Well I had a chance to play with the phone yesterday. Honestly I'm not impressed. I did not get a WOW effect. Is it fast? Yes. Is it cool? Yes. Basically imagine an eris on steroids with a bigger screen. The touch is great, I just personally have played with the nexus and liked it better. The size was great. Maybe I'm oversaturated with so many android phones I'm just not impressed anymore. I think it,ll be cool for the first time droid user or someone who is sick of the large motorola droid, but personally ill be sticlin with my current phone. Any questions ask away ill go ahead and test it on the phone and show video if requested

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-17-10 12:48 PM
    What's your current phone?

04-17-10 12:54 PM
    Subscribed

04-17-10 12:59 PM
    How intuitive is the UI compared with a BB (which I think is easy)? Easy to move, store, organize, retrieve things?
    04-17-10 12:59 PM
    I have a tour as personal. My work provided phone is a devour [which is a joke of a phone btw]. The ui is straight forward once u understand to just touch and hold the screen for other options. Web browsing is awesome. Apps cool. I still like my tour for texting and overall everyday use. Android is def cool software and very user friendly once u catch on. Basically u have to forget everything about ur bb and have an open mind for the incrfedible

04-17-10 01:08 PM
    If you are still using a Tour, I find it very difficult that you don't find the Incredible well...Incredible. How long did you use it? The reason I ask is that when I first tried the Droid...both of them, I didn't care for them. Once you get used to it, try out all of the features, there is no going back to BB for me. Again, what were you expecting? You mentioned the Eris and how they are very similar. Thats a good thing because I love the form factor of the Eris. The Eris gets second billing only because of the Motorola Droid, otherwise, it's a fantastic phone.

The Incredible will sell very well and you can take that to the bank! Once people get there hands on that puppy they will realize where Android is going. If you were a Motorola Droid user, I would take your opinion to heart but you are a BB user who is using a Tour which is being discontinued. No offense but I will have to say that your opinion is noted but a gentlemens bet with you that the Incredible will truly be remarkable.
    04-17-10 02:31 PM
    Because my personal phone is a tour has no bearing on my expertise for which I am speaking. My work phone is a devour which is android which I am typing with now for this post. It gets used just as much if not more than my tour. I also have had a droid when it was released. I also sell and fix and troubleshoot etc droids all day. So id feel my opinion is valid. Do I feel it will be remarkable? I already said its a good phone it just didn't wow me. I think it'll be great for the first droid user but if u have one already its not worth the money. I still think the nexus will be better. But to each his own. Only my opinion and as someone who lives and breathes cell phones id feel it as a pretty good opinion

04-17-10 03:01 PM
    It would be good to hear your thoughts on the HTC vs. Motorola radio/reception since you have had experience with the Eris, Devour, Droid, and now the Incredible. It has been my personal experience that the Motorola radios are better than the HTC radios when used in weak signal areas. Thanks.
    04-17-10 03:05 PM
    I can see how previously handling the nexus could steel the HTC thunder a little, lol...I am sure it will still be a hit tho...
    04-17-10 03:45 PM
    I can see how previously handling the nexus could steel the HTC thunder a little, lol...I am sure it will still be a hit tho...
    The nexus one is made by HTC.
    04-17-10 04:06 PM
    Could you explain why you think the N1 is better? Seems to me they are pretty much the same phones except the Incredible has a better camera, more internal storage and sense.
    04-17-10 04:06 PM
    I love SenseUI and liked the eris but it just felt a little underpowered so an Eris on steroids sounds good to me. I don't have any plans on going the Incredible route though. I currently have the Droid running Koush's CM 5.0.6 rom and it's pretty much perfect. And if they get the Desire port working 100% over at all-droid, I definitely won't have any desire to dump the Droid for an Incredible.
    04-17-10 04:13 PM
    The nexus one is made by HTC.
    Insert incredible after HTC! Ha ha, yes they are both built by HTC ,and that is what I meant about the two being so similar, besides a few camera pixels and ram? ehh, they are more different in that the sense UI is in the incredible. I think OP is right, the phone has nothing new, and therefore the wow factor isn't there. Still a great phone though
    04-17-10 04:35 PM
    I have and use an Eris (and also love it). In light of your statement about the Incredible being an Eris on steroids, is there anything that would be worth the money for me to buy this new device? (I am already running 2.1 on mine...)
    04-17-10 06:18 PM
    I love SenseUI and liked the eris but it just felt a little underpowered so an Eris on steroids sounds good to me. I don't have any plans on going the Incredible route though. I currently have the Droid running Koush's CM 5.0.6 rom and it's pretty much perfect. And if they get the Desire port working 100% over at all-droid, I definitely won't have any desire to dump the Droid for an Incredible.
    Amen to that. And with this rom, we can install apps on our SD cards. Incredible what? lol
    04-17-10 06:24 PM
    Do you think it would have a bit more wow factor for someone who's never even picked up an android device?

04-17-10 06:51 PM
    Do you think it would have a bit more wow factor for someone who's never even picked up an android device?

Coming from a BB, yes. I honestly can't think of anything your Storm 2 can do better than an Android phone.

Coming from an iPhone or a Droid, it's just another Android phone.

Droid can be overclocked and apps can be stored on the SD card so it's not really anything mind blowing. Still a great device though.
    04-17-10 06:56 PM
    I went from Storm to Droid and constantly wonder why I didn't do it in November when it was initially released instead of waiting til January. I'm sure you don't be disappointed going from the Storm2 to the Incredible. If you haven't had the pleasure of an android experience, you'll likely be wow'd by the Incredible. Kind of like people were with the Droid and N1. If you're comfortable with or willing to learn a full touchscreen device, then the Incredible should be at the top of your list.

You may even be slightly impressed if you're using a stock Droid or Eris. But if you're running one of the overclocked custom roms like Cyanogenmod, I don't really see the Incredible as being incredible unless you go through phones like underwear. 1GHz Snapdragon? The droid has a fairly capable processor that is stable at 1GHz+. 8MP camera? MP don't mean everything, plus it's a phone, not a primary camera device. Increased app storage? One word, apps2SD. The only real benefit I see is SenseUI and that's just a matter of personal preference not to mention a fully functioning version is close to making it to the droid.
    04-17-10 07:22 PM
    I went from Storm to Droid and constantly wonder why I didn't do it in November when it was initially released instead of waiting til January. I'm sure you don't be disappointed going from the Storm2 to the Incredible. If you haven't had the pleasure of an android experience, you'll likely be wow'd by the Incredible. Kind of like people were with the Droid and N1. If you're comfortable with or willing to learn a full touchscreen device, then the Incredible should be at the top of your list.

You may even be slightly impressed if you're using a stock Droid or Eris. But if you're running one of the overclocked custom roms like Cyanogenmod, I don't really see the Incredible as being incredible unless you go through phones like underwear. 1GHz Snapdragon? The droid has a fairly capable processor that is stable at 1GHz+. 8MP camera? MP don't mean everything, plus it's a phone, not a primary camera device. Increased app storage? One word, apps2SD. The only real benefit I see is SenseUI and that's just a matter of personal preference not to mention a fully functioning version is close to making it to the droid.
    100% Agree with this

If you want a lighter phone with Sense UI out of the box, the Incredible is for you.

If you want a heavier phone with a physical keyboard and the original Android UI, Droid is for you.
    04-17-10 07:29 PM
    100% Agree with this

If you want a lighter phone with Sense UI out of the box, the Incredible is for you.

If you want a heavier phone with a physical keyboard and the original Android UI, Droid is for you.
    Excellent advice. I'll wait for the Incredible. My wife loves her droid and her son does too. But he can't live without the keyboard. My wife never opens hers. I want a lighter and smaller phone that the bricky Droid. And the sense OS.
    04-17-10 07:38 PM
    Excellent advice. I'll wait for the Incredible. My wife loves her droid and her son does too. But he can't live without the keyboard. My wife never opens hers. I want a lighter and smaller phone that the bricky Droid. And the sense OS.
    Then the Incredible is your best bet. Once you use the Android OS, you'll never wanna go back to your BB again. I tossed my 9700 to the curb...
    04-17-10 08:05 PM
    its good to know that I will probably like the android experience much better than blackberry.

But one of the things I love about my S2 is its heavier weight. But I don't really like the Droids looks and keyboard. If only the Incredible were a bit heavier :P

And though I've never used a device running it, Sense looks really nice.

But I'm really looking forward to trying one out come launch.

04-17-10 08:52 PM
    its good to know that I will probably like the android experience much better than blackberry.

But one of the things I love about my S2 is its heavier weight. But I don't really like the Droids looks and keyboard. If only the Incredible were a bit heavier :P

And though I've never used a device running it, Sense looks really nice.

But I'm really looking forward to trying one out come launch.

I know what you mean. That's what I love about my Droid. It's built outta metal and is heavy. Feels like a million dollar phone.
    04-17-10 10:16 PM
    Question: I am coming from a tour and want to get the incredible. Does it have an LED status indicator like BBs have?

04-17-10 10:28 PM
    to be honest im starting to like the droid better just for the keyboard =/ this is confusing.
    04-17-10 10:33 PM
77 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD