That's pretty good news. I love my pearl but I think it would laugh at me if I told it I was gonna download 30 apps to it in one night!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yea I know all about the pearl lol. The Eris is a big step up from that. you may need some time to get used to the typing though.
    11-08-09 10:14 AM
    Yea I know all about the pearl lol. The Eris is a big step up from that. you may need some time to get used to the typing though.
    Yeah. Played with the eris and the droid in a small Verizon store and the rep hadn't had much training on either. Since they weren't busy he and I spent almost an hour together messing with them. I found that I was typing pretty good on the eris though. The droid would have been a much steeper learning curve coming from the pearl in my opinion. I guess that's one of the reasons I liked the eris so much better too. Its much more like my pearl than the droid was.

11-08-09 10:19 AM
    Dont be afraid of the app memory. The ROM that holds all the important stuff is 512MB so you wont be sharing resources with app memory. Some apps also store things on your SD card so they won't hog up memory either. No, I am not saying they run off the SD card, they store cache files and other things on the SD card.
    11-08-09 10:29 AM
    Fwiw I have downloaded a few apps and the phone is still flying

Handcent sms awesome for texting
    3 games, robot defender, bejewled, trap,
    Fb app..pretty weak but works
    And a few other apps...no noticeable performance issues.

And the typing is great

11-08-09 10:51 AM
    Handcent
    Pandora
    Speed Forge Demo
    Shazam
    Google Voice
    Barcode Scanner
    Where
    11-08-09 11:20 AM
    Wow, 30 apps and still at 114MB! That is great news. I have read that Android manages the apps and the memory differently than BB, but I had no idea it was THAT different. The more I read the more I like the Eris, but I still have some time to wait so maybe I'll get to see what the Passion is all about. The resolution of the Droid with a faster precessor, Sense UI, more memory and 2.0 sounds like a winning combo to me.

11-08-09 11:26 AM
    Can someone explain what rooting the phone is? Is that like jailbreaking an ipod?

11-08-09 11:28 AM
    From what I underdtand rooting is more like getting admin access to a computer. It allows you to do things that you normally couldn't do. Example, run App2Sd and install apps to the sd card. I have also read that it is a great way to brick your phone and unlike blackberry once you brick it you are done.

11-08-09 11:32 AM
    Doesn't sound like rooting the phone is very wise but when i do searches on android that seems to be most of what comes up. Though since many of us are coming from BB it's not so unusual to see everyone trying to find tweaks and stuff for their phones.
    11-08-09 05:05 PM
    From what I underdtand rooting is more like getting admin access to a computer. It allows you to do things that you normally couldn't do. Example, run App2Sd and install apps to the sd card. I have also read that it is a great way to brick your phone and unlike blackberry once you brick it you are done.

Rooting also voids your warranty.
    11-08-09 06:36 PM
    voiding the warranty right now doesn't sound like a good idea to me.

Anyone have any observations on the battery life you are getting on your eris so far?
    11-09-09 12:46 AM
    The SMS bug...sorry to bring it up again, but...is it the widget, or the actual application? Thanks
    11-09-09 01:54 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD