RIM is the Russians they do everything half arsed but somehow make it work.
    12-27-10 03:44 PM
    iOS is the regular army in the cellphone world and android is the special forces. Everyone needs the conventional army, but everyone wants to be in the SF. Oh and RIM is the Russians they do everything half arsed but somehow make it work.
    LOL, that's pretty funny.
    12-27-10 03:51 PM
    The NATIVE Applications are reigning supreme.
    Yup
    Apple's is nice, just just locked down tighter than a gnats bum hole over a 55 gallon drum.
    uh huh...
    12-27-10 05:59 PM
    Very funny
    12-27-10 06:02 PM
    iOS and WP7 might be closed down but they're a **** of a lot more polished than Android. Compare the HTC Surround to the Fascinate and the Surround is just so much smoother all around.

Gotta hub credit to where it's due.

12-27-10 06:16 PM
    he he, fede and some other developers are smoking HTC and other "popular UI's." I was using sense the other day, and it was disappointing compared to LPP. WM7 is far better than ALL of their previous attempts, but it is still tiles, still windows. Apple is also a leading mobile OS platform, yes. I know, "polished" is such old cliche terminology, but do you mean "smooth?" Last time I had a group shot of super hero's on my apple, "flash" just had a question mark, he he.

Don't take this vs that to serious 4112. It is all about preference. While some prefer this and that, some also prefer that and this.

Android has grown up faster that any other platform EVER. That is were I hub credit.
    12-27-10 06:29 PM
    iOS and WP7 might be closed down but they're a **** of a lot more polished than Android. Compare the HTC Surround to the Fascinate and the Surround is just so much smoother all around.

My wife an i went to mess with WinMo phones prior to us getting our Androids part 2.0. And they are no more less fluid than Android is. The only difference is i can make my android look like mine.
    12-27-10 08:02 PM
    I'm also curious as to what will happen to ATT once Verizon gets iPhones...
    12-27-10 08:12 PM

Icons and tiles don't make the two platforms more polished. Limiting a platform to make it smoother also doesn't make it more polished.

12-28-10 03:44 AM
    Icons and tiles don't make the two platforms more polished. Limiting a platform to make it smoother also doesn't make it more polished.
    Word

Just makes it limited and dumbed down for mass consumption. That's why I use a rooted EVO and a iPad(wifi provided by Evo) for the best of both worlds.
    12-28-10 03:22 PM
    Word

Just makes it limited and dumbed down for mass consumption. That's why I use a rooted EVO and a iPad(wifi provided by Evo) for the best of both worlds.
    MyTouchHD (rooted w/ HSPA+ Speeds) + iPod Touch + 7" Android Tab =
    12-28-10 03:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD