Galaxy SII praises over SGIII, IMO..
    07-31-12 11:18 AM
    Does anyone have feedback on how the GSIII and Playbook get along? I have a PB 64gb and BB 9650 and getting ready to jump to the GSIII. Feedback would be appreciated.
    07-31-12 11:39 AM
    "Play along" how? They don't really have any connection.
    07-31-12 01:22 PM
    My boss pulled out his new Samsung Galaxy SIII as he was talking to one of our heads of Technology (an SVP) today. The HOT (who knows his stuff and just got a new iphone) said, and I quote "...you've got arguably the best phone that's ever been made. Everything I hear about it is just up there.... iphone won't even be able to compete with it..." Unquote. Wow! Impactful because this wasn't just anyone saying this, he seriously knows his stuff and I'm not talking just smartphones.

Kudos to Samsung... love my SG3.
    pantlesspenguin and .cw54o like this.
    07-31-12 02:29 PM
    But it's a toy! It's a toy for people who don't! Only children use android! You can use keyboard shortcuts on a BB and you can't on android! Widgets are useless! Apps are worthless! Enjoy having to plug it in 72 hours a day!

Isn't that what we normally would hear? Lol

Sent from mah brainzzzzz via Galaxy S III and Tapatalk 2
    Are you kidding me? Most people I know work in the tech industry use Android. A child would not know how to use Custrom ROMs or flahs a new kernel. I see more teenagers with Blackberry Curves than with an Android phone. I use widgets and my phone can hold its charge, only takes an hour or so to fully charge it. As for the apps, have you seen the play store? now Compare it RIMs appworld.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Spacemonkie; 07-31-12 at 02:45 PM.
    07-31-12 02:37 PM
    Does anyone have feedback on how the GSIII and Playbook get along? I have a PB 64gb and BB 9650 and getting ready to jump to the GSIII. Feedback would be appreciated.
    I don't know what you mean by play along... as has been said, they aren't connected at all unless you connect them via a mobile hotspot. But you can do that with any phone with that ability.

If it's of any interest, one of the first things I did when I got my SIII was test my mobile hotspot and Bluetooth with the Playbook. I just wanted to test it, so a friend and I did checked how it worked. Had no trouble detecting and connecting and so if I want to use my Playbook where there's no wi-fi I know I can. Also my email was still going to my Playbook. I just took off all my acounts from the Playbook as there was no point having them there any more.

Having said that, because the screen on my SIII is so good and such a decent size I find I don't need to carry my Playbook around as much as I did before. I now mostly use it for games and at home with wi-fi. Whenever I hold my Playbook I still marvel at the screen resolution and how it all works...I still think it's a really, really cool piece of kit.
    Marty_LK likes this.
    07-31-12 02:39 PM
    I used my S3 extensively over the last week traveling the nation and have a better perspective of the capability of the S3. One thing is it's an outstanding navigation device. Any issue I had was purely my own fault. But even those were few. I quickly learned to search for destinations in the nav app itself rather than Googling locations and navigating to them that way. Searching in the nav app will bring up the closest location first and successive locations farther away. Searching in Google won't necessarily list the closest location first.

The multitasking ability is quite satisfying as well. Being able to listen to music or watch a video while navigation was splendid. I didn't have any trouble with it either. It worked flawlessly the whole time. And one thing that floored me was the speed of LTE in other locations of the nation. Atlanta Georgia was particularly well working. I downloaded a 20MB app in 1 second. Here in OKC, it would have taken about 4 or 5 seconds.

Very happy with the S3.
    09-26-12 11:27 AM
    I bought a Samsung Flipcase cover for my S3 and am surprised how well it looks and adds to the appearance of the S3. I chose the Pebble Blue cover and the backplate is darker than the chrome'ish blue hue of the OEM backplate. It adds better contrast between it and the lither surround on the phone. Makes it look sweeter. The front flap over the screen is very ridgid and well made. It's built with supreme precision too. The texture of the flap is like brushed aluminum.

If anyone wants one, Amazon has them for under $20. AT&T has the white, blue and red ones for $50. The red one from AT&T was exceptionally gorgeous - kinda like a candy apple look on the backplate.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    10-01-12 11:36 AM
    Had my HTC Vivid, but dumped it about a month ago in favor of the SGSIII. Best phone i've ever had, and that include the original BB Bold, which was the best for it's time.
    Marty_LK and pantlesspenguin like this.
    11-09-12 01:19 PM
    I bought a Samsung Flipcase cover for my S3 and am surprised how well it looks and adds to the appearance of the S3. I chose the Pebble Blue cover and the backplate is darker than the chrome'ish blue hue of the OEM backplate. It adds better contrast between it and the lither surround on the phone. Makes it look sweeter. The front flap over the screen is very ridgid and well made. It's built with supreme precision too. The texture of the flap is like brushed aluminum.

If anyone wants one, Amazon has them for under $20. AT&T has the white, blue and red ones for $50. The red one from AT&T was exceptionally gorgeous - kinda like a candy apple look on the backplate.
    Hey I just picked one of these up myself! I love it!
    Marty_LK likes this.
    11-10-12 04:45 PM
    You know, how many phones back in the day were said to be "the iPhone killer?" No one got it right, until the SGS3. There are SO MANY different Android devices out there that it's been hard to keep them all straight and tell them apart from each other. Besides the Evo, I've never personally known two people to have the same Android device at the same time. Now, I know 6 off the top of my head. One friend of mine is kicking himself for getting a different phone because it was a good deal at the time, but then the SGS3 came out a month later. I see the SGS3 in the wild a lot. It really is a truly amazing device.
    11-12-12 01:59 PM
    You know, how many phones back in the day were said to be "the iPhone killer?" No one got it right, until the SGS3. There are SO MANY different Android devices out there that it's been hard to keep them all straight and tell them apart from each other. Besides the Evo, I've never personally known two people to have the same Android device at the same time. Now, I know 6 off the top of my head. One friend of mine is kicking himself for getting a different phone because it was a good deal at the time, but then the SGS3 came out a month later. I see the SGS3 in the wild a lot. It really is a truly amazing device.
    +1 for that. Beats the iPhone 5, hands down. Two of my daughters have the "5", and they would steal my SGSIII if they could. Have to wait to see how it stacks up against the BB10 devices, but like it or not, right now Samsung does have the next greatest thing.LOL
    11-12-12 04:54 PM
    +1 for that. Beats the iPhone 5, hands down. Two of my daughters have the "5", and they would steal my SGSIII if they could. Have to wait to see how it stacks up against the BB10 devices, but like it or not, right now Samsung does have the next greatest thing.LOL
    In September I went on a road trip with my best friend and his boyfriend. The boyfriend was all excited because he had just preordered the iPhone5 (coming from either the 4 or 4s, not sure which). Everyone else in the group had an Android device and he kept saying "I really don't know how you guys live without iPhones." It was your typical Apple fanboy stuff. Then he got the phone...and he's underwhelmed but he tries not to show it. I went out with them a couple weeks ago and he's begging my bestie to use his upgrade on a SGS3 so he can play with it!!
    11-13-12 09:01 AM
    I've had two friends switch from the iphone to the SGIII in the last week. I don't blame them, it's such a cool phone. I see lots and lots of SGIII's around now. Even having had it since July I still find something new to marvel at.
    pantlesspenguin and Marty_LK like this.
    11-14-12 12:07 PM
    I've had two friends switch from the iphone to the SGIII in the last week. I don't blame them, it's such a cool phone. I see lots and lots of SGIII's around now. Even having had it since July I still find something new to marvel at.
    How's the screen brightness of the S3 compared to other phones? Do you find it to be dim or hard to read in sunlight?

How about battery life? Can you get through a day of ordinary use?
    11-14-12 01:41 PM
    How's the screen brightness of the S3 compared to other phones? Do you find it to be dim or hard to read in sunlight?

How about battery life? Can you get through a day of ordinary use?
    Screen brightness is decent and it's easy to change on the fly. There's a brightness indicator built into the notification tray. Battery is pretty great. This is the first Android device I haven't needed to buy back up or extended batteries for. I can easily make it through a day of moderate use.
    11-14-12 08:21 PM
    I've had the S3 since release day and is easily the best phone I have used. I usually switch phones often and get board of them. Not this one. I've been running AOKP Jellybean on it for 2 months now. I've had 4 friends in the last month ditch their i4, 4S or iPhone 5 for the S3 and the best decision they made they said. So much to do on this phone.
    11-16-12 03:53 PM
    The GS3 is still the king of smooth. I dropped in my local AT&T store to play with all the new toys and checked out the new Note 2. It has Android 4.1.1 and was less smooth than my GS3. That's saying a lot because Android 4.1x is much more refined and smooth than Android 4.0x. Yet my GS3 is completely stock with Android 4.0.4 and is smoother than the fantastic quad-core, Jelly Bean-equipped Note 2.

A phone that AT&T has that is smoother than the GS3 is the LG Optimus G. Now that is a truly fantastic powerhouse phone. Smoother and faster than greased lightning.

EDIT - By the way, when I said the GS3 is the king of smooth, I was actually meaning between the Note 2 and it. Although the GS3 is one of the smoothest phones around, it is bested by the Optimus G.
    Last edited by Marty_LK; 11-18-12 at 03:33 PM.
    11-18-12 02:57 PM
    I just bought a s3, brand new from rogers white. Best browsing device I ever had, I also use a bold 9900 heavily.
    11-18-12 03:15 PM
    Marty, as I said I've been running Jellybean for a few months now. If you think the S3 is smooth on ICS you are in for a massive treat when JB lands soon. It isn't even funny how smooth the S3 runs JB. I've been switching Between Cm10 and AOKP and the performance is ridiculously insane. Absolutely love it.
    Marty_LK likes this.
    11-18-12 07:33 PM
    I just bought a s3, brand new from rogers white. Best browsing device I ever had, I also use a bold 9900 heavily.
    You should give its productivity features a go, too. Mail Droid and Kingsoft Office are musts.
    11-22-12 05:14 AM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD