I am such a happy camper comming from a storm to the almighty DROID im still trying to figure out how to use it, any tips on what to download
    04-26-10 12:49 PM
    Ahh, yes, ditching the storm is so freeing! Been there! Download helix launcher (not the second version) and enjoy 7 screens!
    04-26-10 01:19 PM
    Ahh, yes, ditching the storm is so freeing! Been there! Download helix launcher (not the second version) and enjoy 7 screens!
    yeah true, but it looks like that OP refuse to ditch storm..
    04-26-10 01:21 PM
    yeah it look like that OP refuse to ditch storm..
    Ya know, if you travel, it is good to keep on standby
    04-26-10 01:22 PM
    Good device, but take it back and get the Incredible. I'm guessing full touchscreen isn't an issue for you
    04-26-10 01:23 PM
    Good device, but take it back and get the Incredible. I'm guessing full touchscreen isn't an issue for you
    I can't bame him for not waiting having a Storm can make one fell soooooo
    neeedy
    04-26-10 01:27 PM
    I can't bame him for not waiting having a Storm can make one fell soooooo
    neeedy
    lol true but im searching websites trying to find out how to add my contacts from my storm but im having trouble. anyone can help?
    04-26-10 01:44 PM
    lol true but im searching websites trying to find out how to add my contacts from my storm but im having trouble. anyone can help?
    In google sync................
    04-26-10 01:46 PM
    No. Keep the Droid and install CyanogendMod 5.0.6.2 so you can store apps on your 16GB SD card.
    04-26-10 01:54 PM
    In google sync................
    my Storm is already disconnected from the service
    04-26-10 01:56 PM
    Use desktop manager, export contacts to a .csv and import them into google.
    04-26-10 02:00 PM
    Use desktop manager, export contacts to a .csv and import them into google.
    going to try that now i hope it works
    04-26-10 02:06 PM
    No. Keep the Droid and install CyanogendMod 5.0.6.2 so you can store apps on your 16GB SD card.
    The "CyanogendMod 5.0.6.2" you refer to, is there/will there be a version for the Incredible/EVO?
    04-26-10 02:22 PM
    The "CyanogendMod 5.0.6.2" you refer to, is there/will there be a version for the Incredible/EVO?
    probably. i think the evo will soon be rooted once it's available. and cyanogenmod isn't the only rom that has apps2sd. other roms have it too. i just prefer to use cyanogen.
    04-26-10 02:24 PM
    probably. i think the evo will soon be rooted once it's available. and cyanogenmod isn't the only rom that has apps2sd. other roms have it too. i just prefer to use cyanogen.
    Oh I see...I've read/heard nothing but good things about that ROM too. I'll be patient & go with the cyanogen once a version becomes available for the EVO.
    04-26-10 02:31 PM
    i have to root my droid first in order to do that right lol?
    04-26-10 02:36 PM
    yeah, CM is probably the best non-SenseUI rom available for the Droid and N1. Think he tends to work with HTC devices so it shouldn't take long once it gets rooted.

^ root, install rom manager and flash clockwork mod recovery inside the app. Then you can either use the paid version and install it that way or manual install it from the link at the website

good read for any first timers
    Attention First-Time Rom Flashers! - CyanogenMod Forum
    Last edited by PJnc284; 04-26-10 at 02:47 PM.
    04-26-10 02:36 PM
    yeah, CM is probably the best non-SenseUI rom available for the Droid and N1. Think he tends to work with HTC devices so it shouldn't take long once it gets rooted.

^ root, install rom manager and flash clockwork mod recovery inside the app. Then you can either use the paid version and install it that way or manual install it from the link at the website

good read for any first timers
    Attention First-Time Rom Flashers! - CyanogenMod Forum
    thanks but also im still having trouble transfering my contacts from my storm from my droid. i tried when the post said and i can't seem to figure it out any help
    04-26-10 03:03 PM
    What part are you having problems with. I don't have have desktop manager set up but from what I remember, all you do is go into sychronize, go to the settings for the address book sync. Where you can choose outlook, it should also have an option for ascii file or something like that. For the filename, just call it contacts.csv. Once you sync, that file can be imported into gmail.
    04-26-10 03:21 PM
    Figured it out decided to do it manually but also what is the benefits of having a rooted device?
    04-26-10 05:21 PM
    Figured it out decided to do it manually but also what is the benefits of having a rooted device?
    haxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    04-26-10 05:23 PM
    Running a OS setup tailored to just what you want, being able to pull out stock apps you never use, adding stuff in that is stock on other phones, metamorph themes, wireless tether, overclocking, turning the LEDs off at night, Titanium Backup (which backs up ALL your apps as well as their data making a wipe effortless and only runs on rooted devices), and the list goes on.
    04-26-10 06:09 PM
    Running a OS setup tailored to just what you want, being able to pull out stock apps you never use, adding stuff in that is stock on other phones, metamorph themes, wireless tether, overclocking, turning the LEDs off at night, Titanium Backup (which backs up ALL your apps as well as their data making a wipe effortless and only runs on rooted devices), and the list goes on.
    thanks for the info im reading about how to root and its very confusing looks like i won't get this done tonight lol
    04-26-10 06:53 PM
    rooting is the easiest part. Luckily you don't have to do everything manually. Just follow the instructions at Obtaining Root | Root Your Droid or download dmupdater by going to http://downloads.droidmod.org/dmupdater-11.apk on your phone. Open the app and it should ask you to root and you'll be able to flash SPRecovery which you need to flash custom roms.

You'll need a different recovery image if you go the cyanogen mod route, so you can download Rom Manager from the market and it'll allow you to flash clockwork mod recovery and install other roms that require that image. The app also allows you to flash back to SPRecovery if you decide you want to install a rom that requires it. There are two versions of rom manager in the market: the paid version will allow you to download the roms and kernels from the apps and notify you of rom updates while you have to do everything manually on the free one.
    04-26-10 07:25 PM
    thanks for the info im reading about how to root and its very confusing looks like i won't get this done tonight lol
    This was the method I used and it was EASY. You should have no trouble with this.

Obtaining Root | Root Your Droid

Once you're rooted, I suggest going into the market and getting RomManager. It makes flashing roms easy as pie. If you select Cyanogen, make sure that you DO check Google Apps when it asks. (That's your market and such.) Also, you DO want to wipe when you install. You will have to sign into gmail and such again like you did when you first got the phone, but it is essential for the rom to run right.

Edit: Haha, PJnc284 posted the same guide while I was typing. Told ya it was a great guide! LOL
    Last edited by lissa5168; 04-26-10 at 07:39 PM.
    04-26-10 07:31 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD