Hey i came across this article about the Android 2.2 update for the HTC Incredible so I thought I would pass it along...

HTC DROID Incredible to be updated to Froyo end of July, early August � Boy Genius Report
    07-19-10 01:03 PM
    idk why but i think i actually want a incredible =/
    07-19-10 01:22 PM
    The Incredible is, well its Incredible lol.
    07-19-10 01:30 PM
    its the size lol
    07-19-10 01:35 PM
    Ya I love the size, to me its perfect. However yesterday I went to Verizon to look at the Droid X just for kicks. I really liked the display and the size wasnt bad at all. However a few things turned me off of it. First the camera is noticeably slower on both opening and taking pictures than the DInc. This may not be a big issue to some people, but I have a 2 year old so every second counts for those random pics. And the second thing is I love Sense UI. The experience it gives is seemless imo. I didnt get that with the Droid X. But everybody has a different opinion and different needs in a phone . I may still get one and try it out for 30 days once they have them readily available, but I will more than likely wait until they release a phone with a front facing camera as well.
    07-19-10 01:44 PM
    Nice. Hopefully it comes out soon for the X as well. Right now I'm patiently waiting for the current OTA.
    07-19-10 02:15 PM
    Nice. Hopefully it comes out soon for the X as well. Right now I'm patiently waiting for the current OTA.
    From what I was told, the 2.2 is supposed to be available on the X before the DI but you know how that goes.
    07-19-10 02:17 PM
    From what I was told, the 2.2 is supposed to be available on the X before the DI but you know how that goes.
    Well because neither of the phones run a Vanilla UI it is my guess that they are passed on to Motorola and HTC respectively, and when its ready it will come out. Historically HTC is slow at releasing updates, but maybe they want to push this one out faster. It would be beneficial to both them and Verizon to have 2 high end phones running 2.2 also. You have the big one (Droid X) and the smaller one (DInc).
    07-19-10 02:24 PM
    +1 with above here, I couldn't see big red going too long with one of there high-end android phones on 2.2 while leaving the other one out.
    07-19-10 11:22 PM
    idk why but i think i actually want a incredible =/
    Didn't you just get a Droid-X?
    07-20-10 09:22 AM
    Didn't you just get a Droid-X?
    Ya he did and so did I, but I see what he is getting at. If the DX and Inc. came out the same time and were the same size, I would go Inc. hands down just because of Sense UI. Beautiful Widgets + Moto Widgets doesn't quite add up to the overall aesthetics and functionality of Sense (I'm a Sense UI fan boy. Start the flamming).
    07-21-10 12:10 AM
    apparently coming next friday for all droid devices
    07-27-10 12:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD