Do you guys think Google is working on a full fledged OS to compete with Mac and Windows?

That seems to be the one thing they have yet to get their mits on...
    06-01-10 10:01 AM
    I believe they already are. I've read a few articles in the past that they wanted to at least have a netbook set up with their google chrome os. It would be named I thought the same as their web browser. Could definitely be wrong though.
    06-01-10 10:28 AM
    06-01-10 10:40 AM
    As of now the OS is not "full fledged" but meant more as a dedicated web surfing and app machine. There isn't even a desktop or folders, only a web browser.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-10 01:05 PM
    Yea Chrome is not like OS X, Windows, Linux. It is web-based.
    06-01-10 02:07 PM
    I'm sure they'll have a full-fledged desktop operating system within 3 years.
    06-01-10 02:23 PM
    Actually, Google is focused on cloud computing. They are working on an OS that will reside on Google servers and Netbooks/Notebooks/Desktops will have a 'portal' link to the OS from their respective desktops. This will mean much fatser boot times as you will not have to load an full blown OS on your system, only basic interface and portal software.

Google's main drive is on cloud computing for much of the foreseeable future. Microsoft is turning its own gears on CC (cloud computing) with much of its own Office products incorporating technology to support/integrate with it.

The main issue right now with CC is security and stability; of which there is too much to list here.
    Last edited by 3CISSBB; 06-01-10 at 05:38 PM.
    06-01-10 05:36 PM
    Actually, Google is focused on cloud computing. They are working on an OS that will reside on Google servers and Netbooks/Notebooks/Desktops will have a 'portal' link to the OS from their respective desktops. This will mean much fatser boot times as you will not have to load an full blown OS on your system, only basic interface and portal software.

Google's main drive is on cloud computing for much of the foreseeable future. Microsoft is turning its own gears on CC (cloud computing) with much of its own Office products incorporating technology to support/integrate with it.

The main issue right now with CC is security and stability; of which there is too much to list here.
    I think the main issue is not being able to access your own OS if you don't have an Internet connection lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-10 11:27 PM
    Google = SkyNet!!

Soon we will be hearing about a naked Austrian guy killing people in LA.
    06-02-10 02:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD