Thats my opinion and im sticking to it...HTC just never disappoints, one of my first phones was the HTC Excalibur(T-Mobile dash) and then I went to the Razr2(big disappointment there) then the G1(awsome) the the blackberry 8900....(idunno 'bout that one) and now the Mytouch 3g so ya big HTC guy here...
    11-14-09 06:49 PM
    Ah, I personally thought the G1 was a great device but way to bulky and ugly looking for me. Also, the keyboard was terrible to type on (since it is flushed in).

-Luis
    11-14-09 06:58 PM
    HTC hero is my first Android device and personally I love it. No disappointments yet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-14-09 07:07 PM
    You're ruling out Motorola based on your experience with one phone (RAZR2)? I agree, the v9m wasn't the best, I returned mine after 2 weeks for something else, but I personally like Motorola products for their build quality and excellent reception and call quality.

The one thing that the v9m (RZR2) and the Droid have in common though is the all metal housing.
    11-14-09 07:10 PM
    HTC makes very nice phones but why don't they put a flash with their camera? I could never understand that I looked into the two new droids but I use the flash a lot. Blackberry just did the same thing with the new curve no flash but all the old curves have flash I just don't understand it. In my line of work I take pictures at night and use my storm it works great in the dark.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    The iPhone doesn't have a flash either.
    11-14-09 07:19 PM
    Motorola phones are built like friggin tanks
    11-14-09 07:39 PM
    Motorola phones are built like friggin tanks
    +1

HTC just doesn't do it for me....styling is of importance to me.
    11-14-09 07:49 PM
    What is honestly tearing at me is the Screen size of that Passion if and when it comes.............. But in the Passion thread they said the screen would be about the same size of the droid. As far as the build quality of the eris; it was ok the Styling so so.
    The droid has such a desireable sleakness about it. I guess u could say if a cell phone could be likened to a big cat the moto would be the one that could be
    11-14-09 07:57 PM
    I wil honestly say that the droid is one of the bet built phones that I have ever used. Even though I cannot stand the volume rocker.

HTC is a great company. And you definitely have one of the better phones offered by T Mobile.

Congratulations.
    11-14-09 08:01 PM
    Motorola device suck. That's no secret. The OS is sick, but it would be better on someone else's phone. Motorola had all that time and that's the best they could come out with. Give me a break.
    11-14-09 08:05 PM
    HTC Passion is going to leave the Droid in the dust. I'm not saying you have to believe me, but you have to believe me.
    11-15-09 12:51 AM
    I wil honestly say that the droid is one of the bet built phones that I have ever used. Even though I cannot stand the volume rocker.

HTC is a great company. And you definitely have one of the better phones offered by T Mobile.

Congratulations.
    Agreed -- it is very, very nicely put together. Very slick, very good fit and finish. It makes the S2 look amateurishly assembled. Not only better than anything else Motorola but better than most other manufacturers.

I do think it is prone to physical damage though -- little nicks and what-not on the metal, and also because the battery door is just a flat plate and not a wrap-around the phone is more prone than it should be to dust and moisture.

Actually I think almost all the Verizon smartphones are too fragile in this regard. Maybe something very simple like a BB Curve is OK.
    11-15-09 12:51 AM
    I am not a Motorola fan at all but the Droid made me break my promise of never buying a Motorola again. This phone is simply amazing!
    11-15-09 12:56 AM
    I prefer naked android over sense UI... all opinion based on my part, but HTC did a good job.
    11-15-09 01:00 AM
    well to be completly honest I thought motorolla had years to come up with an os of their own to knock out the competetion but in all reality it was the designs that sold motorola the razr is case and point with no real good os or apps on it it sold thousands now with their design and android os itll sell even more...but HTC took the gamble first and went with android and knocked it out of the park im just glad to see android gettin it done.......ea your heart out iphone!!
    11-17-09 03:41 AM
    well to be completly honest I thought motorolla had years to come up with an os of their own to knock out the competetion but in all reality it was the designs that sold motorola the razr is case and point with no real good os or apps on it it sold thousands now with their design and android os itll sell even more...but HTC took the gamble first and went with android and knocked it out of the park im just glad to see android gettin it done.......ea your heart out iphone!!
    At least on Verizon, Motorola wasn't at fault for the c@ppy OS, that was Verizon's doing.

Until the Droid.
    11-17-09 04:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD