Wow. Why does no one have this attitude about bb and playbook? Yeah I know you'll all say because they can't do anything. Anyway, find some shade.
    I cant speak on the Playbook, but as far as my BB Tour vs my Droid Charge there is no contest.

Internet browsing on the Droid far exceeds and browser I ever tried on the BB.

My Droid runs circles around my old Tour performance wise

No screen ripple, no loose battery door, no trackball going bad, no more battery pulls.

No more 3+ minute boot up times

People call the Android app store useless and that no one needs that many apps to choose from. But no matter what you are trying to do with your phone you will find an app for it. And the ways to make the phone truly unique and yours is endless, just go look at the "Your Top 5 Apps List" to see.

I lost some battery life and BBM and a physical keyboard in the trade. I solved the battery issue by buying an extended battery, I only used BBM with my wife so it was no real loss as we just used SMS instead, and I like Swype way more than a physical keyboard.

The pros of trading up to Android far outweighed the cons.
    09-27-11 05:34 PM
    OK you're talking about a phone that is 2 years newer also. BTW no such trouble with my tour. First and only one. But the point I was getting at was the attitude of focusing on what it can do rather then what it can't. If what it can't isn't good enough then just move on like you did and stop the madness on here.

And for people that have moved on stop the madness of convincing and converting. Not that you do that.

It was just refreshing to see the comment lol.
    Rickroller and lssanjose like this.
    09-27-11 05:40 PM
    FWIW I recall having some problems seeing my 9700 in sunny conditions and would have to turn the brightness up. No matter what phone I have I always keep the brightness low because it's easy on my eyes. On my Sensation if I've forgotten to turn up the brightness I can do it without having to see the screen. I hit power button - swipe up where the ring is, swipe to the right once, and tap the upper right corner where my power control widget is. Boom, I can see again even on the brightest days.
    09-27-11 06:36 PM
    OK you're talking about a phone that is 2 years newer also. BTW no such trouble with my tour. First and only one. But the point I was getting at was the attitude of focusing on what it can do rather then what it can't. If what it can't isn't good enough then just move on like you did and stop the madness on here.

And for people that have moved on stop the madness of convincing and converting. Not that you do that.

The charge vs the tour is an unfair comparison.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    09-27-11 07:07 PM
    I've been quite happy with my Thunderbolt. Of course, it's nowhere near stock.
    Are you on the nightlies, or the stable release?

09-27-11 07:08 PM
    Are you on the nightlies, or the stable release?

Running the 09/13 nightly at the moment.
    09-27-11 07:11 PM

Im a firm believer in live and let live. If something works for you and makes you happy then by all means enjoy it. I was tired of being frustrated by the Tour and found a platform that made me happy

The charge vs the tour is an unfair comparison.

I concede that it is an unfair comparison, but even my POS Eris was a step up from the Tour.
    09-27-11 08:13 PM
    Im a firm believer in live and let live. If something works for you and makes you happy then by all means enjoy it. I was tired of being frustrated by the Tour and found a platform that made me happy

I concede that it is an unfair comparison, but even my POS Eris was a step up from the Tour.
    I can agree with that

09-27-11 10:37 PM
    Since you guys are both on CM7, do your nightlies include the CM7 lock screen? It's pretty awesome. Just like the Sense 3.0 lock screen.
    09-27-11 10:46 PM
    Since you guys are both on CM7, do your nightlies include the CM7 lock screen? It's pretty awesome. Just like the Sense 3.0 lock screen.
    The last nightly before switching to kushdeck, I did use something similar. I don't remember if it was also in OMFGB

09-27-11 11:15 PM
    Running the 09/13 nightly at the moment.
    Are you using the included launcher or a launcher of your choice? I felt lack of home screen previews (on the Inc, at least) was a bit of a deal breaker. I also noticed significant minor differences between OMFGB, and Gingerbread Deck, driving the latter to be my daily ..

09-27-11 11:20 PM
    The last nightly before switching to kushdeck, I did use something similar. I don't remember if it was also in OMFGB

What's kushdeck? And you do know what I'm talking about right? It looks like this.

09-27-11 11:24 PM
    What's kushdeck? And you do know what I'm talking about right? It looks like this.

Click to view quoted imageClick to view quoted image
    Kushdeck is the guy behind Gingerbread Deck. A lot of AOSP devs have spun from CM7. They have their reasons. I did go through OMGB/OMFGB, but I found minor, but significant differences between them, and Gingerbread Deck. It seems like they took what they each thought was most useful from CM7, and went from there. I am going to put together a blog about my round ROM'n experiment. But as far as that picture, I kind of see the direction of that lockscreen, and all that, but like I said, it's been months since I used a full on CM7 nightly. I think the last nightly I ran, was for my old Droid.
    09-28-11 12:03 AM
    Are you using the included launcher or a launcher of your choice? I felt lack of home screen previews (on the Inc, at least) was a bit of a deal breaker. I also noticed significant minor differences between OMFGB, and Gingerbread Deck, driving the latter to be my daily ..

I always use LauncherPro Plus, and for my lock screen I use the Honeycomb setting.
    09-28-11 06:16 AM
    That article is complete crap. The Thunderbolt is a darn good phone. I never had any issues with it. The battery was fine along with everything else. The only reason I am not using it anymore is because I get bored with phones rather quickly and needed something new. I'm using the Droid Charge right now. Until I get bored of it anyway...lol
    01-21-12 01:32 PM
    This is so true. Thunderbolt was the worst phone I ever owned.
    01-21-12 08:01 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD