I'm wondering if anyone has compared the Droid and Eris in terms of signal strength? And I'm not talking about using the signal meter on the phone. I'm talking about going into Settings> About Phone>Status> and checking signal strength of the 2 phones side by side. Motorola used to always have some of the best CDMA phones in terms of pulling in a strong signal. Did that carry over to the Droid?
    11-10-09 11:14 AM
    I'm wondering if anyone has compared the Droid and Eris in terms of signal strength? And I'm not talking about using the signal meter on the phone. I'm talking about going into Settings> About Phone>Status> and checking signal strength of the 2 phones side by side. Motorola used to always have some of the best CDMA phones in terms of pulling in a strong signal. Did that carry over to the Droid?
    Can't speak for the Eris, but in my room where my Tour would get -80dB, I'm pulling anywhere from -70 to -59dB. That's a strong signal!
    11-10-09 11:17 AM
    Can't speak for the Eris, but in my room where my Tour would get -80dB, I'm pulling anywhere from -70 to -59dB. That's a strong signal!
    I can verify this as well...Tour 90db signal all over the place in my apt Droid 60-70db.

I never dropped any calls on my Tour though so I wasn't concerned about the signal.
    11-10-09 11:33 AM
    Cool. I'm just wondering what the signal difference between the Droid and Eris is. I can make and receive calls and texts on my Eris but the weak signal is killing my battery life.
    11-10-09 11:38 AM
    ya my eris kind of changes from 1x to 3g alot ive noticed. i dont really pay attention to it though since i never drop a call or have no coverage. but now that you mention it maybe thats why my battery life is kinda crappy...
    11-10-09 12:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD