Well i'm thinking bout switching from the bb 8330 to the Evo 4G but i dont know what steps to take so i can have a smooth and easy transition.
    Like my apps, memopad, calender, contacts, contact pics, password keeper, and i guess like just everything on my device

and i wanted to know if the Evo also links the contacts that u have on ur phone with their facebook profiles so that their faceboook picture just attachtes as the display picture on my phone like how the blackberry does
    06-13-10 07:52 PM
    If you use gmail you can sync your contacts and calendars very easily. If not set up a google account, install google sync to your curve, and when you get the EVO they will just transfer right onto the phone. Facebook for android works like blackberry and will sync your current contacts with pictures or you can sync all FB contacts.
    06-13-10 08:51 PM
    i just got the evo. where can i dl google sync? how simple is it to transfer all contacts and their info to the evo or other andriod phone?
    06-13-10 09:14 PM
    On your BB go to m.google.com/sync, download it, and sync up your contacts and calendar. I'm assuming you already have gmail accounts, so then on the EVO just log into gmail and follow the onscreen instructions. After that everything should be constantly synced.
    06-13-10 10:28 PM
    Google sync makes it very easy for contacts and calendar. I went from the tour to the evo yesterday. I am loving it so far!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-13-10 10:39 PM
    google sync does not work on my phone
    06-14-10 12:01 AM
    Well i'm thinking bout switching from the bb 8330 to the Evo 4G but i dont know what steps to take so i can have a smooth and easy transition.
    Like my apps, memopad, calender, contacts, contact pics, password keeper, and i guess like just everything on my device

and i wanted to know if the Evo also links the contacts that u have on ur phone with their facebook profiles so that their faceboook picture just attachtes as the display picture on my phone like how the blackberry does
    What apps do you use on your Blackberry? Then we can suggest some good Android platform apps.

Yes, the facebook app with sync the current facebook profile pic if you choose to sync them. It also will show phone numbers .... and you can do all the contacts if you want .... pretty cool. For notifications the app is not very good though.
    06-14-10 01:26 PM
    What do you mean "does not work" exactly. It should work just fine.
    06-14-10 02:57 PM
    You will be amazed with Android OS.
    06-14-10 03:12 PM
    I can just tell you that you will not be disappointed unless you absolutely need hard keys, which for a person with larger than average hands makes no difference with the virtual keyboard. There is no comparing the bb to the evo, two totally differnet animals, like comparing your local hs football team to the Saints (evo being the saints). The android market blows away the bb app market and if you don't need 10 email accounts, it will work for you. The one thing I have noticed is that my email, I have 3 accounts gets pushed a little slower than with my 8330m. Plus I believe the 8330's didn't have wifi, this alone is a big step up, especially if you are using wifi with cable connections.
    06-14-10 05:58 PM
    What apps do you use on your Blackberry? Then we can suggest some good Android platform apps.

Yes, the facebook app with sync the current facebook profile pic if you choose to sync them. It also will show phone numbers .... and you can do all the contacts if you want .... pretty cool. For notifications the app is not very good though.
    Well i use im apps (like yahoo,aim,windows live), also pandora, twitter, myspace, a youtube player, bolt browser, weathereye, navita translator, dictionary.co,

and wat do u mean by the notfications for the app is not very good. y?
    06-16-10 11:25 PM
    What do you mean "does not work" exactly. It should work just fine.
    nope i doesnt upload my information at all
    06-16-10 11:27 PM
    i just tried to use it the other day. I had to check off my calendar and reminders I think cuz it kept failing. Once I did contacts only, it went in seconds.
    06-17-10 09:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD