Is there any Blackberry mindset comparison anywhere?

Usage on the move?
    Usage one handed?
    Hands free usage?
    Multi tasking?
    Instant app switching without animation delay?
    Keyboard shortcuts a plenty?
    Instant app access?
    Speed of typing?
    Can a slider landscape phone even be used one handed while vertical?
    Etc
    01-17-20 02:09 PM
    Not sure I know of anyone who has both who can offer a perspective.
    01-17-20 02:18 PM
    Not sure I know of anyone who has both who can offer a perspective.
    Time to step up lol! Use that expense account.
    01-17-20 02:32 PM
    Time to step up lol! Use that expense account.
    Well, that's part of the issue. Having an expense account allows one to pay for it....but when will it be delivered? lol.
    01-17-20 02:35 PM
    Well, that's part of the issue. Having an expense account allows one to pay for it....but when will it be delivered? lol.
    True. But more likely than another BBMo phone lol.
    01-17-20 02:37 PM
    It is strange how Unihertz only popped up a few months ago, and already has a phone being shipped. The Cosmo has been cooking for over a year and the F(x)tec for just at a year...

They are three PKB devices, but each is very different... there will be pros and cons to each. Would be nice if someone were to do a KEY3 kickstarter.... wonder how much allowance they give Bla1ze.
    bb9900user2018 likes this.
    01-17-20 02:43 PM
    Is there any Blackberry mindset comparison anywhere?

Usage on the move?
    Usage one handed?
    Hands free usage?
    Multi tasking?
    Instant app switching without animation delay?
    Keyboard shortcuts a plenty?
    Instant app access?
    Speed of typing?
    Can a slider landscape phone even be used one handed while vertical?
    Etc
    Neither are for power typists.

No typing warrior would be caught dead with either a 244g or 303g device.
    01-17-20 02:44 PM
    Neither are for power typists.

No typing warrior would be caught dead with either a 244g or 303g device.
    Forgive me but would you consider defining "power typist" and/or "typing warrior"? Cuz this sounds like the all-too-common presumption that one's personal use case is somehow universal.
    01-17-20 07:59 PM
    Forgive me but would you consider defining "power typist" and/or "typing warrior"? Cuz this sounds like the all-too-common presumption that one's personal use case is somehow universal.
    Someone holding a device for many, many hours a day blasting out emails and messages.

A 2/3 lb device is not compatible with this use-case.
    01-17-20 08:01 PM
    Someone holding a device for many, many hours a day blasting out emails and messages.

A 2/3 lb device is not compatible with this use-case.
    For you. Maybe you have weak hands?
    Mecca EL and Jenserm like this.
    01-17-20 08:27 PM
    My hands got tired after typing on the Titan for just 15 minutes so I must be downright fragile! Call me Mr. Glass!
    Mecca EL and the_boon like this.
    01-17-20 10:12 PM
    My hands got tired after typing on the Titan for just 15 minutes so I must be downright fragile! Call me Mr. Glass!
    No question it's a beast. I like the ruggedized aspect and the size, but I'm sure I could have lived with less battery.

Truth is I'd still be rocking the Classic if I could. I backed the Titan and picked up a KEYone at a blowout price to tide me over while trying to figure out if there will ever be another BlackBerry phone I'd want to own. But for my application, the Titan is working out better than expected - I thought I'd be lucky if it actually materialized and functioned.
    01-18-20 12:01 AM
    No question it's a beast. I like the ruggedized aspect and the size, but I'm sure I could have lived with less battery.
    Agreed. Stick a 4k mah battery instead of 6k (plus NetGear running 24/7 to prevent the excessive amount if data sharing) and I think there would be a compelling argument to use the Titan as a daily driver.

As it stands, the only reason I got the Titan is because I've always wanted to use a BlackBerry at the beach without worrying about getting it wet or having sand get caught in the keyboard.

I think Unihertz did a fairly decent job with this effort (especially with that first software update) and if they were to somehow, through some miracle, decide to make a second, less beastly iteration, I wouldn't hesitate to back it.
    01-18-20 07:24 AM
    As it stands, the only reason I got the Titan is because I've always wanted to use a BlackBerry at the beach without worrying about getting it wet or having sand get caught in the keyboard.

I think Unihertz did a fairly decent job with this effort (especially with that first software update) and if they were to somehow, through some miracle, decide to make a second, less beastly iteration, I wouldn't hesitate to back it.
    As would I.

Some years ago I left a white-collar desk-bound high-tech career and got my electrician's ticket. In the trades you see a lot of slab phones with cracked screens. I will be finding out just how tough this thing is.

I'm frankly amazed that it fits in the phone pocket on my favorite overalls. I'm betting I'm the only Crackberry user with that concern.

The battery life is great, but even if I'm on a jobsite with no live juice, I have a USB adapter for my cordless tool batteries.

But the beach sounds good too. 😀
    01-18-20 09:09 AM
    As would I.

Some years ago I left a white-collar desk-bound high-tech career and got my electrician's ticket. In the trades you see a lot of slab phones with cracked screens. I will be finding out just how tough this thing is.

I'm frankly amazed that it fits in the phone pocket on my favorite overalls. I'm betting I'm the only Crackberry user with that concern.

The battery life is great, but even if I'm on a jobsite with no live juice, I have a USB adapter for my cordless tool batteries.

But the beach sounds good too.
    Your reasons for wanting a Titan are a lot more macho than mine!
    01-18-20 09:11 AM
    Your reasons for wanting a Titan are a lot more macho than mine!
    Ah shucks...
    01-18-20 07:10 PM
    For you. Maybe you have weak hands?
    It's not a question of that.

Pick up an LE and type for 20 minutes straight, then do the same with a Titan.

At almost twice the weight of an LE, you'll feel the difference.

But the thing is the Titan doesn't even have good key travel, you'd think that on a device that thick they would have found room to put 0.5mm springs behind those keys or something, but oh well.
    At least it's IP rated so it's got that going for it.
    Oh and also it runs Android 9, which no BlackBerry device will see lol.
    01-18-20 11:51 PM
    It's not a question of that.

Pick up an LE and type for 20 minutes straight, then do the same with a Titan.

At almost twice the weight of an LE, you'll feel the difference.

But the thing is the Titan doesn't even have good key travel, you'd think that on a device that thick they would have found room to put 0.5mm springs behind those keys or something, but oh well.
    At least it's IP rated so it's got that going for it.
    Oh and also it runs Android 9, which no BlackBerry device will see lol.
    It always sounds so absolute just like weight is the only important parameter for a device. This is very individual, just like what "good key travel" means. If there is an interest in a Titan, I would suggest trying it out for yourself. For me the weight doesn't matter and it doesn't bother me either. The KeyOne was already to big for me, so I changed the way how I'm using a smartphone in a matter that size and weight is not so important for me anymore.

If the question is: "best keyboard power user phone?" I would answer : it depends on your personal usecase and how much money you want to invest. Both devices will have it's pros and cons. One importend point for me is, that it is rugged and I prefer the Titans screen size. That's why I tried the Titan and it was a good choice for me.

I would only point out, that the Titan needs some attention to find a good individual setup for the keyboard software because out of the box the Kika keyboard software feels like a early version - but this is easy to change.
    tmurphx5 likes this.
    01-20-20 09:09 AM
    It always sounds so absolute just like weight is the only important parameter for a device. This is very individual, just like what "good key travel" means. If there is an interest in a Titan, I would suggest trying it out for yourself. For me the weight doesn't matter and it doesn't bother me either. The KeyOne was already to big for me, so I changed the way how I'm using a smartphone in a matter that size and weight is not so important for me anymore.

If the question is: "best keyboard power user phone?" I would answer : it depends on your personal usecase and how much money you want to invest. Both devices will have it's pros and cons. One importend point for me is, that it is rugged and I prefer the Titans screen size. That's why I tried the Titan and it was a good choice for me.

I would only point out, that the Titan needs some attention to find a good individual setup for the keyboard software because out of the box the Kika keyboard software feels like a early version - but this is easy to change.
    Can you explain how the KEYone was too big for you but somehow the larger and heavier Titan is not?
    bb9900user2018 likes this.
    01-20-20 11:23 AM
    Can you explain how the KEYone was too big for you but somehow the larger and heavier Titan is not?
    The KeyOne was already to big for my pocket. So I usually never put it there, just on the desk, in my jacket or my backpack. So I changed already the usage of my smartphone because it was to big. The Titan is even bigger, yes, it doesn't fit in my pocket, it fits in my jacket or in my backpack - so I use it the same way like my KeyOne...

That's why I can only say:
    - The KeyOne is to big for my pocket
    -The Titan is to big for my pocket
    Both ar on par for me.

If it comes to size and weight the best smartphone for me was the Sony Xperia Mini Pro and next the Q10.

But the time, when a smartphone with pkb in small size was built is over so I had to find a compromise and changed my usage. My usage is now in a way, that an even bigger smartphone doesn't matter.

What still matters for me is an pkb. What also matters for me is ruggedness. But there was never a pkb smartphone with this characteristic. That's why I'm happy with the Titan.

But we all have to find out, if the Titan is really rugged or it will lose it's screen or something else will break. We will see in future!
    Last edited by Jenserm; 01-21-20 at 04:08 PM.
    01-20-20 11:51 AM
    It always sounds so absolute just like weight is the only important parameter for a device.
    @idssteve who is the master of PKB's, would strongly argue that weight very much matters on a PKB device lol
    Jenserm likes this.
    01-20-20 12:28 PM
    @idssteve who is the master of PKB's, would strongly argue that weight very much matters on a PKB device lol
    To each his own, as they say. I have been a Blackberry only user for 20 years, started with the 850 and now moved on to the Titan as my daily driver. To me its not just how fast I input characters, its the overall experience so without getting into all the pros and con's of the Titan let's just say I am getting as much, if not more, productivity out of it as I did with all the Blackberries I have had over the years.
    01-21-20 10:40 AM
    To each his own, as they say. I have been a Blackberry only user for 20 years, started with the 850 and now moved on to the Titan as my daily driver. To me its not just how fast I input characters, its the overall experience so without getting into all the pros and con's of the Titan let's just say I am getting as much, if not more, productivity out of it as I did with all the Blackberries I have had over the years.
    Thanks! After 20 years and still on the Passport I'm devastated by today's news. Now it's time to move on!
    02-03-20 08:03 PM
    Indeed To each their own. I don't understand why some people (and it seems manufacturers) thinks that one phone fits all. We are different people with different use cases and wishes.

Those primarily using their devices for selfies and youtube, why should they bother with a more clumsy device with a real keyboard, when a fake keyboard fills their needs? Sure us in here are hardly in that group, but that does not make this group wrong.

In the other end we have those that really wants something like a laptop, but want it more compact, and here the Cosmo seems a great suggestion for an ultra-portable-PC.

Then we have the UniHertz Titan for those that want a rugged device with an always on keyboard.

And last but not the least we have my favourite the F(x)tec Pro1, that gives us both a slab and a full keyboard device in one. Like we had and loved in the good old days of the Nokia N950, E7, N97, ....

I doubt that any one of these in anyway could satisfy all BB users, each model have their pros and cons, and thus target group. But I would claim that the Pro1 is the most versatile thus reaching the most people, as it closed works like any other slab out there, and opened has the benefits of a full 66 key keyboard. But yes it is more cramped than the Cosmo and not as rugged as the Titan.

To each their own.....
    02-03-20 09:01 PM
    Indeed To each their own. I don't understand why some people (and it seems manufacturers) thinks that one phone fits all. We are different people with different use cases and wishes.

Those primarily using their devices for selfies and youtube, why should they bother with a more clumsy device with a real keyboard, when a fake keyboard fills their needs? Sure us in here are hardly in that group, but that does not make this group wrong.

In the other end we have those that really wants something like a laptop, but want it more compact, and here the Cosmo seems a great suggestion for an ultra-portable-PC.

Then we have the UniHertz Titan for those that want a rugged device with an always on keyboard.

And last but not the least we have my favourite the F(x)tec Pro1, that gives us both a slab and a full keyboard device in one. Like we had and loved in the good old days of the Nokia N950, E7, N97, ....

I doubt that any one of these in anyway could satisfy all BB users, each model have their pros and cons, and thus target group. But I would claim that the Pro1 is the most versatile thus reaching the most people, as it closed works like any other slab out there, and opened has the benefits of a full 66 key keyboard. But yes it is more cramped than the Cosmo and not as rugged as the Titan.

To each their own.....
    Some here are just convinced that there is no keyboard market.

I disagree with that, it's just...kind of tiny
    EskeRahn likes this.
    02-03-20 09:33 PM
49 12