So I always make fun of my wife when her android phone locks up on her. I have the 9780 and she has an android phone I won't name running OS 2.2. So she is pregnant she came home and fell asleep on the couch. I plugged her phone up to charge. So hours later we get in the bed. She asked for her phone to set her alarm. She gave it back to me after and I put the phone beside mine on the dresser. She says NO you have to plug it up... I said but babe its fully charged. She said I know but if you don't put it back on the charger it will be dead in the morning. HA! LMAO another fail for android

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-11 10:20 AM
    Hahahahah! Good one

BB FTW
    01-27-11 11:03 AM
    Android phones are known for their bad* battery life. That's another win for BlackBerries.

bad*: EXTREMELY BAD! speaking of personal experience with a Nexus One, and an HTC Hero.
    01-27-11 11:28 AM
    yes the battery life is bad. but there are ways to make it last. like rooting it and making the processors run at lower speeds when phone is in standby or locked ect.. and task killers. I dont own a android but just saying lol
    01-28-11 01:58 AM
    A phone should have a good battery without having to do tweaks IMO
    01-28-11 02:04 AM
    true. its cause android is pushing all the top specs which is bad for battery consumption. only reason bb has such good battery life is the smaller screen size and resolution, as well as processor speed. all irrelevant
    01-28-11 02:23 AM
    They should release higher battery capacities bundled with the phones then
    01-28-11 02:27 AM
    Something's wrong with either her battery or her phone if it won't last (when fully charged) over night in standby mode. And if that isn't obvious to you or your wife, well...
    01-28-11 04:45 AM
    yes the battery life is bad. but there are ways to make it last. like rooting it and making the processors run at lower speeds when phone is in standby or locked ect.. and task killers. I dont own a android but just saying lol
    This is true, that's what I did. It's mainly because they are making phones with great specs, that the battery can't handle for so long.
    01-28-11 07:57 AM
    Something's wrong with either her battery or her phone if it won't last (when fully charged) over night in standby mode. And if that isn't obvious to you or your wife, well...
    I had a android phone and it was the same way. Before bed check to make sure all programs and apps were closed. I always kept my screen on low settings. When I wake up I have 30% battery life when I had a full charge going to sleep. Its not the phone its the platform.

01-28-11 08:02 AM
    I had a android phone and it was the same way. Before bed check to make sure all programs and apps were closed. I always kept my screen on low settings. When I wake up I have 30% battery life when I had a full charge going to sleep. Its not the phone its the platform.

I don't think it's a platform problem. I have some different Android phones and if I use them very rarely, they last 2-3 days. So you loosing that much battery life while not using it, isn't normal (probably a task-killer because you mentioned that you check that all apps are closed).
    The low battery life is more a "problem" of (big) touch-screens in general and that you can do much more with the phones (mediawise) than for exemple a BB.
    Last edited by And�; 01-29-11 at 02:22 AM.
    01-28-11 08:29 AM
    my incredible looses around 1% an hour when im sleeping. Something is wrong with your wifes phone and yours. you SHOULD NOT BE USING A TASK KILLER also.
    01-28-11 08:38 AM
    This thread is a desperate attempt by BlackBerry fanbois to bash Android. Android is and has been taking over, and there is not a d@mn thing you can do about it. AT&T announced today "In light of the declining appeal of the iPhone, Randall Stephenson, the CEO of AT&T, said the company would start "very aggressively" marketing smart phones based on Google Inc.'s Android software. Once Android buries the Iphone, it on to your precious BlackBerries next. H3ll, even RIM is considering supporting competitors platforms on BES. Whether you like it or not, your days are numbered. You can talk all the smack you want, but it just keeps getting worse and worse for you...

Here is the article: AT&T sees declining iPhone appeal, turns to Android market
    01-28-11 08:51 AM
    LOL severe deceit you are crazy. Android will never take over the Iphone or RIM. It has been hot for a short time and its going to decline. Android will never be the only option like you make it sound. Business drives the world and how many business men do you think would ever carry an android phone over a blackberry. Dont bring up the droid pro because it is a terrible attempt at a Bold substitute. Facts are as follows: RIM always has and always will dominate the professional world, Droid is eye candy because it has bright screens and fast processors, it is nothing more than the latest gadget. They do some pretty cool things and they will have a place in the market. But if you seriously think for one second that Android will kill RIM or the Iphone you really are off your rocker. Choices are what make the market great. People who realize that there is more to a device than watching youtube videos in hi def or "rooting" realize that maybe they would rather have a BB or an Iphone. These three will remain in contention and none of them are going anywhere. For the record with the EVO that I had for two weeks before I gained my senses back had TERRIBLE battery life. With it set to 3g not 4g and no programs open the standby time wasnt as bad as above mentioned but would be about 40 percent down overnight. It makes no sense to put these low capacity batteries in these devices. If you are going to beef up the phone with all these useless specs then put the battery that can handle it in the device.
    01-28-11 09:50 AM
    my incredible looses around 1% an hour when im sleeping. Something is wrong with your wifes phone and yours. you SHOULD NOT BE USING A TASK KILLER also.
    You are mistaken. I never said I was using a task killer for one. My phone was brand new and only had it for a couple months. My brothers wife has an evo and her phone is the same way. Called her one day and she didn't answer. When I asked her why later in the week she said she went to sleep and she woke up grabed her phone not looking at it and low and behold it was dead. Plan and simple android phone are not meant to last throughout the day. I would rather have a phone and don't have to worry about my phone going dead on me because I forgot to charge it which happens to those who really have a life and things to do throughout the day.
    I respect anyone decision to get a android phone but from what I have seen from personal experience and those around me its a platform that people try and hype up more than what it is because its the new kid on the block.

01-28-11 10:03 AM
    LOL severe deceit you are crazy. Android will never take over the Iphone or RIM. It has been hot for a short time and its going to decline. Android will never be the only option like you make it sound. Business drives the world and how many business men do you think would ever carry an android phone over a blackberry. Dont bring up the droid pro because it is a terrible attempt at a Bold substitute. Facts are as follows: RIM always has and always will dominate the professional world, Droid is eye candy because it has bright screens and fast processors, it is nothing more than the latest gadget. They do some pretty cool things and they will have a place in the market. But if you seriously think for one second that Android will kill RIM or the Iphone you really are off your rocker. Choices are what make the market great. People who realize that there is more to a device than watching youtube videos in hi def or "rooting" realize that maybe they would rather have a BB or an Iphone. These three will remain in contention and none of them are going anywhere. For the record with the EVO that I had for two weeks before I gained my senses back had TERRIBLE battery life. With it set to 3g not 4g and no programs open the standby time wasnt as bad as above mentioned but would be about 40 percent down overnight. It makes no sense to put these low capacity batteries in these devices. If you are going to beef up the phone with all these useless specs then put the battery that can handle it in the device.
    Android absolutely KILLED RIM on VZW. One network at a time, my friend.
    01-28-11 10:13 AM
    Crazy I am, but you will see what happens. I've been right about things like this in the past. How do you feel about this, I believe U.S. Cellular will purchase Sprint eventually.
    01-28-11 10:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD