I'm now on my fourth Thunderbolt, and it actually works! The funny thing is, the previous three phones I received were brand new and didn't work right. This one is a refurb because I was past my 30 days. I didn't even expect the thing to turn on, so you can imagine my surprise to find that it actually worked like it should.

The problem I'm coming across is with the battery. The first two phones I received had AWESOME batteries. I could go about 16 hours with (what is to me) moderate/slightly heavy use. I couldn't figure out why everyone was complaining about bad battery life! Then when I received my third phone, that decreased drastically. With the same amount of usage, it's dead within about 6-7 hours. It seems at best, with hardly any use, I can still only get 10hours tops. And since this was a refurb I have to keep that battery. I'm wishing I had mentioned the poor battery life when I requested the new phone. I don't know if they would have given me a new one, but it would have been worth a try. Anyway, now I'm trying to decide whether to buy another standard battery as a back-up (or in hopes that maybe it will be more on par with the first two batteries I had, and just use that one all the time) or the extended battery. If I ordered another regular battery and it wasn't any better than the one I have now, I have to admit I'm not real thrilled with the idea of having to charge two batteries every night and switch them every day. But if it was better, I would much rather switch to that one and not have that huge bulge on the back of my phone. I've looked at the pictures and it just seems so big. I don't know if I'd like that. But the superior battery life is a huge plus... And I never put my phone in my pocket or a holster or anything, so it wouldn't interfere there. I just don't know if it would be comfortable to hold.

I guess I'm just wanting some feedback on it. For those of you who have the extended battery, do you find the difference in size to be a big pain? Or is it worth it? I've read this thread that was already posted http://forums.crackberry.com/f169/my...report-597717/ and that's helped some.
    05-10-11 12:13 PM
    16 hours? That must be on 3g....

I've never seen 16 hours, even with custom roms and battery saving kernels...
    05-10-11 12:47 PM
    I don't have the thunderbolt but I do use an extended battery on my incredible. I would recommend the extended battery if you can deal with the size. Good luck!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-11 12:44 AM
    I should get my extended battery tomorrow or so, so we will see if I like it better or not
    05-11-11 02:16 AM
    So far I like the extended battery a lot. It doesn't stick out as far as I thought. The lack of cases sucks though.
    05-13-11 12:13 AM
    Finally found a case for it that isn't just a stupid silicone skin with a hole cut out too...
    05-13-11 02:53 AM
    holy crap mojo! how have you been? so no more blackberry for you? lol

pm me and we can talk
    05-16-11 10:37 AM
    Case for the extended battery
    Last edited by papped; 05-24-11 at 01:29 AM.
    05-24-11 01:25 AM
    papped, I love that case. Can you please tell me where you got it?

I have the extended battery too and I love it. It's amazing.

Sent from my VZW Thunderbolt.
    05-24-11 11:32 AM
    NM, found it

HTC Thunderbolt Rubberized Case with Extended Battery Support

This is the ONLY case I've found so far that isn't just a cheap rubber skin with a hole cut out...
    Last edited by papped; 05-24-11 at 02:35 PM.
    05-24-11 02:32 PM
    That's awesome. Thanks for the link. I may get this soon. I really want an otterbox but they don't fit with the extended battery.

Sent from my VZW Thunderbolt.
    05-25-11 06:29 AM
    A skin with a hole cut out (so I can use the same skin whether I'm using a regular or extended battery) sounds perfect to me. Sounds like it might even result in the phone being about the same thickness in my pocket no matter which battery I'm using.

Got a link to one?
    05-25-11 01:56 PM
    Sure if you don't mind paying $20+ for a hand cut silicone skin that you could do yourself for $3...

HTC ThunderBolt Extended Battery Silicone Cases
    05-25-11 02:27 PM
    Ah. When you said "cheap rubber skin", I was expecting something cheap as in inexpensive.

Yeah, I'll probably just buy a very inexpensive one and cut a hole in it. At least for a first try.
    05-25-11 03:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD