does anyone else have terrible signal strength? I know it's not my unit cause two of my employees are using the same phone and theirs are always low on signal bars too. the phones work pretty well but I notice that the signal often dips to non existent.
    04-05-12 09:01 PM
    Have you tried upgrading to the 4.0.4 radios?
    04-05-12 09:52 PM
    Yes I tried, but the phone wouldn't take it yet. There's a way to "force it to take it" manually that I read about but on second thought I'm glad it didn't take the update. Look up " GSM Google Nexus signal strength problem" People that went to 4.0.4 are really complaining about reception. Go to settings, then go to battery, that will list all the functions and what percentage of the consumption they were responsible for. If you hit the one that says cell standby it gives you the details including the percentage of the time that the unit was without a cell signal-- the results are SHOCKING.
    04-06-12 06:37 AM
    Oops sorry, I'm on an LTE Nexus. So I guess it's apples and oranges, anyway.
    Last edited by Spotmark; 04-06-12 at 08:35 AM.
    04-06-12 07:35 AM
    VZW Galaxy Nexus here and my signal strength is great. 4.0.4 just made my signal strength even better.
    04-06-12 09:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD