what is the deal with Facebook for Android? i keep reading about how the app is horrible. can anyone verify this and what is the future of making Facebook better for Android? how can the phones be this awesome and have one of the top social networking sites be so bad?
    07-07-10 11:48 PM
    Facebook is decent. Works better than the blackberry version. The one thing I don't like is if you click on a notification it opens it in the browser instead of in the app.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-10 03:04 AM
    Facebook is decent. Works better than the blackberry version. The one thing I don't like is if you click on a notification it opens it in the browser instead of in the app.

How can you say it works better than facebook for blackberry? The blackberry version is leaps and bounds better than the android version. It is the only thing I can say that I miss about my blackberry.
    07-08-10 07:17 AM
    How can you say it works better than facebook for blackberry? The blackberry version is leaps and bounds better than the android version. It is the only thing I can say that I miss about my blackberry.
    I agree. I like how the bb app you get your notifications quickly. With the fb app for android I never get my notifications. When it send them to me it says I have an invite. But I never have an invite. It is always something else and then I have to go find it.
    07-08-10 12:07 PM
    Um no its not. And I used both at the same time, Storm and Droid. BB Facebook is crap. Its as slow as frozen molasses in January and doesnt have the clean interface or interaction that Android version has.

Above that though, I actually have it on my iPhone 4 and the iPhone version is better than using it on a computer. It does everything the computer version does but in a smaller streamlined package.
    07-08-10 12:43 PM
    From my experience, android does it better than blackberry.

07-08-10 12:55 PM
    I think the android version of facebook is way better, my BB version works half the time and is slow as ****
    07-08-10 12:57 PM
    Yeah facebook for Android does need work. Overall I think it's better than blackberry's version but blackberry is better with the notification and responding to them. On android you have to do a lot on the mobile site and I don't like that as I never had to go their on the iPhone. The iPhone version is the best. Hopefully Android version get updated over the next couple months.
    07-08-10 01:45 PM
    Yeah, the Facebook app for Android is decent and like others said, it could use some improvements. From what I've heard, there are better FB apps in the market but I haven't been bothered to try them yet.

I never tried the FB app when I had a BB so I can't comment on that.
    the iPhone version is better than using it on a computer. It does everything the computer version does but in a smaller streamlined package.
    How can the mobile version be better than the desktop version?
    07-08-10 02:21 PM
    Its 50/50 for everyone it seems like. I do just fine with the Android versioin, and I used to own an 8330 curve that had facebook on it, and I did fine there too.

Its just the end user is what it comes down to.
    07-08-10 02:27 PM
    This facebook for android doesn't work myth needs to go to bed. If you are using facebook for android, you need to log in on facebook via your desktop, and check ALL email notifications that you want. Now your facebook app rocks like any other, except it is better on android because you get a widget and streaming FB updates. fin.
    07-08-10 02:32 PM
    This facebook for android doesn't work myth needs to go to bed. If you are using facebook for android, you need to log in on facebook via your desktop, and check ALL email notifications that you want. Now your facebook app rocks like any other, except it is better on android because you get a widget and streaming FB updates. fin.

I guess the lack of notifications is a problem for Android people, since Facebook is all about the notifications. () But still, its a decent app and works well for me!
    07-08-10 03:00 PM
    I guess the lack of notifications is a problem for Android people, since Facebook is all about the notifications. () But still, its a decent app and works well for me!
    Not for me. I get all of my notifications through the Gmail app. I just barely ever get em in the FB app. I wish they would seriously update the FB app.
    Last edited by dwe28; 07-08-10 at 03:40 PM.
    07-08-10 03:20 PM
    How can the mobile version be better than the desktop version?
    I say that because the iPhone version can do everything the desktop version can, but its in a smaller package and is streamlined. Basically I never use the desktop version anymore.
    07-08-10 03:29 PM
    The only notifications I don't get are when someone "likes" a status. There is no option for that in facebook. I think BB will pop for those. It is a trade off there, but with a widget (that can be improved, everything can) I like the streaming "icon" status updates, if you will.

@JoJoCal19. I do have a "shortcut icon" on my 7th screen, that when tapped, opens the desktop version of facebook, and with text wrap, it is nice and streamlined too with 100% of a desktop version including farmville (my girlfriend likes that one, hehe). Yes, I have flash, and can take advantage of all that stuff too
    07-08-10 03:36 PM
    Not for me. I get all of my notifications through the Gmail app. I just barely ever get em in the FB app. I wish they would seriously update the FB app.
    Hopefully they will soon. Its up to people like us to let them know what needs to be done with the FB app.
    07-08-10 05:39 PM
    I have never gotten a notification from FB other then a friend request here and there.
    I dont know if thats a good thing or bad thing.
    I hated with my BB whenever my friend's friends replied to something, I would get all the replies and drove me nuts.
    07-09-10 08:59 AM
    Here's an example of one of the things I don't like about it. I get a friend request via email and when I open the facebook app, there's nowhere I can see the friend request or accept it. Unless I'm really missing something. The friend request doesn't even show up in my notifications. But I log on the computer and there it is. One of the things I loved about the iPhone version was I never had to go on facebook via the computer or visit the mobile site to do anything. And the notifications do need help. I guess other than that it's fine.
    07-09-10 09:12 AM
    the FB on BB is great because it handles all the notifications via message folders and can easily be replied to. No need to open the app.

FB on android works smoother in many ways but also REQUIRES use of the mobile site atleast which i never have to do with the BB. It also never has actually notifications via the facebook app hardly or they are delayed.

Put both the notifications from the BB together with the operation of the android app and you have made a compete winner app.
    07-09-10 10:37 AM
    Yeah the notifications don't really bother me. I don't like really receiving them in my inbox. I always turned that off. I really don't like going to the mobile site to do seemingly simple things that can be done on the iPhone and BB apps. In 2010, the apps are the things that make the phone a success. It doesn't matter what the hardware is if the applications are up to par. Ever try facebook on Windows 6.5..... brutal. You can't even see comments by others on post. WTH is that? The developers need to get on it with how powerful these phones are.
    07-09-10 10:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD