WOW..so he said you can just goto the store and it should be ready to go?

I emailed verizon last night to no avail, they have yet to respond to my request.

Short while ago I called 611 again and gave them the sob story about my storm being cruddy and always having problems. The guy got a supervisor on the line, and he then went to talk to his supervisor (he mentioned how awesome the droid was in between). He comes back and says that I will get a call from him tomorrow and he will order the phone for me to arrive sometime next week. Now as much as that is 100 times better than waiting till Dec 1st, I wish I could still get the phone tomorrow and experience it sooner. Hopefully he doesnt bail on me and not call tomorrow. Then i'll really be p))sed...
    Just to make sure I called our VZW store here in High Point NC and ask them to look up my wifes upgrade date and the lady said Nov 6. So thats almost 5 months early. I couldnt believe it. All it is is talking to the right person. I have talked to alot of farts that won't do nothing. Hope it works out for all of you guys. I know what its like wanting a new phone not being able to get it. I just got my Tour on July 12 my upgrade is gone. I will use my wifes and put the droid on my line.
    11-05-09 05:25 PM
    I just got my wife a tour, and convinced her to get the Droid. But there is no way she was going to let me have the droid and use my storm until I got another one...You are a lucky man gwtiff
    11-05-09 05:28 PM
    I just got my wife a tour, and convinced her to get the Droid. But there is no way she was going to let me have the droid and use my storm until I got another one...You are a lucky man gwtiff
    lol Thanks. My wife don't care about phones. She is the type that if it rings and she can text thats all that matters. If it it were up to here she would still be using a motorola star tac.
    11-05-09 06:40 PM
    they moved my upgrade from December 2nd to whenever I want it. I told them my storm screen sticks, the camera doesn't work and I'm unhappy. Rather than pay $50 for a few weeks, I wanted to use that towards a new phone I might like. No issues, no fuss she just did it. She said she noted it and I had to do it over the phone. I asked about best buy, she said she wasn't sure if best buy could do it. I called best buy and explained and they reassured me it would be fine. I called Verizon a few days later to verify, she verified it was in the notes that I had an upgrade available and Best buy should have no issues. If they did, they could just call Verizon outright. I'm still scared though, I'm hoping everything goes smoothly. I don't wanna mess with bull rebates.
    11-05-09 11:46 PM
    Question:

I have 4 lines on my plan and my mothers line is eligible for upgrade with the discount. Could I use that account to purchase the Droid then instead activate it on my line and get the insurance added?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yes, you can. You can do an alternate upgrade.
    11-06-09 12:51 AM
    if you are a good customer pay on time, maybe part of VIP, and you know what to say they will do anything for you. My sister wasnt up for 5 months and she went to a store her phone wasnt messed up but she needed a new one and she got a blackberry she just said if i cant get a new phone i am switching to at&t and boom okay hold on ill get you one lol. i got an early upgrade yesterday from december 2nd to november 5th i called until i found a nice lady and you can tell when someone is going to be a waste of time and tell you stuff you already know or when they are ganna upgrade you .
    11-06-09 05:33 AM
    I was 'approved' to order via customer service. I call today to order, the guy says its not possible after reading the note on my account, and even though a lady tried to do it for me last night but said the phone was not up and to try back tomorrow....I ask for a supervisor, and she just basically refuses to help me, and now starts telling me the note says I CANNOT UPGRADE!! WOW. I dunno whats going on with their customer service...She says she is sending a note to the lady who put the note on my account to call me. Probably get that call in 2 months...
    11-06-09 07:54 AM
    I sent a note again on their website. Basically stating that I was debating paying the term fee to leave for getting the runaround. Call within 30 mins....
    Hi I am calling to process your upgrade..

they quoted me a price of like 399, I was like hmm, I dont think thats right, they said only 1 year price, so I had to explain that when i got the storm I had only had my prior phone for a year and got 2 year pricing on that...

shes like let me try again, I end up getting it for 149 after mail in rebate...
    I was expecting 199.

The lady was supernice and I was very appreciative. I am glad I am getting off of the storm finally.

Glad it got figured out, but really surprised in the inconsistency in their service.
    11-06-09 10:10 AM
    I just got off the phone with VZW customer service and am totally bummed now. My NE2 date is Nov. 11 and I asked if they could move it up to the 6th (5 freakin' days). I was told that I can upgrade on the 6th at the 2 year price, plus a $20 early upgrade fee; OR I can wait until the 11th and get the 2 year price less a $100 NE2 credit. WTF Verizon? It's 5 days.
    Haha you almost have the same screen name as me. But im the original BB_gun

Last edited by BB-GUN; 11-06-09 at 04:37 PM.
    11-06-09 10:34 AM
    Wow...that was unexpected

I went to my local VZW corporate store to play with the Droid and Eris with the idea of possibly buying the phone at full price (I NE2'd for a storm back in February). VZW customer service had already emailed me saying that they would give me $100 credit to my account if I went in and bought it at full price so $459 was better than $549.

I spoke to the sales rep at the store and told him that "I'd like to get a Droid however I know I'm not eligible. Is there anything you guys can do to help me out?" He tells me he needs to talk to his manager and then comes back with the following 2 offers.

1) Purchase Droid at 1 year activation cost of $379
    or
    2) Purchase Droid at 2 year activation cost + $100 rebate as long as I bought 3 accessories.

I went with option 2 and ended up leaving the store with the Droid, the multimedia dock (last one they had left), a car charger, and some screen protectors.

So if there are any folks out there like myself who aren't NE2 eligble, go to your store and see what they're willing to offer you. You might be pleasantly surprised.
    11-09-09 12:42 PM
    I sent the email and had my date changed from 11.28 to 11.6 on a one year with VIP. I got it for 149.99 plus tax with next day shipping. Only problem was the lady that called me and accepted my request was the only one that could do. Luckily I got her direct number because I was heading into a meeting and had to hold off on ordering. I called customer service and they couldn't honor the request. Luckily I called this lady back left a message and she kindly returned my call and processed my order

11-09-09 01:26 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD