I'm in the market for a new phone, and am considering switching from my BlackBerry Bold 9000 to an Android device. The problem is that I'm torn between the Nexus One and the Galaxy S/AT&T Captivate.
    Can people who have either or both device give their opinions? Thanks!
    07-21-10 04:38 PM
    the nexus one maybe harder to get now that google has stop selling it from there site, the galaxy s is newer but nexus has 2.2 os w/ flash.. i just upgraded to the galaxy s and my bro is using a nexus one.. https://www.google.com/phone/support?hl=en&gl=US&s7e=
    Last edited by sfjon918; 07-21-10 at 04:52 PM.
    07-21-10 04:49 PM
    the nexus one maybe harder to get now that google has stop selling it from there site, the galaxy s is newer but nexus has 2.2 os w/ flash.. i just upgraded to the galaxy s since the nexus one for att cost $529.. https://www.google.com/phone/support?hl=en&gl=US&s7e=
    How satisfied are you with your Galaxy S?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-10 04:52 PM
    well this is my first day using it and it's great so far... the only real downside is there's not flash for the camera but it's not to big of a deal for me, the phone feel's good in my hand and i made 3 calls today with some sms,web surfing and the battery is still at 70% took it off the charger this morning at 6am it's 3pm here now, but i haven't dl any apps yet... i played with my bro nexus one and the 2.2 os is nice very smooth w/ flash it's great, but the phone cost $$$ lol
    07-21-10 04:59 PM
    The Nexus One is pretty much at the end of its life. Last shipments coming in and that's it. The Captivate is new but AT&T I think got the short end of the stick with the Galaxy S lineup because the Fascinate for Verizon I think looks way better.
    07-21-10 05:01 PM
    I like the Nexus One, however I would never purchase a device that still uses a trackball.

That's like purchasing a VHS player, when DVD is already well established.

It still makes phone calls and does everything well, but it's dated technology.
    07-21-10 05:02 PM
    well this is my first day using it and it's great so far... the only real downside is there's not flash for the camera but it's not to big of a deal for me, the phone feel's good in my hand and i made 3 calls today with some sms,web surfing and the battery is still at 70% took it off the charger this morning at 6am it's 3pm here now, but i haven't dl any apps yet... i played with my bro nexus one and the 2.2 os is nice very smooth w/ flash it's great, but the phone cost $$$ lol
    Did AT&T lock this device down and add a lot of their software?

How sturdy does the device feel in your hand?

07-21-10 05:42 PM
    Did AT&T lock this device down and add a lot of their software?

How sturdy does the device feel in your hand?

it feel's sturdy in my hands with and without the case, both the galaxy s and aria for att are locked to use the android marketplace but you can root your phone, so u can dl third party apps, u can check out androidforums.com.. there's some att software on this phone as well
    07-21-10 06:06 PM
    it feel's sturdy in my hands with and without the case, both the galaxy s and aria for att are locked to use the android marketplace but you can root your phone, so u can dl third party apps, u can check out androidforums.com.. there's some att software on this phone as well
    Thanks sfjon918! This weekend I'll stop by an AT&T store and check out the Galaxy S. Judging by the specs it appears to be a nice phone!

07-21-10 06:14 PM
    Is the Galaxy the phone that doesn't have a camera flash?
    07-21-10 06:37 PM
    Yes. AT&T is calling it the Samsung Captivate.
    07-21-10 06:48 PM
    Only the Sprint Epic and Verizon Fascinate variants have a camera flash.
    07-21-10 07:16 PM
    Flat out Galaxy S
    07-21-10 09:17 PM
    I have T-Mobile's Galaxy X phone, the Vibrant, and absolutely love it. I don't miss the camera flash because the night mode works even better than a standard LED flash. I don't even miss a physical keyboard like I thought I would. The android keyboard is amazingly intuitive. Some people really like the swype keyboard but I just couldn't get the hang of it.
    07-21-10 09:24 PM
    Flat out Galaxy S
    That's the feeling I'm getting from this thread.

07-21-10 09:25 PM
    Thanks sfjon918! This weekend I'll stop by an AT&T store and check out the Galaxy S. Judging by the specs it appears to be a nice phone!

no pro, yeah you should go in ant try it out... it's a nice phone
    07-21-10 09:52 PM
    Go with the Galaxy S. I don't condone getting old hardware. You can root the Galaxy S in the snap of your finger and rid yourself of whatever features or "craps" you don't like. The two things that I don't like about this device are TouchWiz (it's like a mash up of stock + Sense + iOS), nothing root can't fix, and the fact that it doesn't have a flash, which is specific to the AT&T version only.
    07-21-10 10:28 PM
    Why would AT&T not put a flash on the Captivate?

07-21-10 10:34 PM
    Why would AT&T not put a flash on the Captivate?

Perhaps to make it inferior to the iPhone, at least in that regard?
    07-22-10 12:07 AM
    Galaxy S.........Captivate. Made the switch from a Bold 9700 and am NEVER turning back. The phone is brilliant.
    07-22-10 06:31 AM
    Very true. I never thought about that.

07-22-10 07:32 AM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I like the Nexus One, however I would never purchase a device that still uses a trackball.

That's like purchasing a VHS player, when DVD is already well established.

It still makes phone calls and does everything well, but it's dated technology.
    Dated technology? Really? Also what is wrong with a trackball? It makes it much easier to pinpoint exactly where you want to go when making corrections on texts and emails.

I have had the N1 for 5 months now. On the 15th I bought the Galaxy.....and returned it yesterday. Go for the Nexus man, seriously. The build quality is in every way superior to the galaxy. Touchwiz isn't that bad but it still doesnt compare to stock android 2.2. Throw adw on top of that and you have pure bliss. The Nexus is one of the best smartphones ever made and in no way is it dated technology.
    07-22-10 09:45 AM
    That totally expains the lack of a flash on the T-Mobile version too
    07-22-10 09:55 AM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dated technology? Really? Also what is wrong with a trackball? It makes it much easier to pinpoint exactly where you want to go when making corrections on texts and emails.

I have had the N1 for 5 months now. On the 15th I bought the Galaxy.....and returned it yesterday. Go for the Nexus man, seriously. The build quality is in every way superior to the galaxy. Touchwiz isn't that bad but it still doesnt compare to stock android 2.2. Throw adw on top of that and you have pure bliss. The Nexus is one of the best smartphones ever made and in no way is it dated technology.
    Yea, it's called rooting. Takes care of that.
    07-22-10 09:56 AM
    Trackball smackball, don't really miss not having a hard directional add on to a phone.............
    N if u are a serious gamer........S all the way baby
    07-22-10 10:35 AM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD