In the past months, I can no longer hear from the earpiece when using the phone so I needed to use the speaker. Keypad sometimes starts trying on its own or deletes what I type. Last weekend the space bar fell off and disappeared! Not to mention the 32GB storage is was not longer sufficient.

So after searching for a replacement for the past months, I have finally found a "suitable" replacement. Wanted to get the 5 III but I've read that the 888 Chipset isn't good and also some "minor" issues so I've decided on a refurbish 5 II for a fraction of the price.
    2nd choice would have been the Pixel 6.

Category on what "I" wanted.
    1) Not a Chinese company
    2) Headphone Jack - I have wireless earphones but I fly often and I like the wired earphones
    3) Tool less removal of SIM/SD tray!!! - Again I travel often I'd like to switch the SIM card easier.
    4) SD card, I have 512 uSD store my Spotify music and pics/vids
    5) Compact size easy for one hand
    6) Good camera - Better with the pro apps
    7) Not Apple or Samsung
    8) Bonus came with charging brick.

I have installed the BlackBerry Launcher and it feels "at home"

Will most likely subscribe to the Hub+ I understand lots of people no longer like it but so far I'm ok with it until such time I'm done or a much better options is around.

One challenges I have is that I can no longer type as fast as I used too with the PKB.
    dmlis likes this.
    01-05-22 08:04 AM
    In the past months, I can no longer hear from the earpiece when using the phone so I needed to use the speaker. Keypad sometimes starts trying on its own or deletes what I type. Last weekend the space bar fell off and disappeared! Not to mention the 32GB storage is was not longer sufficient.

So after searching for a replacement for the past months, I have finally found a "suitable" replacement. Wanted to get the 5 III but I've read that the 888 Chipset isn't good and also some "minor" issues so I've decided on a refurbish 5 II for a fraction of the price.

1) Not a Chinese company
    2) Headphone Jack - I have wireless earphones but I fly often and I like the wired earphones
    3) Tool less removal of SIM/SD tray!!! - Again I travel often I'd like to switch the SIM card easier.
    4) SD card, I have 512 uSD store my Spotify music and pics/vids
    5) Compact size easy for one hand
    7) Not Apple or Samsung

I have installed the BlackBerry Launcher and it feels "at home"

Will most likely subscribe to the Hub+ I understand lots of people no longer like it but so far I'm ok with it until such time I'm done or a much better options is around.

One challenges I have is that I can no longer type as fast as I used too with the PKB.
    I also went with Sony but I purchased the Xperia 1 III. So far so good, and I also installed the BB launcher. My only issue with the BB launcher is you are not able to use the multi-window switch feature.
    01-05-22 08:15 AM
    I also went with Sony but I purchased the Xperia 1 III. So far so good, and I also installed the BB launcher. My only issue with the BB launcher is you are not able to use the multi-window switch feature.
    So I just noticed.
    Ahhh yes multi window was wondering how to call it lol.

Is there another way to have the tile recent apps or multi-window.
    Last edited by Brai7; 01-05-22 at 09:08 AM.
    01-05-22 08:43 AM
    So I just noticed.
    Ahhh yes multi window was wondering how to call it lol.

Is there another way to have the tile recent apps or multi-window.
    I have not figured it out yet, but if I do, I will update you.
    01-05-22 11:14 AM

[snip]

I gifted myself a pair of inexpensive wireless ear buds. What specifically do you like about wired vs wireless?

What pro apps?

Nice! Where did you buy? Link?
    01-05-22 12:14 PM
    I actually don't have the link right since my fiancee ordered it for me.
    She did most of the stuff since its in German. Saw it in eBay Germany and I'm currently in Germany from Canada.
    01-10-22 11:47 AM