So let me see if I got this right... if you have a Gmail account you can get pushed email, but only if you use the Gmail app rather than the email app. For all other email accounts, use the email app and you will get pulled email (which may take a little longer to update with notifications ). Is this correct? Or can/should you add your Gmail to the email app and still get pushed email?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-09 09:41 AM
    No comments?

11-25-09 10:57 AM
    androidforums.net all the info you could desire.
    11-25-09 11:00 AM
    Kinda silly question? Why does it matter if you use the Gmail App built in for the Gmail or the Email app? IF they go as far to include a special email program for their users its usually best to go with it functionality wise.
    11-25-09 03:18 PM
    androidforums.net all the info you could desire.
    you mean Droid Forum - Covering all Verizon Droid Phones & the Motorola Droid

you put in a whole word typo : )

droidforms.net
    11-25-09 03:31 PM
    Kinda silly question? Why does it matter if you use the Gmail App built in for the Gmail or the Email app? IF they go as far to include a special email program for their users its usually best to go with it functionality wise.
    2 reasons it matters, first off if you use gmail using the gmail folder wich is pushed to your device, the you dont need it set up in the email app to fetch! Saves battery.Second it always notifies you first thru the gmail app before it does the email app, wich is set to fetch at certain user defined intervals, so faster.
    11-25-09 04:20 PM
    2 reasons it matters, first off if you use gmail using the gmail folder wich is pushed to your device, the you dont need it set up in the email app to fetch! Saves battery.Second it always notifies you first thru the gmail app before it does the email app, wich is set to fetch at certain user defined intervals, so faster.
    Thanks, that was what I wanted to know
    11-25-09 06:56 PM
    you are correct, when using gmail you use the gmail app, other email is under the email icon. The phone is built around all things google, thats why it works so well with gmail and basically bites when it comes to using your own email. I personally dont use it for email any more because I refuse to use gmail.

So let me see if I got this right... if you have a Gmail account you can get pushed email, but only if you use the Gmail app rather than the email app. For all other email accounts, use the email app and you will get pulled email (which may take a little longer to update with notifications ). Is this correct? Or can/should you add your Gmail to the email app and still get pushed email?

11-26-09 02:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD