Woohoo! If you don't already have Rom Manager installed on your Fascinate, do it now, and you can install a custom recovery. This is just another step in the right direction. It won't be long now before we see some custom ROMs.
    09-20-10 02:51 PM
    thats great news it proves the android dev community is solid
    09-20-10 02:54 PM
    Awesome news! I'm about to get the Fascinate over the Incredible, and I'm hoping that some custom roms will be up soon! Unless there are some, and I'm just not seeing them.
    09-20-10 03:11 PM
    Awesome news! I'm about to get the Fascinate over the Incredible, and I'm hoping that some custom roms will be up soon! Unless there are some, and I'm just not seeing them.
    theres a guy over at xda working on a rom now
    09-20-10 03:14 PM
    AWESOME!!! I need to get onto the xda forums and keep watching for it
    09-20-10 03:16 PM
    Woohoo! If you don't already have Rom Manager installed on your Fascinate, do it now, and you can install a custom recovery. This is just another step in the right direction. It won't be long now before we see some custom ROMs.
    You're talking the ROM Manager that is on the Android market correct?
    Thanks for the info......
    I knew it had to be coming soon
    09-20-10 03:27 PM
    Apparently, this is not quite the whole deal, yet, but a band-aid. Here is the thread over at XDA, [test] recovery-replaced I500 kernel - xda-developers. Things are certainly starting to look up.
    09-20-10 03:30 PM
    I'm just gonna sit tight til everything gets straightened out, and made simple stupid for the fake a$$ geeks like myself.
    It will be nice to get all the unnecessary stuff off the phone thogh.
    Hopefully someone will test to see if the front facing camera can be activated.
    09-20-10 03:34 PM
    Hopefully someone will test to see if the front facing camera can be activated.
    Wait...what?
    09-20-10 03:38 PM
    Wait...what?
    Look at the very front of the phone lok very closely.
    That appears to be a lens, all the others have it on the other carriers.
    It just might be a custom ROM to activate it.
    Unless VZ instructed to put nothing there...
    Look just to the left of your speaker
    09-20-10 03:41 PM
    The Galaxy S has a front facing camera
    09-20-10 03:42 PM
    Look at the very front of the phone lok very closely.
    That appears to be a lens, all the others have it on the other carriers.
    It just might be a custom ROM to activate it.
    Unless VZ instructed to put nothing there...
    Look just to the left of your speaker
    The Galaxy S has a front facing camera
    Yea I know the Galaxy S has it. Just like the Epic and I believe one of the Canadian versions?

I don't think Samsung would just include it in there but not put it to use. That is a waste of money and resources. Also, hasn't this device been torn down (just like the other variants) and confirmed it wasn't in there?

This just makes no sense. There would have been headline news on blog sites that it is there but unable to be used.

You sure it's a lens and not the proximity sensor? Also, isn't the Camera on the right side of the speaker on the Epic and Euro GS?
    09-20-10 03:46 PM
    Yea I know the Galaxy S has it. Just like the Epic and I believe one of the Canadian versions?

I don't think Samsung would just include it in there but not put it to use. That is a waste of money and resources. Also, hasn't this device been torn down (just like the other variants) and confirmed it wasn't in there?

This just makes no sense. There would have been headline news on blog sites that it is there but unable to be used.

You sure it's a lens and not the proximity sensor? Also, isn't the Camera on the right side of the speaker on the Epic and Euro GS?

See I don't know, I'm just guessing.....
    But u are probably right cause if u look at the original u see three holes instead of one. My bad

Samsung Galaxy S Coming Soon With Front-Facing Camera | CoolTechZone.com
    09-20-10 03:49 PM
    It would be awesome if it was there for you to unlock, but if you are saying all the other variants have it as well, then I'm sure the Vibrant/Captivate developers would have found out something already. Has to be the proximity sensor or something. Like I said, the tech blogs would have torn this apart real quick.
    09-20-10 03:55 PM
    It's the proximity sensor or the light sensor Trendy.
    09-20-10 04:22 PM
    It's the proximity sensor or the light sensor Trendy.
    I realized it after I looked at the pics. Also a coworker has the Sprint version and when I looked at his it was a doh moment....
    It was a senior moment ok...
    09-20-10 06:43 PM
    I realized it after I looked at the pics. Also a coworker has the Sprint version and when I looked at his it was a doh moment....
    its okay mistakes happens
    09-20-10 06:51 PM
    Ok, guys. Recovery is up and running. Takes all of about 5 minutes to do. Get the needed files, and follow the instructions from here, Clockworkmod installation how to - xda-developers.

Yee-freakin-haw! The ball is rolling, and the best is yet to come.
    09-20-10 08:49 PM
    Hey as long as you are human then mistakes are ok. If you are secretly a bot, then shame on you!
    09-21-10 01:25 AM
    Ok, guys. Recovery is up and running. Takes all of about 5 minutes to do. Get the needed files, and follow the instructions from here, Clockworkmod installation how to - xda-developers.

Yee-freakin-haw! The ball is rolling, and the best is yet to come.
    Spot, I should release the framework you wanted in this thread sometime tomorrow. I know you were interested, just have to get permission from ludeboy first lol.

Fully Themed Lock Screen [WIP] - xda-developers
    09-21-10 03:26 AM
    Very cool, thank you.
    09-21-10 06:18 AM
    Hey as long as you are human then mistakes are ok. If you are secretly a bot, then shame on you!
    No an android...........
    09-21-10 09:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD