I'm looking for an App that allows me to identify an email as spam or whatever from my Droid X2.

I just moved from a BB and had a pro version of Smrtguard. I moved my Smrtguard account to the droid but I can't identify or block junk/ spam emails.

I contacted Smrtguard and they tell me their system on android does not have the email block option...."YET."

It was a great option for emails that made it through to my phone. essentially it was a blacklist type maneuver.

NO I don't want to use my gmail or other POP3 account settings, etc.

Anyone know of an app that allows this from the phone?

Thanks in advance.
    07-03-11 05:14 PM
    Exact same boat here!
    Already missing some Blackberry specific items :-(
    07-20-11 11:28 AM
    I use K9 mail myself, and all I have to do is mark it as spam.

My email server has a designated Spam folder which in addition to moving any emails it tags as spam into that folder, it also scans any emails I personally move into that folder to update the spam filters. Most mail servers operate this way these days, it's pretty common.

If an email squeaks past the spam filters I have setup (pretty rare these days), I just longpress the email and mark it Spam. K9 then moves it into the spam folder and the mail server handles the rest.

The Gmail app also has a Mark as Spam option. Hi-lite the email in question, Menu -> Mark as Spam.
    07-20-11 11:56 AM
    This. K9 is a great email program, does quite a bit for a free app.

I use K9 mail myself, and all I have to do is mark it as spam.

My email server has a designated Spam folder which in addition to moving any emails it tags as spam into that folder, it also scans any emails I personally move into that folder to update the spam filters. Most mail servers operate this way these days, it's pretty common.

If an email squeaks past the spam filters I have setup (pretty rare these days), I just longpress the email and mark it Spam. K9 then moves it into the spam folder and the mail server handles the rest.

The Gmail app also has a Mark as Spam option. Hi-lite the email in question, Menu -> Mark as Spam.
    07-20-11 12:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD