Would love to hear some feed back on this. Thanks.
    http://gizmodo.com/5396168/motorola-droid-review

While definitely stable enough to use as an everyday phone, we did run into a few bugs: GPS accuracy was wildly off-target on more than one occasion, pinpointing our location hundreds of miles away, and the only way to fix it was to reboot the phone (I assume that's a software issue, not a hardware one). We also had one complete crash after finishing a phone call that required a reboot. And more apps stopped responding more often than we were used to on previous versions of Android, requiring a force close.
    11-03-09 02:10 PM
    BGR's review also mentioned having to do forced closes on apps that were misbehaving.

Most of the problems can hopefully be addressed in software updates, as pointed out by Boy Genius. In addition, both reviews said the keyboard isn't that bad.

I love the pics of the Droid in the Gizmodo review. It was refreshing seeing pictures of the Droid displaying something other than the boring black granite-like wallpaper.

I'm still on the fence if I should get the Droid, or wait till the Passion comes out and compare the two.
    11-03-09 02:24 PM
    So from all of the reviews that are out now we can conclude that

A. The camera sucks, but the video recording is great

B. The keyboard either is a pos, not that bad, or pretty good...lol

C. IT DOESN'T HAVE PINCH ZOOMING!

But most reviews are very positive, so i'll definatly be getting one. Will I keep it past 30 days? won't know till I try it out.
    11-03-09 02:28 PM
    That was a good review. His points have been a known fact for while now but its nice to get another review before the launch. Ill be waiting for a different droid OS phone, most likely the htc dragon/passion. Anyone else notice his dislike for blackberry!? =) "A smart phone you actually want on vzw". Lol that's great!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-09 02:40 PM
    So from all of the reviews that are out now we can conclude that

A. The camera sucks, but the video recording is great

B. The keyboard either is a pos, not that bad, or pretty good...lol

C. IT DOESN'T HAVE PINCH ZOOMING!

But most reviews are very positive, so i'll definatly be getting one. Will I keep it past 30 days? won't know till I try it out.
    The thing I noticed with the issues concerning the moto droid is that its mainly OS faults that need a quick update. Remember the storm review!? Lol The moto droid owners will have everything updated on android to make that Motorola a beast. Just pay attention for the OS upgrades on various forums. Those g1 guys have updated a lot from what they all started with.

11-03-09 03:00 PM
    The thing I noticed with the issues concerning the moto droid is that its mainly OS faults that need a quick update. Remember the storm review!? Lol The moto droid owners will have everything updated on android to make that Motorola a beast. Just pay attention for the OS upgrades on various forums. Those g1 guys have updated a lot from what they all started with.

Yeah, other than the keyboard, which I think I can adjust to, I also think the rest is software related and can be addressed in future OS upgrades. And I don't think it will take Google a year to get it right, unlike some other smartphone company.
    11-03-09 03:02 PM

I am sure it is a software thing as well.
    I gotta give it a try; like the way this
    thing looks. As far as the camera
    raking lousy pics. I think that may be an
    operator issue
    11-03-09 03:03 PM
    I am sure it is a software thing as well.
    I gotta give it a try; like the way this
    thing looks. As far as the camera
    raking lousy pics. I think that may be an
    operator issue
    The camera will be updated in the first month where it would take RIM 7 months to even tolerate the speed!

11-03-09 03:07 PM
    I'd really like to know if this is the case. Phone cameras weren't important to me until storm 1 (launch OS!) and IF THIS can't be repaired it is a HUUUUUGE disappointment.

11-03-09 03:09 PM
    I'd really like to know if this is the case. Phone cameras weren't important to me until storm 1 (launch OS!) and IF THIS can't be repaired it is a HUUUUUGE disappointment.

The speed is android 2.0 related. Just watch the speed improvements that will be in the soon future droid phomes.

11-03-09 03:15 PM
    even with these minor issues, i'm still in love with this phone...having played with it every day since 10/28, there isn't a doubt in my mind i will dislike it.

i never ran into these issues that reviewers are getting, maybe they have pre-release software...

anyways, i've hated my tour since i had to replace 6 of them...i'm ready for something better than a blackberry
    11-03-09 03:28 PM

I have to think it's a software thing if the video camera is taking such nice videos there should be a way to get the camera to work good as well.

It might be with 3rd party camera apps, there are already several on the android market
    11-03-09 03:30 PM
    Hardware wise, the droid is immaculate. Any issues I've read so far out of all the reviews are all software related...

Android 2.1 is already spotted out in the wild and is due to release at the end of this year, which I'm assuming will fix a couple of quirks.

Hoping that the camera app gets fixed up or if theres a 3rd party camera app, I'll shoot for that. Been taking photos a lot since I've been on a BB!
    11-03-09 03:34 PM
    even with these minor issues, i'm still in love with this phone...having played with it every day since 10/28, there isn't a doubt in my mind i will dislike it.

i never ran into these issues that reviewers are getting, maybe they have pre-release software...

anyways, i've hated my tour since i had to replace 6 of them...i'm ready for something better than a blackberry
    As far as pics the camera would be just for quick casual stuff.
    Your response is encouraging. Having read what this phone does
    and studying the CPU/GPU overall build quality I am very drawn to this
    phone.
    If I wanna do some serious shootin; I whip out the Nikon D90
    11-03-09 03:35 PM
    this phone looks great and am ready to make the switch....just dont know if i should wait it out for another android (passion). Also, do you think the other android phones will all have the google maps gps stuff? Is that fone manufacturer specific or android version specific (like all 2.0 phones that have GPS will have it.)
    11-03-09 03:53 PM
    this phone looks great and am ready to make the switch....just dont know if i should wait it out for another android (passion). Also, do you think the other android phones will all have the google maps gps stuff? Is that fone manufacturer specific or android version specific (like all 2.0 phones that have GPS will have it.)
    I can't hold out for the Passion, at least I don't think.
    But the Nav I do believe is standard on 2.0
    also I read that there will be a 2.1 update very soon.
    Promising
    11-03-09 03:57 PM
    As far as pics the camera would be just for quick casual stuff.
    Your response is encouraging. Having read what this phone does
    and studying the CPU/GPU overall build quality I am very drawn to this
    phone.
    If I wanna do some serious shootin; I whip out the Nikon D90
    Not D90 rich, but lugging around the D60 sounds more convenient than 8 seconds between pics.

Still though, I do believe it makes sense that, like the storm 1, it will take time for the software to catch up to the hardware. After all, this is Android 2.0 out almost half a year before Android 2.0 is suppose to launch, and for MotoDroid, I'm sure the developers spent most of the time on essential smartphone functionality and features to "iDon't" about.
    11-03-09 03:58 PM
    haha, one of his major complaints was not having dedicated send/end buttons... yet the iphone which he holds as the "gold standard" doesn't have these either. that kinda struck me as weird/biased when he was complaining about the 4AM call or whatever.

overall a decent review from an iphone fanboy... which can be interpreted as an excellent review from anyone unbiased.
    11-03-09 04:00 PM
    Not D90 rich, but lugging around the D60 sounds more convenient than 8 seconds between pics.

Still though, I do believe it makes sense that, like the storm 1, it will take time for the software to catch up to the hardware. After all, this is Android 2.0 out almost half a year before Android 2.0 is suppose to launch, and for MotoDroid, I'm sure the developers spent most of the time on essential smartphone functionality and features to "iDon't" about.
    BTW got lucky on the D90, a co-worker took payments
    11-03-09 04:00 PM
    I like that there isn't dedicated call/end buttons. If I want to make a call, I'll go into that app.

Also, the updates will come down the pipe fast. This is Google's baby; they don't want to be known as leaving crap-tastic software out in the wild for long. They even have a dedicated e-mail address where to send bugs. Anyone got one for RIM? Even if you do, anyone got one that gets them off their a$$ to get it fixed?

That's okay, I'll wait around for a little while.
    11-03-09 06:17 PM
    I'm usually a little leery about first-gen products... but so far the reviews that have been coming in sound exceptionally positive, with a few faults thrown in.
    Camera doesn't bother me much - I'd use my SLR or a compact for the important stuff. The Android 2.1 might address this and other faults.

Keypad - Meh. That's going to be the clincher for me, I think. Not expecting "OMG its ah-mazing!" but it shouldn't mad suck either.
    Guess it's one of those things that the owner either likes or doesn't. Need hands-on time.

Considering how many good bits have been said about this phone right out of the door, I'm lead to believe the Droid will be more win than fail. I'm sure as well that Google will aggressively keep refining the software on this and other Droid devices... they haven't slowed down yet, and they know that all the best hardware in the world isn't going to help you in the sales department if your OS, UI or Apps is problematic.

The Droid could very well do for the market, what the iPhone did 2 and 1/2 years ago.
    Which is awesome for consumers.
    11-03-09 08:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD