i change my mind back to gummyjar
    12-31-10 08:51 PM
    Rubix is suppose to be adding the rotary lock screen. I don't mind the current AOSP one.
    01-01-11 09:28 AM
    I am running rubix right now. Pretty decent. Going to run it for a day. Apex is real nice though. Going to have to try that gummyjar later and daclare a favorite
    01-01-11 09:49 AM
    Also since you guys tried Rubix and Gummy, is Gummy faster at all? Or do you just not like the missing rotary/ and the missing theme?
    01-01-11 09:57 AM
    Btw I am using the rubix themed. I am thinking I will try the GB stock theme one.
    01-01-11 10:02 AM
    Btw I am using the rubix themed. I am thinking I will try the GB stock theme one.
    I use the GB stock theme one. I really like the GB theme better than the standard black bar mods now.
    01-01-11 10:04 AM
    The black bar mods are actually driving me a little batty lol.
    01-01-11 10:14 AM
    Also since you guys tried Rubix and Gummy, is Gummy faster at all? Or do you just not like the missing rotary/ and the missing theme?
    GummyJar 2.5 is faster than RubiX 1.9.5, especially the browser.

I believe RubiX 1.9.5 is based off GummyJar 2.1, because the themes need to be GummyJar 2.1 themes to run on RubiX 1.9.5
    01-01-11 04:08 PM
    Camera and video are fine for me. I haven't used the HDMI port in a while so I couldn't tell you that (can't find my HDMI cable). I use SwiftKey, but the Gingerbread keyboard is great as well. Apex is good but I don't consider it in the same league as RubiX, Gummy and Obsidian.
    So I have ran rubix for a day, and I must say, the battery life on apex is a little better, and the ROM is definitely faster than rubix. rubix definitely has the best looking animation transitions and they are the smoothest. I put apex in the same league as the three; however, I am going to run gummy jar and possibly obsidian, but my sig is staying for now
    01-01-11 08:04 PM
    Rubix and Apex have working blur cameras. Big bonus. I am getting ready to run the gummy bear, and if that camera looks 2.1, off it goes, and an Apex running fool I will be.
    01-01-11 08:59 PM
    before this thread dies, thank you all for the help! Especially Mr X and OG himself. I have run all the ROMs I need to and Apex is the epitome of what a kick *** ROM is.

GummyJar: Old 2.1 camera/video and my GF got 7 text from one output! Yikes! It is fast, and the transitions are nice and subtle. Fresh scripts, and fresh period.

RubiX: Solid. The percent indicator on the battery in the NP is tacky, and I don't think it has the best battery life (ran themed only) though that could be placebo. Slowest of them all (IMO) but smooth, yes smooth.

Apex: Winner by several stones. Just enough blur to sync all the accounts plus my space, picasa, photo bucket, twitter, skype, email (besides yahoo corporate and gmail which are all synced on every ROM, but other major players only show on Apex. Apex has the REAL sized GB keyboard. Non of this stretched weird stuff (size does matter weird crud) Jeez, it is a 4.3 X, WTH make the Keyboard bigger on other roms (thank you Fabulous for keeping it real.) Apex is fastest. Wicked fast. If you haven't run the latest, you be missing. I think the battery life on apex is the best, though I did not give GJ a fair chance there because of text bugs and old camera tech (the X camera needs the latest, it is to good to be stuck with old software) The Apex transition animations are unique and the best. My sig stay true, and Apex is the vertex: the highest point (of something); "at the peak of the pyramid" the bugless best for me. I think all the ROMS I have tried so far, hold a candle strong and have their individual strengths, but I am so picky, I am annal retentive. Apex gets my official stamp of the best ******* ROM out! Peace.....

Apex is the only ROM that didn't revert to that gawd awful plus minus bar on the screen for zooming. That is tacky I think, and Apex ROMs don't revert there either. Happy ROM running fellow X geniuses : )
    01-02-11 12:03 AM
    Apex is pretty sweet. I like the blur transitions. I also like fission too. Fast and snappy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-02-11 07:13 AM
    GummyJar 2.5 is faster than RubiX 1.9.5, especially the browser.

I believe RubiX 1.9.5 is based off GummyJar 2.1, because the themes need to be GummyJar 2.1 themes to run on RubiX 1.9.5
    Running Gummy for the past day and it is veyr fast. It is basically identical to rubix for me.

I am keeping the stock theme (Gingerbread), but I am kind of disappointed. I thought the battery on the stock theme was going to show the % in the icon.
    01-02-11 03:08 PM
    before this thread dies, thank you all for the help! Especially Mr X and OG himself. I have run all the ROMs I need to and Apex is the epitome of what a kick *** ROM is.

GummyJar: Old 2.1 camera/video and my GF got 7 text from one output! Yikes! It is fast, and the transitions are nice and subtle. Fresh scripts, and fresh period.

RubiX: Solid. The percent indicator on the battery in the NP is tacky, and I don't think it has the best battery life (ran themed only) though that could be placebo. Slowest of them all (IMO) but smooth, yes smooth.

Apex: Winner by several stones. Just enough blur to sync all the accounts plus my space, picasa, photo bucket, twitter, skype, email (besides yahoo corporate and gmail which are all synced on every ROM, but other major players only show on Apex. Apex has the REAL sized GB keyboard. Non of this stretched weird stuff (size does matter weird crud) Jeez, it is a 4.3 X, WTH make the Keyboard bigger on other roms (thank you Fabulous for keeping it real.) Apex is fastest. Wicked fast. If you haven't run the latest, you be missing. I think the battery life on apex is the best, though I did not give GJ a fair chance there because of text bugs and old camera tech (the X camera needs the latest, it is to good to be stuck with old software) The Apex transition animations are unique and the best. My sig stay true, and Apex is the vertex: the highest point (of something); "at the peak of the pyramid" the bugless best for me. I think all the ROMS I have tried so far, hold a candle strong and have their individual strengths, but I am so picky, I am annal retentive. Apex gets my official stamp of the best ******* ROM out! Peace.....

Apex is the only ROM that didn't revert to that gawd awful plus minus bar on the screen for zooming. That is tacky I think, and Apex ROMs don't revert there either. Happy ROM running fellow X geniuses : )
    Congrats on finding the right ROM. They all run differently for different devices, that's why Apex is no good for me but great for you. I'm happy you found the perfect one for you though.
    Johnly likes this.
    01-02-11 03:09 PM
    ApeX 1.3.1 would shutdown in the middle of an app and return me to the homescreen with no messages or error messages. Happened more than once while on the forums and while playing Angry Birds. Tranquility 3.6.0 did this as well.

Johnly, I'm glad you found a rom to your liking, as long as you're happy that's the only thing that counts.
    Johnly likes this.
    01-02-11 05:17 PM
    I need to figure out what app is randomly turning on my screen. This happened to me with RubiX as well. The screen will be off and then it will randomly turn on and there is no notification or anything.
    01-02-11 05:33 PM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD