Looks like I am going to have to exchange this one for another. So far today, in the 2 hours the phone has been on, it has rebooted 8 times. Yesterday I lost count. Tried factory reset and didn't install any apps to see if that helped, but it's still doing it. It reboots whenever it feels like it, both while in use and when I tap the power and slide the slider on the screen to use it. Hopefully VZ won't give me any trouble. With my luck it will probably act fine for the tech
    11-21-09 11:40 AM
    Verizon usually is very good with issues such as this, and I believe that this is a known issue with some of the Droids and that Verizon/Motorola are aware of it.
    11-21-09 01:49 PM
    They exchanged it for me without any problems. Let's hope this one is a better one. Opened up every app possible in the store and it was fine. So far, so good.
    11-21-09 03:00 PM
    Glad to hear that they exchanged it with no hassle. Now enjoy the Droid as it should be.
    11-21-09 03:11 PM
    Yep, its working great so far. Much better now. On a side note, since getting the old one packed up I went back to using my iPhone. Never thought I'd say this, but it really was disappointing. The Droid's screen is so much better. It is almost like the iphone's screen was a little blurry. There's almost much more room on the Droid's screen. I love this thing. I am so glad I exchanged my S2 for this phone.
    11-21-09 03:20 PM
    When you activated your replacement Droid, were all apps and settings transferred to your new device?
    11-21-09 03:25 PM
    Yep, its working great so far. Much better now. On a side note, since getting the old one packed up I went back to using my iPhone. Never thought I'd say this, but it really was disappointing. The Droid's screen is so much better. It is almost like the iphone's screen was a little blurry. There's almost much more room on the Droid's screen. I love this thing. I am so glad I exchanged my S2 for this phone.

Droids resolution is superior! I believe google remembers the apps and redownloads them or gives you the options to download them. "I Believe"
    11-21-09 03:40 PM
    When you activated your replacement Droid, were all apps and settings transferred to your new device?
    Apps, yes. Settings, no.
    11-21-09 03:42 PM
    why would exchange your droid
    11-21-09 03:51 PM
    That's weird. I've had my phone for about a week and not one reboot.
    11-21-09 03:57 PM
    Any apps that were purchased were automatically recognized when I went to the market. From there you just tell them to install. Free apps were not. Those I had to search for and download again. All settings for the apps I had to redo, though.
    Last edited by DRLyman; 11-21-09 at 04:13 PM.
    11-21-09 04:01 PM
    Droids resolution is superior!
    It sure is And by a long ways. It really is noticeable.
    11-21-09 04:14 PM
    why would exchange your droid
    It was rebooting itself a lot. Today 8 times in two hours. Yesterday I lost count.
    11-21-09 04:15 PM
    That's weird. I've had my phone for about a week and not one reboot.
    That is good. You definitely got a good one. I think the one I had must have just been from a bad batch or something like that.
    11-21-09 04:16 PM
    Well, it was good for a couple hours. Now the phone is rebooting about 4 times an hour. Looks like this one will have to go back, too. As bad as my Storm was, it was never this bad.
    11-21-09 09:24 PM
    have you considered one or more of your 3rd party apps might be causing the problem? if you're getting the same problem on a second phone i'd be leery of a suspect 3rd party app. some are specifically noted in the market as not being 2.0 compatible or buggy. if you can remove all the 3rd party apps and try running the phone for a day to see what happens that might help with trouble shooting. if all is good, add them back little by little until you narrow down the offending app.

i've heard of some droids having a random reboot problem, but it seems to be very limited. in the two weeks i've had my droid i might have had one random reboot that i know about. android is a pretty stable os in general compared to the blackberry os.
    11-21-09 10:01 PM
    have you considered one or more of your 3rd party apps might be causing the problem? if you're getting the same problem on a second phone i'd be leery of a suspect 3rd party app. some are specifically noted in the market as not being 2.0 compatible or buggy. if you can remove all the 3rd party apps and try running the phone for a day to see what happens that might help with trouble shooting. if all is good, add them back little by little until you narrow down the offending app.

i've heard of some droids having a random reboot problem, but it seems to be very limited. in the two weeks i've had my droid i might have had one random reboot that i know about. android is a pretty stable os in general compared to the blackberry os.
    I'll try that. Right now the only apps I have on it are visual voice mail, Facebook, Weatherbug, and Weather Widgets. I have the Power Control and Calendar widgets on a separate screen. Other than that, it's all stock. No themes or anything like that are running. I'll do a reset and see how it goes. Hopefully one of those apps are the culprit.
    11-21-09 10:07 PM
    I had to exchange my Droid also but because of a dead pixel. All my apps were automatically downloaded once I logged into the new phone. The backup feature is off the charts.
    11-22-09 04:27 AM
    I've had the MotoDroid since launch, not a single reboot in that time. I've been installing all kinds of (free) apps, uninstalling the ones I don't like, installing new ones............The OS has struck me as very stable.
    11-22-09 11:28 AM
    Well, it was good for a couple hours. Now the phone is rebooting about 4 times an hour. Looks like this one will have to go back, too. As bad as my Storm was, it was never this bad.
    That Is most bizarre, the guy I talked with at Verizon has never heard of this issue....My storm had way more bugs (less than I was willing to admit when I had it, lol!) than the droid. Well, good luck anyway and I hope you get you phone troubles worked out.
    11-22-09 11:33 AM

I'm tempted to say that it is probably the fault of one of the 3rd party apps, I believe you stated on the original you wipe it and it would still reboot. Have you wipe this open and check to see if it reboots?
    11-22-09 11:36 AM
    Nevermind, didn't see your other post...
    11-22-09 11:37 AM
    Thanks, guys. I just want a Droid that works like it should. Without any apps on it, it's still doing the same thing. I just called VZ and they are going to ship me out another one. It took 40 minutes on the phone with them. I used my Tour to call them and in the 40 minutes I was on the phone with them the Droid locked up once requiring a battery pull to get it started again and power cycled 3 times. That's averaging a reboot every 10 minutes...
    11-22-09 12:45 PM
    That's crazy. I have a little problem with mine and I'm going to go to Best Buy and exchange it.

Will all of my apps (paid and free) as well as all of my settings sync back to my new phone?

That is why I haven't exchanged it yet, I don't want that hassle.
    11-22-09 01:58 PM
    That's crazy. I have a little problem with mine and I'm going to go to Best Buy and exchange it.

Will all of my apps (paid and free) as well as all of my settings sync back to my new phone?

That is why I haven't exchanged it yet, I don't want that hassle.
    Paid will transfer over to a download list in the market, free will not. You'll have to search for and then download them again. The settings used for the apps will also have to be redone.
    11-22-09 02:00 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD