I was a long time Blackberry user that converted to the Iphone. I made the switch just to satisfy curiosity and to be able to speak intelligently on the whole Iphone / Blackberry debate. I loved the Iphone. It is a great phone and I can see why it sells millions. Now I have tried the Galaxy S3 and to me, everything I missed on my Blackberry is here. It is like Blackberry and the Iphone combined into one.

I have only had it for 3 days now and everyday I find something that just amazes me. I can't speak yet on how Android is going to hold up but so far I have had no problems.
    MrszBerry likes this.
    07-25-12 05:52 AM
    Yeah, the S3 is a spectacular phone. The most feature-rich Android phone yet. There's so much to figure out about it that it's the anti-boring phone. The S-Voice is cool - needs refinement, though.
    07-25-12 10:10 AM
    Even when it's actually not in my hands... like resting on my desk when I'm working I keep wanting to touch it. It has the best of everything and the cool thing is, as no two users are alike no two phones will be alike because of the fabulous customizations you can do. So much to discover.
    pantlesspenguin and LuJuCa like this.
    07-25-12 11:04 AM
    But it's a toy! It's a toy for people who don't! Only children use android! You can use keyboard shortcuts on a BB and you can't on android! Widgets are useless! Apps are worthless! Enjoy having to plug it in 72 hours a day!

Isn't that what we normally would hear? Lol

Sent from mah brainzzzzz via Galaxy S III and Tapatalk 2
    07-25-12 11:22 AM
    It's a good thing that this subforum was tucked away to be unseen or the flames would be scorching hot.
    07-25-12 12:12 PM
    But it's a toy! It's a toy for people who don't! Only children use android! You can use keyboard shortcuts on a BB and you can't on android! Widgets are useless! Apps are worthless! Enjoy having to plug it in 72 hours a day!

I made the FUNNIEST sound when I read this. I'll never be able to do that again if I tried. Luckily my office is almost deserted already!!
    07-25-12 04:59 PM
    I made the FUNNIEST sound when I read this. I'll never be able to do that again if I tried. Luckily my office is almost deserted already!!
    Did you read it with a whiny tone in your head? I was going for the whiny tone.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    07-25-12 06:06 PM
    Noooo. Android has no notifications! :-P

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    07-25-12 08:55 PM
    I had my suspicions when it suddenly became that much harder to find...

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
    07-25-12 08:56 PM
    I took my S3 off the charger yesterday morning about 9AM and used it normally all day. I forgot to put it on the charger last night when I went to bed. This morning around 8 I checked it and it had about 70% charge left.
    07-26-12 01:41 PM
    Best phone I ever used. Period, end paragraph.
    LuJuCa likes this.
    07-26-12 08:34 PM

Lol. Give it a rest already.

Sent from my flip-phone.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    07-26-12 08:45 PM

-1 because the beer I snorted up reading this is now burning my sinuses. =D

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    reeneebob likes this.
    07-26-12 09:49 PM
    ps.... the batt is fantastic . first time I can say that about an android
    Marty_LK likes this.
    07-29-12 10:32 AM
    Made the transition from my 9810 on June 21st and have not looked back. My GS3 is by far the best smartphone that I have used from a speed, performance and overall design perspective.
    Blacklatino and LuJuCa like this.
    07-29-12 12:29 PM
    ps.... the batt is fantastic . first time I can say that about an android
    Power to spare, not experiencing any of the power issues that I had with my last device. Not even thinking about an extra battery.
    Marty_LK likes this.
    07-29-12 02:19 PM
    Anyone tried out Flipboard? It's just a hair short of awesome. I guess it's sort of like Social Feeds, but a tad more robust. Has many more sources for information as well as syncs with most of your social media accounts; FB, G+, LinkedIn, G-Reader, Instagram, tmblr, and flickr (probably some others as well)

If you haven't had the chance to play around, give it a try. Set it to update manually, haven't noticed any power issues with it running though.
    Marty_LK and jivegirl14 like this.
    07-30-12 09:59 AM
    I have never been so pleased with a phone ever. Love the phone for sure. Rooted and Custom Rom on also
    07-30-12 10:49 AM
    Anyone tried out Flipboard? It's just a hair short of awesome. I guess it's sort of like Social Feeds, but a tad more robust. Has many more sources for information as well as syncs with most of your social media accounts; FB, G+, LinkedIn, G-Reader, Instagram, tmblr, and flickr (probably some others as well)

If you haven't had the chance to play around, give it a try. Set it to update manually, haven't noticed any power issues with it running though.
    I like Flipboard so much that I have it on all my phones.
    07-30-12 10:52 AM

And android phones don't have email! I heard that every app in the play store has a virus that can blow up your phone and steal away your firstborn child!

I'm also loving this phone. Flipboard is awesome. You can really feel the spec sheet in everyday use.

Posted from Crackberry.com App for Android
    reeneebob likes this.
    07-30-12 12:08 PM
    You know you should stop spreading misinformation and generalization about other users on the forum. That just may get you an infraction.
    07-30-12 12:12 PM
    You know you should stop spreading misinformation and generalization about other users on the forum. That just may get you an infraction.
    I think he was continuing a theme from reeneebob. Being facetious or clever. Don't think the poster meant it as a slag.
    07-30-12 12:34 PM
    I think he was continuing a theme from reeneebob. Being facetious or clever. Don't think the poster meant it as a slag.
    I get that. Wasn't directed at anyone in particular.
    07-30-12 12:42 PM
    Flipboard is beautiful. Even more beautiful on the awesome SG3 Screen .
    I remember many months ago someone raving about Flipboard.... now I know what they meant.
    Marty_LK likes this.
    07-30-12 04:54 PM
    Flipboard is beautiful. Even more beautiful on the awesome SG3 Screen .
    I remember many months ago someone raving about Flipboard.... now I know what they meant.
    Flipboard was one of my all time iOS favorites. So thrilled to see a widget for it!

Marty_LK likes this.
    07-30-12 06:14 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD