I don't get all this butthurt boo-hooing about people, reviewer or other, being biased toward any product. That's a bias to take into consideration, I'd say. When the pros have a preference it's time to shut-up and listen. I love a lot about Android, but don't kid myself in thinking it's better than iPhone. It's all dependent on what you value in your phone. For Android users it's freedom to customize and micro-manage processes/roms/etc. Personally it's about function, and I've never handeled an Androidu, rooted or otherwise, that was as smooth and seemless as any and every iPhone I've ever seen/handled/owned. Non-stop freezing and constant necessity to pull batteries and perform factory resets is just incompetence to the highest degree! I'm sure some iPhones have needed this, though none I've heard of or seen, but the number of Androids that do is just mind-boggling!

The things I love about iPhone (& BlackBerry) are that everything is proprietary. There are no third parties dipping their hands in and adding their own "skins" flare to it. Thus reducing the posibility for flaw. I like that everything is built to specifically house what was developed specifically for and by them. The more hands involved the more room for error.
    All the freezing and battery pulls came from my bberries. I don't even remember what my battery looks like on my SGS, and I've had it for almost 10 months now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-11 07:54 PM
    All the freezing and battery pulls came from my bberries. I don't even remember what my battery looks like on my SGS, and I've had it for almost 10 months now.

Yeah forgot the ever-common and present "force close" for Android, along with factory data resets. Way too abundant for me to back them as a top notch system. Then again, my experiences are based on dealing with customers phones, and the average on those are user error not doing the necessary maintenance in order to prevent such things.
    04-28-11 11:00 PM
    Phone looks good. I want to see the VZW version. I may get this instead of an HTC dual core phone.

i would like to see a TMO version but no point since i'm still under contract for another year..
    04-29-11 12:01 AM
    The phone looks great, thinner, lighter, faster AND HD! I don't know how those people can fit so much into the worlds thinnest smartphone.
    04-29-11 12:33 AM
    Well, that's more a review by what's left of Engadget so I don't know how significant that endorsement is.
    04-29-11 01:03 AM
    Yeah forgot the ever-common and present "force close" for Android, along with factory data resets. Way too abundant for me to back them as a top notch system. Then again, my experiences are based on dealing with customers phones, and the average on those are user error not doing the necessary maintenance in order to prevent such things.
    Can you clarify this post a bit? You say that force closes & factory data resets are too abundant to back them as a top notch system. On my MT4G, I get a force closing app maybe once every other week. When an app force closes, all you have to do is click the "force close" button and restart the app and go about your business. I had to do battery pulls on my 9700 about twice a week, despite having it programmed to reset itself every night. My phone took about 5 minutes to reboot. So this was about 5 minutes twice a week that my 9700 was out of commission vs having to click two buttons every other week. Also, w/ the factory data resets...those don't just happen. You have to select to factory reset your device just like on BB.

I think you hit the nail on the head when you said your experience is based on workint with customer phones.
    04-29-11 01:07 PM
    Well, that's more a review by what's left of Engadget so I don't know how significant that endorsement is.
    This is very true, but from what I have seen, this device looks very good.
    04-29-11 02:58 PM
    Well time has taught me never to say never. Yes I posted that I may be done with Sammy products after the Fasc. But this will be my next phone. I am tempted to get the Charge to tie me over. Yes there were some issues with the radio maybe. But the AMOLED screen does not was out in direct sunlight. I dont think any phone can beat that. Since I am a heavy texter. The 4.3" screen should be a delight to text on. Just as with my X.
    Takes on getting the Charge til this hits VZ greatly appreciated.
    04-30-11 10:41 AM
    That's what I'm thinking. I guessed August, in one of the other threads. I'm also thinking that it will be LTE.
    I'm banking on it being LTE
    04-30-11 10:44 AM
    damn pure sex...even with touchwiz
    Lol I will take sloppy seconds
    04-30-11 10:47 AM
    device is pure sexxx, might have to get my own contract in the summer so what ever version tmobile get ill prob have
    05-01-11 02:06 PM
    GD, I can't wait for this phone.

Samsung Galaxy S II review | BGR
    05-16-11 06:24 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD