http://www.t3.com/news/google-nexus-tablet-delayed-until-july-to-lower-price

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by BackDaws; 05-24-12 at 09:30 AM.
    05-24-12 09:26 AM
    Because Google is launching a tablet to complete with a less featured Fire tablet?

Only about a billion or so customers in the world, better give up now. Right?
    05-24-12 09:30 AM
    Citing sources from Digitimes? Are they ever right?

I'm not saying google isn't going to launch a tablet, it seems like an inevitability. But when it's launced I question, especially if the source of when is Digitimes.
    05-24-12 09:30 AM
    So you feel RIM are going to make it at the pace they are going now ?

Ffs for one day will you people take off the rim blinkers.

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Tapatalk 2
    05-24-12 09:35 AM
    Sweep it under the carpet then.

05-24-12 09:46 AM
    No, he feels that potential PB buyers will buy these android tablets instead.

-Google's tablet
    -Nvidia's NVIDIA Kai: $199 Android tablets coming soon
    -Apple mini?

The competition is getting fierce. By the time BB10 comes out, it might be too late for the PB. The competition will make money at $199, while RIM is losing money.
    05-24-12 09:49 AM
    No, he feels that potential PB buyers will buy these android tablets instead.

-Google's tablet
    -Nvidia's NVIDIA Kai: $199 Android tablets coming soon
    -Apple mini?

The competition is getting fierce. By the time BB10 comes out, it might be too late for the PB. The competition will make money at $199, while RIM is losing money.
    Actually not the case about the competition making money at $199l... Amazon which makes a stripped down Playbook and admitts they loose money on every sale.... Yes price points are low... the not many companies view tablets the way RIM does as a comapnion to your phone.... Always remember.... you get what you pay for.....
    05-24-12 10:05 AM
    Actually not the case about the competition making money at $199l... Amazon which makes a stripped down Playbook and admitts they loose money on every sale.... Yes price points are low... the not many companies view tablets the way RIM does as a comapnion to your phone.... Always remember.... you get what you pay for.....
    Amazon losses money on it, but they get their money from Amazon Prime stuff (movies, books, music, etc). Maybe Google is trying for this with this tablet now that Google is also getting into selling movies, music, and other media.

Right now I do not think it is too feasible for RIM to start or buy out a digital media store front, but it would be a smart thing to do in the future. They do have partnerships, but in the future it would be great to see them have an in house storefront (like iTunes, Google Play, Amazon Prime). One of the smartest thing Apple did was release iTunes for both Mac and the PC, and because of the success they can branch their other products off of it. If RIM did that AND allow the media to be played off of any device, it would be huge (imo). I also think that media will be more free soon (Walmart started to rip DVDs for $2), so if RIM can be the first it would give them an edge.
    05-24-12 10:58 AM
    So you feel RIM are going to make it at the pace they are going now ?

Ffs for one day will you people take off the rim blinkers.

At the pace they are going now, I do think they will make it... just not fast. RIM is starting to do the right things right now and is moving forward. I am hoping, though, that when BB10 comes out that it will give RIM a huge shot in the arm, causing them to be able to pick up their pace.

If you look at the big three, Apple has the slowest pace because right now they are first. Google has the fastest pace and focusing on Apple but they have huge resources. RIM is the slowest, but it is steady and focus. They have enough resources to put a dent, but they have to use it right. They have the product, it is the marketing and extras that will put them ahead.

If RIM keeps up this pace until BB10 comes out, then picks up the pace and uses their resources correctly, well they may not be 1 or even 2 but they will have enough of the market share to be comfortable until Apple drops to 2nd and 3rd place (minor refreshes with premium price tags and considerable competition means *Apple* can't keep their slow pace for too much longer).

Edit: The pace is fine now, but RIM *NEEDS* to pump money into ADVERTISEMENTS and PRODUCT PLACEMENTS!
    05-24-12 11:17 AM
    Assuming these companies (Amazon, Google and RIM) lose money on every unit, and discounting the ones the have full-fledged media content stores, which company can LEAST afford to sell units at a loss over the long run?
    05-24-12 01:25 PM
    Assuming these companies (Amazon, Google and RIM) lose money on every unit, and discounting the ones the have full-fledged media content stores, which company can LEAST afford to sell units at a loss over the long run?
    I think the answer is obvious. RIM does not have the financial prowess Amazon/Google have.
    05-24-12 05:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD