so i sold my torch and got a android loving it buts adjusting kinda sucks. but in a few days ill get it, the display on this galaxy is just insane. only thing i miss is no trackpad
    mustangv8 likes this.
    03-23-11 10:28 AM
    You miss having a trackpad with a full screen touch device? Ok then...
    03-23-11 11:56 AM
    Congrats on the purchase... my phone has a trackpad and I barely (if ever) use it.. The full touchscreen is enough for me (even when i need to get to a specific part of a text box)
    03-23-11 11:58 AM
    so i sold my torch and got a android loving it buts adjusting kinda sucks. but in a few days ill get it, the display on this galaxy is just insane. only thing i miss is no trackpad
    Which Galaxy S did you get? I have the Fascinate and its awesome. The full touchscreen is pretty easy to use and text editing isn't too bad.
    03-23-11 12:53 PM
    You miss having a trackpad with a full screen touch device? Ok then...
    Not so strange. I use mine constantly when editing large amounts of text. As accurate and responsive as touchscreens are these days, editing/selecting text often needs a more accurate and refined method, and my fingers aren't so tiny that they can be as accurate as a stylus. So what to do? Touch close to the area you need the cursor, then use the optic pad to put it exactly where you want it. The alternative would be to touch the general area several times until you get a lucky hit.

And too, when filling out forms, I always use it to switch between input fields due to lack of a tab key.
    Last edited by rmjones101; 03-23-11 at 01:54 PM.
    03-23-11 01:50 PM
    I guess, but I've had no issues simply touching the screen to put the cursor where I want it on my Captivate and I have big fingers.
    03-23-11 03:05 PM
    I love the Incredible touch It is awesome. I have a young neighbor who has her first smartphone and it is a Blackberry I helped her get it on ebay so she wasn't ripped off. And I also taught her how to use it. It was weird typing on it because I am so used to the touch screen now.
    03-24-11 03:55 PM
    Welcome aboard. I recently made the switch and I'm satisfied with it. I got used to Android quickly though I'm still learning.
    mustangv8 likes this.
    03-24-11 05:37 PM
    Good for you. At least all of us aren't stuck on this old junk technology by which a company is unwilling to produce new products to meet the demands of the market in a timely manner.
    03-24-11 09:24 PM
    Welcome to Android!
    03-24-11 09:25 PM
    I too love having a trackpad (which I do with the Desire Z). I love having the trackpad to wake function as well as being able to fine tune cursor placement with copy/paste (although from what i've seen..this gets better with Gingerbread). My only gripe with the trackpad is the cursor movement is slow and not as responsive as those on a BB. If they had settings to adjust the cursor movement..or to be able to scroll web pages with the trackpad or move the cursor around the webpage (much like on the Torch)..then this thing would be perfect.

To the OP..Welcome aboard!
    03-25-11 08:05 AM
    I can't WAIT to join the Android ranks! Dang--c'mon Bionic!!!
    03-25-11 09:19 AM
    Welcome!

If you have Android 2.2, you should download the Gingerbread keyboard. It's free and you can find it in the Market. It makes editing text MUCH easier.
    03-25-11 06:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD