Hey Fellow Droider's,

I got the Facebook widget on one of my screens and it has not updated at all since install.

I set it to update every 5 or so min, I have removed it and re installed it with no luck.

I'm sure someone knows what the deal is...

So, if you got a answer or idea, let it rip...

Moose
    11-18-09 05:18 PM
    Wow you get it to update every 5. My options starts at updating at every 30 minutes. Are you using a 3rd party fb widget?
    11-18-09 05:20 PM
    I guess 5 is incorrect, it's probably 30 or the most frequent allowed...

It just hasn't updated once.
    11-18-09 05:22 PM
    So I went to Settings> Accounts & sync> Clicked on Facebook> Clicked on Menu> Sync now. That worked but i have a feeling its still not going to update properly.

Anyone else having this kind of issue?
    11-18-09 05:27 PM
    I just looked im not getting my facebook notifications either! Dam
    11-18-09 05:35 PM
    The only notifications I've gotten are "new friend request" and "pokes". These are the only two that have ever shown in the actual notification bar. All others come via text message. It will be nice when its updated and all notifications show in notification bar.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-09 06:11 PM
    Mine updated for like the first 6 hours I had it installed.

Has not updated after I used Advanced Task Killer .. even after re-install, opening, etc..
    11-18-09 07:47 PM
    I have a Droid, and my girlfriend has a Tour, and we're both experiencing some severe mobile Facebook lag.
    11-18-09 07:59 PM
    Hmm. Were you guys also not able to use Palringo to connect to Facebook chat?
    11-18-09 08:01 PM
    I've never gotten a FB update in the taskbar ever. I just did the sync, maybe that'll fix it, but I doubt it. I just think the Android FB app is poorly done. Maybe they'll fix it. Don't hold your breath?
    11-18-09 08:38 PM
    After i choose to manually sync now for Facebook it's been pretty good at updating. Try it if you are having update issues.
    11-19-09 08:05 AM
    the only option i seen when i tried to manually sync..was sync contacts??
    11-19-09 09:44 AM
    I believe you have to set that up first before you can do a manual sync. You can choose not to sync contacts. Then when you click on the facebook bar in the Accounts and Sync tab you hit menu and the only option is sync now. I believe you are hitting the facebook icon instead of going to the sync menu.
    11-19-09 10:09 AM
    and that is why i just go to touch.facebook.com....better than the facebook widget.
    11-19-09 10:14 AM
    With the Facebook Widget i don't have to go anywhere. It is on one of my screens and has been updating perfectly after a sync.
    11-19-09 10:18 AM
    Weird. Guess I will have to try another sync.
    11-19-09 02:30 PM
    What do we consider "updating"? I'd like it to give me notifications just like the messaging, emails, and some other app(weatherbug for instance). I just went in a did settings>accounts & syns>click on facebook>sync contacts>menu>sync now.

Then the wheel spins for a while and its done. Is that supposed to make it update with notifications?
    11-19-09 07:56 PM
    i stopped using the facebook widget (i think its kinda garbage even when it does work), but i have not been getting any notifications. I wonder when they will fix it. And since it came on the phone and we cant even uninstall it, will it show up to update in the market?
    11-19-09 08:11 PM
    The only notifications I've gotten are "new friend request" and "pokes". These are the only two that have ever shown in the actual notification bar. All others come via text message. It will be nice when its updated and all notifications show in notification bar.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Same.

Those are the only two I'm getting as well.
    11-19-09 10:06 PM
    The sync I did above didn't work. I'm still not getting notifications in the status bar for comments.
    11-19-09 10:22 PM
    Anyone else have Youtube Issues? I will check youtube everyday or so and the Main startup page will not be of the current day...

How to you update YouTube?

Moose...
    11-20-09 07:28 AM
    Anyone have a solution?
    11-20-09 03:29 PM
    Do all the Droid owners out there know that there is plastic on the back of the slider? Remove it and it will improve the sliding function. It is not there for protection.
    11-20-09 05:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD