Motorola Droid Shadow Found In Gym

The story goes that this phone was left in a corporate Verizon gym in Washington, but before it was remotely locked the finder saw a text message confirming it was "unreleased". What is it? Why, the Motorola Droid Shadow.

Based on previous information about the handset, we already know it'll be Motorola's second Droid, and will be exclusive to Verizon. It'll have an 8MP camera (capable of shooting 720p video), a 4.3-inch screen, and will no doubt be running Android Froyo when it's released June/July.

The gym employee who found the device (as the story goes) managed to confirm a few details with the chap who picked it up�specifically, that it has 16GB of internal storage, runs on a Snapdragon processor, has a HDMI port, and yes, the 8MP camera and 4.3-inch screen all checked out too.

UPDATE: Instead of 4.3″, the WVGA display is 4.1″ diagonal. And that 16GB of internal memory? Apparently it�s actually a combination of 8GB internal and 8GB removable memory card. Regardless of the confusion over the aforementioned specs, I�d be pretty shocked if the 8 megapixel camera and 720MHz TI OMAP3630 processor didn�t pan out.
    Last edited by YaBoiD; 05-26-10 at 09:07 AM.
    05-25-10 09:20 AM
    either that phone is huge or that person has the hands of a dwarf. i suppose this is verizon's version of the EVO (minus 4g).

i wonder if those leaving verizon for the EVO would reconsider now that they have the shadow?
    05-25-10 09:31 AM
    the phone is huge, way to big, same with the EVO really. I like the incredible and storm sizes, they are perfect IMO for a PHONE
    05-25-10 09:41 AM
    Bring it on baby............
    Bring it on........
    05-25-10 10:33 AM
    Man the screen on that thing is going to be awesome. I'm more of a nexus one feel slash iPhone myself but I bet that's going to have a nice display.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-10 10:41 AM
    If the display is 4.3, and it is chewing up most of the real estate on the phone, then I am betting it looks big because of the way the dude is holding it. I may be wrong, as I am not a scientist, though I am 99.99 percent sure I am right. The phone looks phenomenal, and I think would compete nicely with the evo. I wonder if there is a hardware keyboard or not?
    05-25-10 10:53 AM
    If the display is 4.3, and it is chewing up most of the real estate on the phone, then I am betting it looks big because of the way the dude is holding it. I may be wrong, as I am not a scientist, though I am 99.99 percent sure I am right. The phone looks phenomenal, and I think would compete nicely with the evo. I wonder if there is a hardware keyboard or not?
    If memory serves me right, the Shadow no keyboard. The Droid2 should
    have the keyboard. I got my Moto Droid on my buddy upgrade, 1yr contract.
    My primary line is due for an upgrade in June/July. So I technically have
    two upgrades to burn........
    I may go for this. Before I make the choice to leave VZ I want to see
    how the network upgrades to 4g will pan out. At&t is definitely an option
    05-25-10 11:21 AM
    If memory serves me right, the Shadow no keyboard. The Droid2 should
    have the keyboard. I got my Moto Droid on my buddy upgrade, 1yr contract.
    My primary line is due for an upgrade in June/July. So I technically have
    two upgrades to burn........
    Thanks for clearing that up for me. For some reason I thought they were the same, he he. Have fun with those upgrades!
    05-25-10 11:23 AM
    phone looks cool cant wait
    05-25-10 11:30 AM
    I thought the Shadow has a 4.1" screen, not a 4.3"? Also, the buzz at HoFo is that the SOC is the next gen OMAP processor in a 45nm process, not the 65nm process Snapdragon. Doesn't make a difference to me either way. This will most likely be my next phone.
    05-25-10 12:02 PM
    Did a little research, and unless 4.3 is a typo from the source, every website showing the shadow is saying 4.3. Dunno
    05-25-10 12:29 PM
    From HoFo:

The Shadow doesn't have a heavy feel for it's size, not as heavy as Droid. It has a 4.1" screen, OMAP 3630, 8 GB Internal, 8 GB MMC, 8MP camera and HDMI out.

"Taken secretly at a gym a few days ago."
    05-25-10 10:33 PM
    gotta love rumored devices...I have found a few sources backing up 4.1. Well, we can ball park the display between 4.1 and 4.3 lol!
    Last edited by johnly; 05-25-10 at 10:50 PM.
    05-25-10 10:39 PM
    Verizon is suppose to have 4G in 25 major markets by the end of the year, and complete coverage by 2012 i believe. First 4G phones will come out first quarter of 2011.

ATT is another story though, they are sticking with HSPA+ for the time being which is 3.5G as a go between 3G and 4G. They are going to be a bit behind 4G compared to Verizon...
    05-25-10 10:48 PM
    8 GB internal memory would be great.
    05-25-10 10:51 PM
    the phone is huge, way to big, same with the EVO really. I like the incredible and storm sizes, they are perfect IMO for a PHONE
    I agree. That phone is a brick. I might as well carry around my laptop.
    I also would prefer the trackpad on the Incredible for moving around Excel documents which I use on a daily basis.
    05-25-10 11:02 PM
    Oh man the Shadow looks great! Any idea if it is target for June for Verizon or more the July timeframe. Besides the size difference, how does this stack up against the Incredible?
    05-26-10 06:34 AM
    Oh man the Shadow looks great! Any idea if it is target for June for Verizon or more the July timeframe. Besides the size difference, how does this stack up against the Incredible?
    Insiders at HoFo have said the release has been pushed back to end of August due to a hardware change. They didn't specify what was being changed.
    05-26-10 12:09 PM
    Looks nice, even better than the Incredible but all I want right now is 2.2 for my Droid and then I'll be good.
    05-26-10 01:29 PM
    I think they are about the same size, though the shadow will be thinner than the HTC, for sure. The screen ratio on the shadow is better than the incredible (just look at how close that 4.1 comes to the border) There is a buzz that the shadow will be the thinnest android device on the market when it launches (go figure, Motorazr, thinnest clam shell, droid, thinnest slider, and now a tablet design, Motorola staying true to their stick) Yes, It will be a very hot device! The shadow is meant to compete with the iPhone 4g, and the EVO, so it will be interesting to see how bad*** it is!
    05-26-10 01:31 PM
    Looks nice, even better than the Incredible but all I want right now is 2.2 for my Droid and then I'll be good.
    Me too!!
    05-26-10 01:32 PM
    This is like the new PR move. "Let's leave our new phone somewhere for it to be found and reported on"

They can't invest a few bucks in something like Phone Halo?
    05-26-10 01:57 PM
    What's with leaving demos behind at bars and gyms?
    05-26-10 02:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD