Vodafone UK have got sick of me returning Z10s - I've had 4 so far and each has had the same issues. Ironically of course, the most critical ones have been fixed with the new OS, but I still have a few problems, notably:

- Z10 battery life not lasting a day despite modest use
    - email posting delays, forcing me to keep checking until emails have truly gone
    - my main non-work email account is Yahoo, which is no longer push. If I select 5 minute polling, battery drain is even worse
    - phantom emails - being told I have a new message when it was just an email I sent on my PC - up to an hour ago
    - memos and tasks not back-up able and not searchable from within the app
    - 90 day email limit
    - accuracey when flicking my own typed words

I've been given a Galaxy S4 to try out. I've set it up - which was fairly painless. I miss the Hub and swipe stuff instantly of course. But other than that, what am I supposed to not like about the Galaxy? I couldn't care less about the design - I'd much rather have a phone that works. I've read a lot about how awful Android is on these boards, but it'd be really helpful if anyone can pinpoint things that are likely to send me back to the Z10. I have to return one of the phones next week. Thanks
    Donvald and txtoast like this.
    05-10-13 03:31 PM
    I had the G3, and you are right, they are awesome, I also had the iphone5, which almost ties with my Z10.

I had the G3 for about 3 months, and could NOT ever get used to texting on it...every. Single. Word. was wrong. It just didn't fit my brain or my hand. I LOVED setting up my screens and using launchers (Apex was my favorite)

I couldn't get things to work right and play happy together, but maybve that's just becuase a droid is WAYYYY over my intelligence and/or pateince.

One small thing I didn't like...everything has a black background with white text on the SG3...I could never figure out a way to make it white with black text.

Like a lot of people say, there is nothing awesomer about any phone, it's who uses it. I'm not afraid to say that if this Z10 never came back, I'd have traded the SG3 in for another i5.
    Bartleby001 likes this.
    05-10-13 03:43 PM
    You'll come back if it was meant to be.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 03:43 PM
    How's the new air view working for you?

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    05-10-13 03:51 PM
    One of the S4's issues is battery life. It is a hog so you have to disable stuff (like on Z10?!) to get a decent amount of use from it. Also some reports are saying that email issues exist and that the whole user experience is convoluted to the point of beyond confusion. There is no flow and that spoils the experience. But if it does what you need, than go for it. There is no perfect phone.

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG and Bartleby001 like this.
    05-10-13 03:54 PM
    But other than that, what am I supposed to not like about the Galaxy? I couldn't care less about the design - I'd much rather have a phone that works.
    There is a subset of posters here who feel that the only way to support BBRY is to not love anything else. You can't even love BB to infinity, and like platform x a lot; no, no. You must never say anything good about the competition. That is treason.

Thankfully, the management team and owners are open-minded, reasonable and fair, and they set the tone for the site.

Now... I haven't used the S4 yet, but am familiar with Android. I do like the BB10 UI, and while I think Swype is better for me, I tend to believe for peck typists, the BB10 keyboard is hard to beat.
    Donvald and Bartleby001 like this.
    05-10-13 04:03 PM
    One of the S4's issues is battery life. It is a hog so you have to disable stuff (like on Z10?!) to get a decent amount of use from it. Also some reports are saying that email issues exist and that the whole user experience is convoluted to the point of beyond confusion. There is no flow and that spoils the experience. But if it does what you need, than go for it. There is no perfect phone.

Posted via CB10
    I am becoming conflicted with regards to the overall efficacy of Touchwiz.
    05-10-13 04:04 PM
    Z10 all day everyday.

Posted via CB10
    brout and sagii like this.
    05-10-13 04:13 PM
    There is a subset of posters here who feel that the only way to support BBRY is to not love anything else. You can't even love BB to infinity, and like platform x a lot; no, no. You must never say anything good about the competition. That is treason.
    That is correct
    05-10-13 04:16 PM
    I had the S4 for two days, couldn't stand the lagging. Switched to the Z10 and happy ever! Don't know why many users are experiencing the reboot and other issues. I have no issue and am running AT&T stock build.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 04:20 PM
    Hub, and the keyboard are the only advantages os10 has over android at this point. The z10 is a solid device, however the short comings are preventing it from becoming a really great device. Hopefully BlackBerry get things right with the aristo.

Sent from my Galaxy 4
    Last edited by MartyMcfly; 05-10-13 at 04:43 PM.
    Bartleby001 and litig8or98 like this.
    05-10-13 04:24 PM
    haha you shouldn't be looking for things to not like. If you like it, you like it. I'm sure if I had one, I'd find some things I like about it too.

You just have to see if there is more stuff you like on your S4 than on the Z10. That's how you arrive at your decision...not by people on a forum telling you what to like/not like.
    Snap51 and Bartleby001 like this.
    05-10-13 04:26 PM
    you have a week.
    flogging the S4 for all it's worth is the best way for YOU to find what works and what doesn't.
    ignore the fanboys and focus on those aspects of the device that you use most and need the best functionality from.
    I have a Bold 9900, Nokia N9, N900, HTC One X, Z10, and Lumia 920 and all of them are great for different things.
    there is no such thing as the perfect device, despite some of the comments you read on this forum (some of which are second only to the sort of idiocy you see in the phonearena comments section). on this you only need to see the denialists who seem to think that the reboot issue must be a lie because it hasn't happened to them.....
    Good luck with whatever you choose, because you will be the one using it for what you want, not anyone else.
    Bartleby001 likes this.
    05-10-13 04:37 PM
    Vodafone UK have got sick of me returning Z10s - I've had 4 so far and each has had the same issues. Ironically of course, the most critical ones have been fixed with the new OS, but I still have a few problems, notably:

- Z10 battery life not lasting a day despite modest use
    - email posting delays, forcing me to keep checking until emails have truly gone
    - my main non-work email account is Yahoo, which is no longer push. If I select 5 minute polling, battery drain is even worse
    - phantom emails - being told I have a new message when it was just an email I sent on my PC - up to an hour ago
    - memos and tasks not back-up able and not searchable from within the app
    - 90 day email limit
    - accuracey when flicking my own typed words

I've been given a Galaxy S4 to try out. I've set it up - which was fairly painless. I miss the Hub and swipe stuff instantly of course. But other than that, what am I supposed to not like about the Galaxy? I couldn't care less about the design - I'd much rather have a phone that works. I've read a lot about how awful Android is on these boards, but it'd be really helpful if anyone can pinpoint things that are likely to send me back to the Z10. I have to return one of the phones next week. Thanks
    TROOOOOLL! Jk

Z10 battery life was a pain for me at first 2, I was 2-4 hours, after letting my battery settle in for a week it went to 6-8 hours, and i know get 9-14 easy taking the proper steps:
    - Email syncing changed from 30 mins to 4-24 hours(this was the big one)
    - lock screen gesture off
    - screen brightness at. 30-50%
    - NFC and Bluetooth off.
    - also after setting up your phone/emails etc. it will take a few hours-days to completely settle.

I now get better battery life then my iPhone 5, I found it was weird my battery at to settle thought we were pass those days but we aren't.
    05-10-13 04:49 PM
    As other people said, if it works for you, great; there's no need to look for things not to like. Regarding the Z10, it's unclear which of the issues you mentioned you hoped would be resolved after replacing the phone 3 times. None of those issues would seem to suggest defective hardware. Rather, most were very specific usability items whereas your comments about the G4 were very general and high-level.

I would recommend putting the G4 through its paces to see whether or not any of the usability items exist on that platform. For example, battery life can vary greatly between Android devices; if it does not meet your expectations, replacing the phone isn't going to do much about it. You might prefer some of the alternative Android keyboard options such as Swype or SwiftKey, but I wouldn't say they're better than the BB 10 keyboard. Also, Android devices keep getting larger and larger, but to me, the large size combined with TouchWiz does not provide a good one-handed experience. So, that might be something to consider.
    05-10-13 04:52 PM
    TROOOOOLL! Jk

Z10 battery life was a pain for me at first 2, I was 2-4 hours, after letting my battery settle in for a week it went to 6-8 hours, and i know get 9-14 easy taking the proper steps:
    - Email syncing changed from 30 mins to 4-24 hours(this was the big one)
    - lock screen gesture off
    - screen brightness at. 30-50%
    - NFC and Bluetooth off.
    - also after setting up your phone/emails etc. it will take a few hours-days to completely settle.

I now get better battery life then my iPhone 5, I found it was weird my battery at to settle thought we were pass those days but we aren't.
    Not a troll actually - I've had a Z10 since it was launched, it hasn't worked very well, I've spent hours trying to make it work and now my carrier - NOT me - has suggested I try something else. I already have most of your suggestions - NFC and Bluetooth are off, the lock gesture is off, email syncing is at 15 mins (that's kind of the point of the smartphone for me) and screen brightness is something like 30%. I get a full day if I do little, but if I commute to work, it dies before the day is out.
    05-10-13 05:35 PM
    What's with all the "Convince me to get a Z10" threads? Just pick what works best for you rather than trying to get people on a blackberry fan site to convince you and find a flaw in your S4 so you can go back to the z10. Sounds like you enjoy the S4 and your mind is made up already anyway.

Posted via CB10
    SK122387 likes this.
    05-10-13 05:43 PM
    Swiftkey, Google Maps, Google Play store, OS integration with apps, fast as hell Chrome Browser. Z10 is good but it is not great. Samsung packs way too much features in a phone to make anyone wanna give it up.
    Bartleby001 likes this.
    05-10-13 05:46 PM
    Swiftkey, Google Maps, Google Play store, OS integration with apps, fast as hell Chrome Browser. Z10 is good but it is not great. Samsung packs way too much features in a phone to make anyone wanna give it up.
    I gave it up. I liked the SIII but I like the Z10 more. I like the gestures, hub, speed and fluidity of it. It just makes sense and is well thought out in my opinion. The typing is off the charts. Great speaker too. Just a brilliant device all around. I heard the SIV is nice too. But for me it's gotta be the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    sagii and bluetroll like this.
    05-10-13 05:50 PM
    I had the S4 for two days, couldn't stand the lagging. Switched to the Z10 and happy ever! Don't know why many users are experiencing the reboot and other issues. I have no issue and am running AT&T stock build.

Posted via CB10
    Wow! The S4 lags too?? I use the S3 as my secondary phone and that lag is just annoying for a supposedly fast phone, the Z10's I've used never had that issue always snappy and flows. The S3 is a great phone and I was hoping to trade in for the S4 as secondary and Q10 as primary, but if the S4 is laggy as well then there's no point is there!
    05-10-13 06:07 PM
    Yeah you're right about that, loads of features on my S3, but once that lag kicks in, those features don't mean anything. Someone's already mentioned here that the S4 has that lag problem too. Plus the call quality of the S3 is quite poor, cheap is more like the word. Hope the S4's a lot better than the S3....
    05-10-13 06:15 PM
    You see this is the sort of thing I am afraid of. I used to have these sorta of issues on OS 5,6,7, something or the other eating up my memory called OTHER. Now it has found its way onto OS10 eating up storage space? http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post8436780
    05-10-13 06:18 PM
    Bartleby001, it depends on your usage what you may miss from the Z10. Off the top of my head, you won't have BBM on your Galaxy S4. Other than that, I can't think of anything that you will lose by using a Galaxy S4.

For keyboards, SwiftKey may give a similar experience. I don't use SwiftKey, so I can't verify this.
    For Time Shift on the camera, Best Face will be the Samsung alternative.
    Email should be fine on the Galaxy S4.
    Battery life is going to vary based on your usage.
    Touch and hold the home key in order to see recently used apps. This is similar to the active Apps tiles on the Z10.
    The Hub doesn't really have an equivalent function on the S4. You can use the Notification Shade and recently used apps to do most of these functions, though.

I can't think of anything about the S4 that would drive you back to the Z10 other than BBM. I haven't experienced the lag problems that others have reported. I also have received an update that was supposed to help with this anyway, so I doubt that I will see the lag problem. Keep using both for a week and keep the one that you like the most.
    Bartleby001 likes this.
    05-10-13 06:24 PM
    The only lag I have on the S3 honestly would be opening my Gallery, Contacts and sometimes getting back to my Home Screen. I have a great app support, a feature rich phone, decent battery life. Extremely fast browser that is constantly updated, notification lights and shade.

I've used the S4 briefly and airview and smart features are great. They work flawlessly. Samsung made a thinner phone with bigger battery and better display. We will see how BBRY improves on the Z10.
    05-10-13 06:30 PM
    Every air view and eye tracker app video I've seen has shown it taking 4-5 swipes to work and even then it's laggy.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    Bartleby001 likes this.
    05-10-13 06:52 PM
35 12