I have a question and haven't found an answer...

I have OWA (Online Web Access) for my work email account and was able to set it up in my Palm Treo 755 a year and a half ago, and I was able to set it up via BIS on my Blackberry after I got rid of the Treo. Neither of these required installation of any software on my work computer to function (I think because I do have OWA access). However my BB only syncs e-mail (no contacts or calendar). The Treo would sync e-mail, contacts and calendar.

Will the Droid be capable of setting up access using OWA in a similar way to the Treo and BB, and if so will I gain the contacts and calendar syncing, AND...will it be manual or will it do it "automatically" (automatically = me setting it up to check at specific intervals I'm assuming).

Basically I want to access my work e-mail, contacts and calendar without having to log into the mobile browser each time, and ideally have it sync without me doing a manual push each time. Oh, and I need to be able to do it without installing software on my work computer.

I know the phone isn't out yet but thinking someone probably knows the answers.
    10-29-09 06:43 PM
    It will set up as push and you don' need to do anything else.
    10-29-09 09:01 PM
    I actually just found the user manual and read that section and it works just like my Palm and BB in setting it up, but I'm stoked that the Android sync can sync calendar AND contacts, too. My BB can only do e-mail. Lack of up to date calendar has been killing me.

P.S. Thank you
    10-29-09 09:03 PM
    It will support the ActiveSync protocol of the Exchange server. If your Palm 755 was setup to it, the Droid should be able to use the same connection and sync all your stuff wirelessly... full mailbox, unlike BIS on a BB.
    10-29-09 10:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD