Here's something that is annoying the heck out of me...

When I'm sending a text message to one of my contacts who has multiple numbers (home, mobile, work), in the "TO:" field I begin to type in my contact's name and all their contact numbers pop up. OK, that's nice, but one big problem: how do I know which number is the mobile number to which I want to send a text?

Several times already I've inadvertently chosen a home phone number and the text message obviously never went through.

On the BlackBerrys I've had, when I begin to enter a contact's name in the "TO:" field, the choices that appear have an indicator present telling me which number is the mobile one; consequently, I immediately know which number to choose.
    10-17-10 11:57 PM
    You are finding the subtle differences between a BB and Android device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-10 04:12 AM
    I use Handcent and it has an option to "show mobile only", eliminating that confusion. I'm not sure about the stock messaging app because I don't use it.
    10-19-10 04:17 AM
    You are finding the subtle differences between a BB and Android device.

I think it's as simple as filling in the "TO:" field using portrait mode--the types of numbers show up--then turning to landscape mode to type the message like I usually do.

I use Handcent and it has an option to "show mobile only", eliminating that confusion. I'm not sure about the stock messaging app because I don't use it.
    I installed Handcent, BTW, but how does one choose that option to which you refer? I didn't see that present.
    10-19-10 07:26 AM
    I installed Handcent, BTW, but how does one choose that option to which you refer? I didn't see that present.
    Settings => Send message settings => Show mobile num only
    10-20-10 07:24 AM
    Thanks. Done.

10-20-10 09:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD