Why is everyone acting like they hated the Droid? It seemed to me that they liked it...a lot.
    10-30-09 03:56 PM
    I only pay for vznav when i am on vacation. I rarely need gps when I'm in my home town.
    i do the same thing these days....turn it on when i leave town. same thing with broadband access.

what i want to know about every non-blackberry device being pitched is: does it have an led notification light? THAT is the crack in crackberry.
    10-30-09 04:03 PM
    Why is everyone acting like they hated the Droid? It seemed to me that they liked it...a lot.
    Agreed. A couple issues, nothing that can't be fixed.

The only thing that I didn't like is that they said the backlight didn't come on the keyboard sometimes. But I don't know that I'll be using the slide out that often anyway. It's something I'll have to see in person.
    10-30-09 04:04 PM
    Yep, seemed like they really liked it to me too. There will be a TON of reviews out next week.
    10-30-09 04:04 PM
    I'd rather have FREE then $10/month any day of the week.
    So you thinking about going to the Droid too?
    10-30-09 04:07 PM
    So you thinking about going to the Droid too?
    I have some questions to answer with the platform first before moving to it. The quote above is strickly speaking even from a BB platform itself. (I can do VZNav stuff for free with other apps.) In case you haven't figured out... I don't like paying for stuff that can be accomplished for free and still be legal.
    10-30-09 04:13 PM
    I really don't think everyone is. Some, what would appear to be Droid haters/Storm supporters are making posts. Overall, it was not a bad review by any means. Especially from an Iphone bias group. I really like the potential this phone and the android OS has. Nothing I have seen so far has gotten me worried.
    The whole "I am sticking with the Storm 2 because the free Nav system on the Droid does not give my advance notice" is about the dumbest thing I have ever heard. You will pay for VZnav either way you go so if they were going to jump ship for a Nav then please do stick with the Storm 2. Then they come back and say they only use it on some trips. Now it even looks more lame.

I can see the BT issue as being a deal breaker for some and I don't quite understand the thinking on this since most states will require it soon anyway. Unless there is just something the forbids it, I can see this being put in down the road.

The limited apps should not even be a question. Still better looking apps than much of the BB side ones and they will grow as the OS takes off.

Multitouch is nice, but definitely not a deal breaker for me.

The battery life appears to be really good for this type of phone. When I had my Iphone for a short period, I hated the battery life on it. Using wifi meant carrying a charger with you.

Soooo looking forward to next Friday.
    10-30-09 04:15 PM
    ... I don't like paying for stuff that can be accomplished for free and still be legal.
    Agreed

10 char
    10-30-09 04:26 PM
    Don't get upset, but this is kind of ignorant.

Between Poynt and Google Maps I can accomplish the same tasks for FREE. But then, I don't need turn by turn with a voice... I just need a general idea of where I need to go and turn. So, to each their own, but $10/month FOREVER is A LOT. I'll keep my $120 a year for some other useless splurge.
    Uhh, that was my point!
    10-30-09 04:55 PM
    i do the same thing these days....turn it on when i leave town. same thing with broadband access.

what i want to know about every non-blackberry device being pitched is: does it have an led notification light? THAT is the crack in crackberry.
    I would like to know this also, I'm not sure I could live without the LED notification light...
    10-30-09 06:29 PM
    Keep in mind that GPS navigation is only as good as the stoned college kid who mapped the area.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-09 07:13 PM
    I would like to know this also, I'm not sure I could live without the LED notification light...
    Yes, the Droid has an LED notification light.

The Engadget review seemed fair to me. They seemed to say that all smartphones have their strengths and weaknesses and went so far as saying the Droid outdoes the iPhone in several areas, and the iPhone outdoes the Droid in several areas. No big deal.

Hopefully, Google takes reviews like this to heart and improves the OS/software side of things like the bland music player app, etc., because the Droid has the hardware to make the Google experience great.
    10-30-09 07:22 PM
    I believe there are two leds used for flash and one is used for notification.

10-30-09 08:13 PM
    I believe there are two leds used for flash and one is used for notification.

Then, there are 3 LEDs. There are 2 LEDs for the camera flash.
    10-30-09 08:22 PM
    The guy who reviewed the GPS was a phag... It is free turn by turn in beta! Lol it will get better and the android OS has limitless possibilities with the open source... I will get the phone eventually but I'm kinda enjoying my storm with five point oh . I like the way the droid is lookin but I gotta play with it first

10-30-09 08:34 PM
    Not concerned about the media player, I mainly use slacker or pandora anyways.

Also, as they mentioned, the Droid will be getting "first class" support from google and VZW. It's a "google experience" phone and the first 2.0 so I'm sure they'll address issues quickly and the whole Droid line is VZW's baby so I'm sure they will be giving it priority with getting software updates out and stuff.

Heck of a lot better than being a 9630 user who will surely be left behind once the essex is out.
    Last edited by PDR447; 10-30-09 at 08:40 PM. Reason: my original "h" word was censored
    10-30-09 08:37 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD