Does anyone have the combo? I must admit I'm intrigued by it. I recently sold my LG G2 and Nexus 5 so have some money burning a hole in my pocket. Christmas is around the corner after all!
    12-19-13 04:11 AM
    I think you might find more people that have it on Android Central.

I will admit that the Note 3 is a pretty Television and I would like the Gear, it is just a bit pricey for my liking (not to mention absurdly large).

I say go for it...not exactly my slice of cake, but I'm not a huge fan of TouchWiz.
    12-19-13 04:17 AM
    The phone is awesome, but I haven't heard many good things about the watch. Word is that battery life is terrible, and you can't even think about getting it wet.
    12-19-13 08:17 AM
    I have both but I'm more partial to the Pebble. The Gear looks nice but still has a way to go IMO. As for the Note 3 -- it's a huge device. Too much to carry on a daily basis for me.

I'd say you're better suited with a Pebble if you must have a watch now. Works with BB, Android and iOS where the Gear only works with a small set of Android devices.
    12-19-13 09:16 AM
    Does anyone have the combo? I must admit I'm intrigued by it. I recently sold my LG G2 and Nexus 5 so have some money burning a hole in my pocket. Christmas is around the corner after all!
    depends on your use case. I have a friend who owns both, an another went the hipster route by buying a panasonic (the one with the igzo screen and a native built in hand writing recognitoon app by the manufacturer) and I am much more impressed with the panasonic. watches though, I have never seen a pebble, but I think with the price you buy a better phone, or buy an ipod / ipod nano/mini and strap it to the rist (no kidding) and make it into a badass watch.

oh, I would not recommend the samsung watch because it requires samsung app, and therefore samsung account. not very non-samsung friendly.
    12-19-13 09:57 AM
    I have both but I'm more partial to the Pebble. The Gear looks nice but still has a way to go IMO. As for the Note 3 -- it's a huge device. Too much to carry on a daily basis for me.

I'd say you're better suited with a Pebble if you must have a watch now. Works with BB, Android and iOS where the Gear only works with a small set of Android devices.
    Adam, did you download the new US update for the Gear? It's supposed to be night and day!
    12-24-13 01:25 AM
    Adam, did you download the new US update for the Gear? It's supposed to be night and day!
    I picked up the Gear over the weekend, not long after my Note II received the 4.3 update (which allows Gear compatibility). The Gear update does indeed make a huge difference, particularly notifications, etc. Before, you were stuck with notifications for only Sammy stock apps, now you can get notifications from anything. That's the biggest difference I see, although I didn't spend a whole lot of time with the Gear before I went for the update.
    12-30-13 08:08 AM