It isn't, these people are stuck in 2005. BB OS is so far behind Android, iPhone, and even WebOS it isn't even funny. They need to do what MS did and do a complete rewrite instead of band-aiding on top of old architecture.
    The BB OS might be archaic but it still works well for a lot of people.

Android and iPhone are great but they still have their flaws. Just look at the crappy battery life people are getting on their Incredibles, even with extended batteries. What good is a phone if it doesn't a whole day? I can see why people stick with BBs. Not saying I will consider a BB because Android is where it's at for me.
    05-13-10 03:36 PM
    The BB OS might be archaic but it still works well for a lot of people.

Android and iPhone are great but they still have their flaws. Just look at the crappy battery life people are getting on their Incredibles, even with extended batteries. What good is a phone if it doesn't a whole day? I can see why people stick with BBs. Not saying I will consider a BB because Android is where it's at for me.
    I have an Android device as well and I honestly don't see that BB is that archaic. The browser is certainly long overdue for a makeover but aside from that, about all it might need is a little face lift. There is a lot to like about BB. It can't do everything that a Android phone does but what it does do, it does relatively well (aside from browsing experience). As far as I'm concerned, I still like the BB's and the only reason I switched (well mostly) was because I HATED the way it made my e-mails look. I do get quite a bit more entertainment out of my Android but that did not used to be all that important to me and I'm sure it still isn't for a lot of people. RIM doesn't have to try and make themselves look like Android, iPhone or WebOS. They just need to improve on what they already have. I know they recently bought a company that will revamp their browser and if they can couple that with sprucing up the interface, they can get right back in this. I know a lot of people say how great BB is for e-mail but one often overlooked feature is it's ability to totally customize notifications. My Android still doesn't do that to the extent BB can and even if it could, the LEDs on these devices are so small as to be pretty worthless. Don't get me wrong; I love my CLIQ XT but I have yet to see something that even comes close to the BB's notification LED and the detail to which you can customize that.
    05-13-10 06:03 PM
    this thread didnt made any points, you just made it worse.
    05-13-10 06:43 PM
    I'm planning on getting the EVO when it comes out. I love my Blackberry Tour. I love my BB but I don't like how it bogs down when I'm using a few apps. I also found myself using my phone less and less. I'll most likely end up selling my Blackberry Tour when the EVO comes out.
    05-16-10 09:24 AM
    I'm new to the forums and wanted to give my 2c. I am an old Palm user (the very first one before they came out on phones), had the Treo and various forms of it for years and most recently an Iphone. The palm device was my favorite of all. I know it's old technology and doesn't have the glitz and glamour of the new devices but it WORKED. I want my phone to first and foremost, be very easy to use as a phone, that is a concept with today's technology, integrate with my contacts manager at work, capture my emails and text easily.

Enter the Iphone. Of all the phones I've used, this is by far the most intuitive out of the box. I'm not exaggerating when I tell you I had it figured out by the time I got in my car from the AT&T store. However, after using it for 18 months, I could never get used to that f***** virtual keyboard and the dropped calls were just too much for me. I cancelled the contract and am now with Sprint.

So my first try with Sprint? The Hero with the android platform (because it has a slideout keyboard). I used it for over a week, and hated it. The google integration is nice but the contacts sorting by first name only is ********. I scoured the threads for a fix for that and discovered people have been complaining about that for over a year. What does Google do to fix something so fundamental? Nothing. Additionally, I hate the gmail interface online. Again, something as fundamental as having a preview screen should be available but google does nothing about that. The slideout keyboard was a pain, can't do a quick text with one hand and as bad as Iphone was for texting, the virtual keyboard that came with the hero was horrible. High battery consumption and just too much crammed into this tiny device, well....

So now I'm with the Tour. Amazingly, I've never touched a BB device all these years. I'm very impressed with what it does for me. Personally, I've never found the browsing experience on ANY of these phones to be very pleasant, including the Iphone which frankly blows everyone away. So I'm not that concerned with that. I want a phone that works well as a phone, email and contacts manager and so far, BB does what I want. Will I go back to the android? Probably because frankly, I believe google and android are going to take over the market. I've had the Tour for over a week now and have it customized for my needs. So far so good. If I get tired of it, I'll look elsewhere.
    05-16-10 10:25 AM
    i will go back once they come out with a better BB touch screen thats faster and up to date on apps. i love BB but just wanted more for now.
    05-16-10 12:23 PM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD