Samsung is going to roll out froyo for the Epic 4g tonight. To all of you Epic users, congrats and welcome to the froyo party. (Officially) So anyway, congrats epic users. This is all happening tonight. Enjoy! I feel bad for the rest of Galaxy users without it. Well its only time until all of you get it. (Hopefully .....)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by WhoolioPreludee; 02-21-11 at 06:21 PM.
    02-21-11 06:04 PM
    That sux, the Epic 4g certainly wasn't the first Galaxy S device out, yet it gets the first "official" Froyo?

Oh well, at least my wife's Fascinate has been on the leaked EB01 Froyo rom for a while now.
    02-21-11 07:43 PM
    I'd be more excited if they rolled out Gingerbread, any device getting Froyo is way behind software wise.
    02-21-11 08:08 PM
    I'd be more excited if they rolled out Gingerbread, any device getting Froyo is way behind software wise.
    Sad, but so true. It seems, that people were right in saying that Samsung is terrible when it comes to software support for their devices. When we purchased the Fascinate last year, the Verizon reps were saying that Froyo would be released "by the end of the year." Well it's way past the New Year and still no official Froyo.
    02-21-11 08:23 PM
    Sad, but so true. It seems, that people were right in saying that Samsung is terrible when it comes to software support for their devices. When we purchased the Fascinate last year, the Verizon reps were saying that Froyo would be released "by the end of the year." Well it's way past the New Year and still no official Froyo.
    Just on the fact that Samsung is slow to update their devices I would never recommend it to someone looking to get an Android device. It's a shame because the Galaxy S line of devices are great IMO. My sister almost made the mistake of getting a Fascinate and I advised her to hold out for the Thunderbolt.
    02-21-11 09:35 PM
    It is sad that the devices with the best hardware released in 2010 are getting Froyo updates when phone will start to ship with Gingerbread.

We had Froyo before the Fascinate even released on VZW LOL.
    02-22-11 03:37 PM
    It is sad that the devices with the best hardware released in 2010 are getting Froyo updates when phone will start to ship with Gingerbread.

We had Froyo before the Fascinate even released on VZW LOL.
    Yet another sore spot, that Verizon is always the last to release devices that other carriers have had out for months.
    02-22-11 03:56 PM
    besides the nexus devices which one of them is samsung made, no other devices on the market have gingerbread. so 2.2 on the epic is right with every other device on the market. a lot of other devices are still on 2.1 and haven't had the uprise that samsung users did. I have the epic, and was perfectly happy with 2.1 but 2.2 just got pushed to my device today and i love it!!! its the best. this epic is a machine
    02-24-11 01:23 AM
    sprint and samsung pulled the update...its been put on hold.

Samsung Epic 4G Froyo Update Put on Hold | Android Phone Fans

From the Sprint website:

UPDATE:
    There have been an increased number of calls into Care regarding issues with the Epic following the upgrade. As a result, the upgrade will not be pushed to more devices until a resolution for these issues is in place. The OTW update on the Samsung website will also be taken down.
    Sprint and Samsung are actively working to correct these problems and release the update to all devices. I will provide updates as I receive them.
    02-24-11 11:51 AM
    besides the nexus devices which one of them is samsung made, no other devices on the market have gingerbread. so 2.2 on the epic is right with every other device on the market. a lot of other devices are still on 2.1 and haven't had the uprise that samsung users did. I have the epic, and was perfectly happy with 2.1 but 2.2 just got pushed to my device today and i love it!!! its the best. this epic is a machine
    That's awesome. But the point is you have a top of the line Android device, and you are just getting 2.2 now. You don't see a problem with this?
    02-24-11 06:30 PM

From the Sprint website:

UPDATE:
    There have been an increased number of calls into Care regarding issues with the Epic following the upgrade. As a result, the upgrade will not be pushed to more devices until a resolution for these issues is in place. The OTW update on the Samsung website will also be taken down.
    Sprint and Samsung are actively working to correct these problems and release the update to all devices. I will provide updates as I receive them.
    Wow....I love samsung electronics (tv, dvd players, etc.) But I will never, ever purchase a mobile phone from samsung.

02-25-11 12:55 AM
    Although Gingerbread isn't on a bunch of devices (officially) yet..doesn't mean the updates aren't coming soon. The fact that Samsung is just releasing Froyo now (or not lol) just shows how slow they are with updates. Within 3-4 months I expect most other newer phones to be getting official Gingerbread..meanwhile Samsung will be this time next year probably. That's a deal breaker in my books..and one reason I will never (until they improve) purchase a Samsung phone.
    02-25-11 08:48 AM
    In my case,the Galaxy S was released in August (Canada),got froyo (official) in December and rumor has Gingerbread for March. That's not so bad is it?

02-26-11 06:20 PM
    In my case,the Galaxy S was released in August (Canada),got froyo (official) in December and rumor has Gingerbread for March. That's not so bad is it?

Nah..that's cool..but when was it released in the States? Also..I know some of the Samsung phones that came out in March are just getting Froyo now..that's 11 months. When Gingerbread is official..i expect it to be about the same wait for Samsung owners. I'd be real skeptical of the "March" release for GB..but who knows..hopefully Sammy get's their ****e together and speeds up the updates.
    02-26-11 06:51 PM
    Nah..that's cool..but when was it released in the States? Also..I know some of the Samsung phones that came out in March are just getting Froyo now..that's 11 months. When Gingerbread is official..i expect it to be about the same wait for Samsung owners. I'd be real skeptical of the "March" release for GB..but who knows..hopefully Sammy get's their ****e together and speeds up the updates.
    I'm little skeptical about GB for March also tbh but ya never know,Samsung may one day get it right....hopefully.

02-26-11 07:04 PM
    I'm little skeptical about GB for March also tbh but ya never know,Samsung may one day get it right....hopefully.
    If not..XDA will be able to build out of what is released anyways i'm sure
    02-26-11 07:10 PM

From the Sprint website:

UPDATE:
    Wonder if Apple has ever pulled an update.. .. kidding..
    02-26-11 08:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD