Motorola Droid hands on! : Boy Genius Report

wow! If this pans out, it may make me ditch my tour!
    10-19-09 02:20 AM
    Looking really good. Might have to ditch my phone as well!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-09 04:13 AM
    I'm curious; how does Android do with the things that BB business users are accustomed to? I need a good camera and decent display on my work phone, but also need to be able to handle a lot of email and turn messages around quickly. I currently use BIS with my work account, so it's a matter of the security as well as how well the push service works.

I'd been holding out hope that I'd be able to get a Storm2 to replace my 8830, but if this is going to have comparable features and service, should I be bringing this up as an option to my IT guy?
    10-19-09 07:54 AM
    I'm curious; how does Android do with the things that BB business users are accustomed to? I need a good camera and decent display on my work phone, but also need to be able to handle a lot of email and turn messages around quickly. I currently use BIS with my work account, so it's a matter of the security as well as how well the push service works.

I'd been holding out hope that I'd be able to get a Storm2 to replace my 8830, but if this is going to have comparable features and service, should I be bringing this up as an option to my IT guy?
    For business u may wanna stick with the S2
    10-19-09 03:54 PM
    From what I've heard Android push is central to gmail imap idle...
    10-19-09 04:11 PM
    Already giving my storm to my daughter an was thinking of the omnia2 an now I'm not sure if the Droid would be better ?
    10-19-09 08:44 PM
    For business u may wanna stick with the S2
    Can you provide any details? What would it not do that the S2 or other BB does?
    Last edited by OCD SS; 10-19-09 at 08:49 PM. Reason: So the second sentance is an actual sentance.
    10-19-09 08:48 PM
    Interesting device but Im not thrilled with the idea of a slider. I have never touched one that seemed solid enough to own.
    10-19-09 10:30 PM
    Can you provide any details? What would it not do that the S2 or other BB does?
    As far as email goes u can probably get push email with a google account.
    But as far as say a yahoo account may not offer the same.
    The Droid for vzw has a pretty good camera along with high screen resolution.
    I think the biggest thing about the droid is that it is an open source.
    Meaning to me that u can slap just about anything on it. Hope this helps.
    Yes I would ask your IT guy as well
    10-20-09 12:10 PM
    Already giving my storm to my daughter an was thinking of the omnia2 an now I'm not sure if the Droid would be better ?
    Omnia2 as well; I am looking at the Droid hard though.
    10-20-09 12:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD