Do me a favor....take a picture with both, put them on a computer and you will see. Please be honest with what you see.

On the phone, they look so so, on the computer, it is complete crap on the Droid.
    I disagree 10000% I don't know what is wrong with your Droid

But here is a picture I took that is up on the website for the dog rescue I volunteer at.

YES this is taken with my DROID running 2.0 before the 2.0.1
    12-13-09 03:47 AM
    Neither my Droid or my Storm take that great of pics to be honest and both are pretty slow BUT the Droid's vid cam is 500 times better than my Storms. I was shocked at how nice the quality is on the Droid. One thing i noticed on both the phones is they take much better pics in natural sunlight.
    12-13-09 05:58 AM
    I have both, and a tour and curve...to be honest, the phones primary function for me are not a camera. But for things like posting to facebook, I think they all do a decent job.
    12-13-09 08:40 AM
    I'm not sure of the point of this thread. Fernie, are you looking for help in making either of the android phones better for you or are you just complaining about why they don't work for you?

For email there are several replacement apps that are better and have more features (including customizable font). The standard droid email app is lacking, but I expect it will get better over time. The available 3rd party email apps are very good though.

Picture taking really isn't much of a contest. In well lit scenes the pictures from the droid are simply better. No other way to put it. Maybe your droid had a bad camera or dirty lens, but if you take 5 droids and 5 storm2 the droids will take better pictures 90% of the time.

As for the keyboards, there are several replacement options there too. The physical keyboard is an acquired taste.

All in all, I can see how some people would rather stick with something they're familiar with...like the bb platform. In those cases it's easy to highlight what you don't like about another phone, doesn't mean what you see as shortcomings with droids don't have viable solutions that really make the phone much better. You're not stuck with what you get out of the box like on a bb. There are many apps and customizations that improve the user experience. But like I said earlier, it might just be easier to stick with what's familiar and simple for you. Good luck with it.

Final thoughts...the android phones are in their infancy and they are already on par or better than the long time established rank and file smart phones out there. There's only upside to be had.
    12-13-09 09:50 AM
    The droid camera is only useful in pefect conditions. And no, it doesn't take better pictures of the either of the Storms. The Droid will take one good picture out of ten. It's a bad camera....period.
    12-13-09 09:52 AM
    What e-mail apps allow font sizing? I basically only have that one gripe. Can you tell me which one? I can not find one in the market place.

For email there are several replacement apps that are better and have more features (including customizable font). The standard droid email app is lacking, but I expect it will get better over time. The available 3rd party email apps are very good though.
    12-13-09 09:58 AM
    The droid camera is only useful in pefect conditions. And no, it doesn't take better pictures of the either of the Storms. The Droid will take one good picture out of ten. It's a bad camera....period.
    So your questionable experience means all droids take bad pictures?

I see you're not interested in being reasonable. Nevermind the fact I have both storms and the droid. Shame on me for giving you the benefit of a doubt. Good day sir.
    12-13-09 10:10 AM
    What e-mail apps allow font sizing? I basically only have that one gripe. Can you tell me which one? I can not find one in the market place.
    Try exchange by touchdown. It has options to select font size. It is a paid app, but has a trial period. You can also go to droidforums.net and check the applications forum for more info on other email apps. Good luck.
    12-13-09 10:13 AM
    i tried the motorola droid AGAIN since launch date and no go 2 bad units the first time, 3 the second!

My first had a very loose slider that would open on its own and a burned out home button. My second one when I placed into the dock, would dim the screen and flash its lights until I removed the battery. And my third one had the burned out home button again. I gave up Great phone, maybe my store has a bad batch? I forgot to write down anything about the phone in the "about" section.

edit: forgot to mention, the first and third wouldn't send video (even set to lower quality MMS 30 seconds) or pictures! It said file size to big!
    12-13-09 10:18 AM
    Decided to keep the Eris over the Droid and Storm.
    12-13-09 10:47 PM
    Decided to keep the Eris over the Droid and Storm.
    Really? I had Moto Droid but took it back - I disliked having to constantly turn it on, swipe to unlock, instead of just remove from holster. Also bluetooth doesn't work with my Ford Fusion Hybrid - fails to connect the A2DP almost every time, and pause/resume are very laggy. Also missed the dedicated phone and pause keys.

I am thinking of getting the Storm 2 but its got some annoyances too. Slow browsing. And, it seems to require you to select "get images" every time you open an email? What's up with that!

I like the Eris too. How is the battery life on it?
    12-13-09 11:21 PM
    Guys, stop with the negativity on the Droid. Its not for everyone and it has its flaws just like any other phone. Storm2 and iPhone has a lot more flaws I think. That's my humble opinion.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-14-09 08:38 AM
    Guys, stop with the negativity on the Droid. Its not for everyone and it has its flaws just like any other phone. Storm2 and iPhone has a lot more flaws I think. That's my humble opinion.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    No, don't stop with the constructive criticism. There's been tons of positive comments about the Droid, and some negatives too. The negs have included having to wake it up every time with a swipe (evidently no workaround), takes too long getting to the phone app to call, email bugs or problems (esp with Yahoo), the typing thing (probably similar to iPhone and other touchscreens for rookies), the brick factor (it is what it is, the thing does not get bigger/heavier after you take it home lol), and it's complicated to set up and use (some people like simple-like the iPhone and BB's OS) and not way to increase the email font. Some had problems with the camera that may have been a software bug at first. That's what I've been reading so far.
    12-14-09 10:39 AM
    I stayed with the Eris for many reasons.

1. I can adjust the e-mail font to where it is usable for me.

2. The browser for the sites I go to load up just as quickly as the Droid....CNN, Fox News, Crackberry.

3. Camera has no flash but it takes better pictures then either the Droid or Storm.

4. It is small and lightweight.

5. Battery is ok once you get it configured correctly. An extended battery is in the works from what I hear. I will for sure pick one up.

6. Call quality is fantastic on the HTC.

There are other reasons as well but you get my drift. I think that once the Eris gets the navigation app the phone will be close to what the Droid is now.
    12-14-09 11:00 AM
    I stayed with the Eris for many reasons.

1. I can adjust the e-mail font to where it is usable for me.

2. The browser for the sites I go to load up just as quickly as the Droid....CNN, Fox News, Crackberry.

3. Camera has no flash but it takes better pictures then either the Droid or Storm.

4. It is small and lightweight.

5. Battery is ok once you get it configured correctly. An extended battery is in the works from what I hear. I will for sure pick one up.

6. Call quality is fantastic on the HTC.

There are other reasons as well but you get my drift. I think that once the Eris gets the navigation app the phone will be close to what the Droid is now.
    Why not the Storm?
    12-14-09 09:17 PM
    Why not the Storm?
    The Storm browser just kills me. I just hate it everytime I use it. Otherwise, a nice phone. The Eris will do just fine.
    12-14-09 10:33 PM
    The Storm browser just kills me. I just hate it everytime I use it. Otherwise, a nice phone. The Eris will do just fine.
    At the end of the day, the berry browser is just brutal once you've used something else. The Pre, the Jesusphone, the droid/eris, they all have 'real" browsers, not the mess that RIM has chosen to install.

And no, I'm not bashing the berry. I loved my curve, liked my storm most of the time, and loved my tour. But, in the 2 weeks I've had my droid, I realize just how much I was settling.

On a related note, I turned my 7200 series on today, for giggles, and realized something...aside from the obvious updating of screens, its essentially the same OS as the tour was. Yikes.
    12-14-09 11:52 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD