I am currently a storm 1 user, thinking about upgrading to the droid. I have several questions.

1) The Moto Droid has better specs than the Eris, but when I tried the phones in the store it seemed to me that the Moto Droid was far slower. The eris had smooth transitions, and didn't seem to lag at all. So what am I missing?

2) People keep complaining about the Eris' battery life. Is it really worse than the storm? I have to charge every night after using music player, pandora, web, etc. regularly.

3) Is there an activation fee from Verizon for upgrading phones? I read on their site that they have free activation right now... again, did I miss something?

Thanks, and I really hope you guys can help me decide whether or not I should make the leap.
    Last edited by zigzackattck; 11-28-09 at 04:00 PM.
    11-28-09 03:56 PM
    1) There is no reason why the Droid's screen scrolling lags, as you've noted, the specs are better. Therefore, the scrolling issues are most likely due to the OS, and will most likely be addressed/fixed in OS updates.
    11-28-09 04:15 PM
    If you use the crap out of the Eris (like i do) it will need to be charged every day. With normal use like a few calls and texting throughout the day ive forgotten to charge it at night and it still had like 20% left in the morning.

The Eris has the 1.5 software vs. the 2.0 on the Moto. I still opted for the Eris because it did in fact work smoother(and it was more appealing to me)
    11-28-09 04:16 PM
    the eris has the sense UI, which makes a big difference IMO.
    11-28-09 06:46 PM
    Remember the devices you are playing with in the stores have been handled by a lot of people before you did so you can't always do off of the displays. I have used both of them and they are nice but in my opinion the storm 2 is a much more functional device. The typing alone on the storm is easier and the navigation is better. It takes more steps on a android device to accomplish a task than on the storm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-09 09:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD