Got this from Alldroid.org Pete has put together the newest update from Verizon with proper root and SU.

[ROM] ESE81 Completely Stock With Proper Root, SU, & Baseband
    03-31-10 11:00 AM
    Thanks, this is exactly what I was waiting for. Pete comes through big time, again!
    03-31-10 12:02 PM
    Thanks, this is exactly what I was waiting for. Pete comes through big time, again!
    Let me know how it goes. I'm gonna load it on tonight.
    03-31-10 12:27 PM
    Let me know how it goes. I'm gonna load it on tonight.
    Still debating whether to do it or not.

Theoretically, it will be possible to load this update.zip to upgrade my baseband to C_01.3E.03P, then do a Nandroid restore to get my CyanogenMod rom back. Correct?

The upgraded baseband is the only thing in this update that interests me ATM.

Edit: But then again, I might do it and see how hot the kernel runs with SetCPU at 800 Mhz. I know I won't get CPU temps, just battery and board temps with this stock kernel though.
    Last edited by xliderider; 03-31-10 at 01:27 PM.
    03-31-10 01:23 PM
    From reading a little at Alldroid, it seems that all the ESE53 kernels work with this rom, so overclocking with CPU temp monitoring shouldn't be a problem.

You might need to wipe data before applying the update.zip though. Some people are reporting FC's after the update.zip is applied if a wipe isn't done.
    03-31-10 02:13 PM
    Just applied this update. What I did:

1) Renamed file update.zip and put it on the root of my sd card.
    2) Booted into SP_Recovery.
    2) Made a nandroid backup of my Koush/CyanogenMod setup.
    3) Wiped data/cache 2x.
    4) Installed update.zip
    5) Performed nandroid restore of Koush/CyanogenMod rom.

Got a little freaked out when the Droid rebooted to a screen saying the phone is in Roaming mode and to Activate phone. I pressed the Activate button on the screen and the *228 thing started, so I put it on speakerphone. But then the thing said to select option 1 to program your phone, but there was no onscreen keypad lol. After I calmed down a bit, I pulled the keyboard out (I forget it's there since I never use it) and press the Q/1 key praying that it will accept it as a 1.

After that, everything was good. CyanogenMod rom is exactly as it was pre update (Overclocked, CPU temp monitoring, 360 degree screen rotation, all my apps and setups are there), the only thing different is my baseband is updated to C_01.3E.03P, exactly what I wanted out of this "update".

Now all I have to do is wait for the devs to come out with their custom roms with the ESE81 + all the goodies.
    Last edited by xliderider; 03-31-10 at 03:01 PM.
    03-31-10 02:57 PM
    lol. I just found an update.zip file posted over at Alldroid that would've just updated my baseband only:

Baseband results anyone? Bueller?

See the attached file in post #23. The upgraded baseband radio file seems to be the only "upgrade" if you are currently running a 2.1 custom rom now.

Edit: Apparently the Google sign in error and having to activate the phone is all part of the baseband update process and is normal.

Edit 2: If you had applied the Vocode change to EVRC-B previously using the ##PROGRAM screen, you will need to apply it again as the update to the .03P baseband resets it to the default EVRC vocode.
    Last edited by xliderider; 03-31-10 at 03:41 PM.
    03-31-10 03:17 PM
    Just applied this update. What I did:

1) Renamed file update.zip and put it on the root of my sd card.
    2) Booted into SP_Recovery.
    2) Made a nandroid backup of my Koush/CyanogenMod setup.
    3) Wiped data/cache 2x.
    4) Installed update.zip
    5) Performed nandroid restore of Koush/CyanogenMod rom.

Got a little freaked out when the Droid rebooted to a screen saying the phone is in Roaming mode and to Activate phone. I pressed the Activate button on the screen and the *228 thing started, so I put it on speakerphone. But then the thing said to select option 1 to program your phone, but there was no onscreen keypad lol. After I calmed down a bit, I pulled the keyboard out (I forget it's there since I never use it) and press the Q/1 key praying that it will accept it as a 1.

After that, everything was good. CyanogenMod rom is exactly as it was pre update (Overclocked, CPU temp monitoring, 360 degree screen rotation, all my apps and setups are there), the only thing different is my baseband is updated to C_01.3E.03P, exactly what I wanted out of this "update".

Now all I have to do is wait for the devs to come out with their custom roms with the ESE81 + all the goodies.

Ok so could I load BB 0.8?

Assuming I do the following:
    1. Nandroid backup
    2. full wipe and wipe cache
    3. install update.zip
    4. restore my BB 0.8?

But what options do I choose to restore my ROM without reverting back to the old OS?
    03-31-10 08:55 PM
    The steps above just update the baseband radio file. As long as you are using a 2.1 rom based on ESE53, that's what you will be restoring with the nandroid backup.

If you want to stay on the ESE81 rom, you can't do a full nandroid restore after the update. Unless you can just restore data without restoring the system files.
    03-31-10 10:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD